PDA

View Full Version : 1991 Prostar

pilot02
02-09-2008, 07:02 AM
I'm helping a ski buddy repair/restore a 91 prostar 190 and need some info...
1) can someone provide me a pic of the original factory anchor light and mount (mount primarily).
2) replacing decals, this boat has the primary side decals which are white with a shadow effect. Are these still avail or has someone had them created somewhere already? I've already got a file for the Prostar 190 (Thanks Tony). Also need the "Mastercraft Competition Ski boat" decal for the transom. Has anybody got an Adobe Illustrator file for that that you can send me?
3) Anyone out there with an older version of Perfect Pass (pre paddle wheel) encountered a problem where the Perfect Pass prevented the boat from starting (I'm going off of the owners response with this one as I've not personally had the boat in the water yet.. I just got it into my possession on Sunday and have contacted perfect pass for manuals. Any tips, things to check would be helpful.. As it sits now, it appears the up arrow button on the display doesn't work and the system (Digital Pro) goes straight into wakeboard mode. I sent correspondence to perfect pass and got the manual and also that they can repair the display but no response on the lack of ignition or the reason for the system going to wakeboard mode and not allowing changes. Based on my knowledge of Accuski (which I have) there technically shouldn't be a correlation between lack of fire (ignition) but the new owner is adamant there is.. Talk to me guys! Thanks!

sk8salomon
02-09-2008, 07:48 AM
The anchor light shouldn't be that hard to find at any MC dealership. I'll try and search for a pic.

I'll make a suggestion on the decals. I installed '05 raised lettering on my '89 and it looked so much better. People always asked, "what year is that"... Yes, a little pricey, but makes the boat look so much better.

sk8salomon
02-09-2008, 08:11 AM
i stole this pic from east_tx skier's post in the prostar thread. even tho it's a 205, it should be almost identical.

TMCNo1
02-09-2008, 09:29 AM
[quote=pilot02]I'm helping a ski buddy repair/restore a 91 prostar 190 and need some info...
1) can someone provide me a pic of the original factory anchor light and mount (mount primarily).

This should be it from West Marine, http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/producte/10001/-1/10001/46870/377%20710%201607/0/Navigation%20Lights/Primary%20Search/mode%20matchallpartial/30/0?N=377%20710%201607&Ne=0&Ntt=Navigation%20Lights&Ntx=mode%20matchallpartial&page=CategoryDisplayLevel1&isLTokenURL=true&storeNum=5002&subdeptNum=9&classNum=236

They even sell just the replacement base only! Check with H20skeefreek @ the Columbia, SC store.

WTRSK1R
02-09-2008, 10:04 AM
Not sure what he has left, but check this thread (http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21104&highlight=decals)for OEM decals. Depending on what color you were looking for, and what he has left C36 made a MAJOR score on OEM decals and was trying to find needy boats. :)

I do not think they are available from a dealer anymore unless someone has old new stock.