PDA

View Full Version : mastercraft trailer jack

gabehonda
02-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Anyone one know where to get a replacement trailer jack . I have a 2000 xstar on a dual axel trailer. The jack is done for and i need a replacement.. the jack that is on it is an atwood and the mount doesn't appear to match up to anything i can find.... is this something that was only made for mastercraft trailers ?

cbryan70
02-07-2008, 10:25 PM
west marine, boaters world, cabelas, bass pro, check all those places

Chas
02-07-2008, 10:57 PM
There are two trailer places in town, and I have seen the same jack my older S&S has at both places.

Mine is welded in, but I think I can insert new guts into it, though I'm not afraid to grind off the welds and have a new one welded back in it's place.

TMCNo1
02-08-2008, 06:06 AM
Northern Tool, Harbor Freight have a good assortment to fit yours as as a replacement too. Take your old jack off the trailer, take it with you. Most of these jacks are held onto the trailer mount with a "C" clip and find one that matches the mount.
Here is a link to Northern Tools jack assortment as a example of what is out there, http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/category_6970_166839+90554+775742

PS, Don't forget that your local MC dealer may get or have one that will work on your trailer, even maybe a direct replacement like what came on it. The MC factory jacks are not just made for them, but the same generic jacks as used and sold everywhere, most recently Fulton, but there are also some Bulldog jacks on the older trailers.

gabehonda
02-10-2008, 10:53 AM
The jack on my trailer doesn't use a standard c clip style.. the plate attached to the jack slides over a welded plate sticking off of the trailer and then they bolt together... i have looked at all the places everyone has suggested and no luck... i even sent pics to a local trailer distributor and he doesn't seem to have ever seen this style... does anyone else have jack issues for this year trailer... its a 2000 with model TA-PS-205V .... THANKS

JRW160
03-02-2008, 08:53 AM
The jack on my trailer doesn't use a standard c clip style.. the plate attached to the jack slides over a welded plate sticking off of the trailer and then they bolt together... i have looked at all the places everyone has suggested and no luck... i even sent pics to a local trailer distributor and he doesn't seem to have ever seen this style... does anyone else have jack issues for this year trailer... its a 2000 with model TA-PS-205V .... THANKS

I'm running into the same problem on a 2000 Maristar 230 trailer.

TMCNo1
03-02-2008, 09:05 AM
As should be understood and without question, the first place to check would be a MasterCraft dealer and they probably has access to them if the factory still has any in stock.

ProStar Slalom
03-03-2008, 11:54 AM
Is this the one you're looking for? Looks a lot like mine on a 2001.

gabehonda
03-04-2008, 07:55 PM
That does look like the one I am looking for ( as far as i can tell in the pic ).... any idea where to get it ?

Sodar
03-04-2008, 08:55 PM
Good Luck on locating the jack. I heard from my dealer and my local trailer shop, that the original attwood jack is no longer produced. I ended up grinding the old plate off when I redid my trailer and put on the new fulton baseplate... like the ones that are used on the new MC trailers....

ProStar Slalom
03-14-2008, 06:53 AM
The original jack mounted to the welded-on plate is an Atwood #84025. I just received mine from llmarine.com. Don't know if Atwood still makes them, but llmarine has some in stock for anyone who needs one. Not cheap, but makes for an easy and original install.

woftam
11-25-2008, 05:51 PM
ProStar Slalom,
That looks like the jack I'm looking for too.
Tried llmarine.com and googled as well, but couldn't get to a working website.
Do you have any other, or updated, contact info?
Thanks in advance, JB

brianpt
11-25-2008, 07:24 PM
i found thise jack i guess mastercraft uses on there new boats now here the earl
http://www.overtons.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?r=view&i=70969&cID=SHOPZ_70969

Footin
11-25-2008, 08:01 PM
I like that one, I wonder what the chances are that the bolt pattern is the same as my 94 trailer?

woftam
11-25-2008, 08:07 PM
I like that one, I wonder what the chances are that the bolt pattern is the same as my 94 trailer?

That's what I'm trying to match up. The jack bolt pattern to a '94 trailer.
Many choices for clamp on jacks, but I'm most interested in a jack that would mate to the '94 trailer w/o clamping, but rather using the existing mounting points.

Footin
11-25-2008, 08:18 PM
That's what I'm trying to match up. The jack bolt pattern to a '94 trailer.
Many choices for clamp on jacks, but I'm most interested in a jack that would mate to the '94 trailer w/o clamping, but rather using the existing mounting points.

That's exactly what I want to do. That jack is pretty cool, it would be grat if it would line up.
They make that jack with a locking wheel also.

ttu
11-25-2008, 08:32 PM
i posted about this jack over on the 09 pwt xstar thread. i called fulton jack and was told it would not bolt up to my 07 mc trailer.:mad:

woftam
11-25-2008, 08:50 PM
i posted about this jack over on the 09 pwt xstar thread. i called fulton jack and was told it would not bolt up to my 07 mc trailer.:mad:

Just by eyeing up, it doesn't look like that one will work w/o modifications.

ProStar Slalom had a possible source in spring of this year, however, I wasn't able to locate his referenced source.

The original '94 trailer is set up to receive jacks having a certain bolt pattern. They don't need to be clamped around. I think that's what Footin and I are looking for, if anyone has any specific info, that would be great.

Chicago190
11-25-2008, 09:01 PM
It looks like you could just take one of those jacks and then disregard the backing plate on the clamp, and just clamp it to the existing mount after drilling new holes in either the jack or trailer mount.

JohnnyB
11-25-2008, 09:07 PM
Mine was starting to bind up pretty bad last season and eventually broke. The cost of new gears for it was $12 + shipping. Worth just "changing out the guts" like was mentioned earlier.

JohnnyB
11-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Here's a manual with parts breakdown for atwood....

http://www.hylineservice.com/PDF/Service%20Manuals/Atwood/HDW04.pdf

ProStar Slalom
11-25-2008, 09:30 PM
ProStar Slalom,
That looks like the jack I'm looking for too.
Tried llmarine.com and googled as well, but couldn't get to a working website.
Do you have any other, or updated, contact info?
Thanks in advance, JB

Hmmm...I just tried their website and couldn't get it to work. Can't find a phone number for them...ok found it on my Visa bill: LL Marine in California 951-256-8600. Haven't tried it; hopefully they're still in business.

Or, I think you can buy from atwood directly, atwoodmobile.com. Hope this helps.

Sodar
11-25-2008, 09:49 PM
L&L Marine closed their doors about 2 weeks ago... they were an awesome company!

woftam
11-26-2008, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the info ProStar Slalom, JohnnyB, and Sodar!

brucemac
12-10-2008, 06:58 PM
So, I'm wondering about this. Am I out of luck on that new Fulton? My trailer looks a lot like Sodar's. It's an 03 X-2 with dual axle trailer. So I don't get it, you actually had to grind off that square piece Sodar? Did you do that yourself, or did someone do that for you? My jack is working, but I know I'll need to replace it. I guess I never imagined it would be tough to replace. You obviously must have ended up repainting your trailer then? I'm not at home, but how does that Atwood jack attach to the piece sticking out of the trailer? Any chance Fulton would have something to make it work with all of us with 00-08 trailers? I guess at the end of the day, I don't need that Fulton, but it would be nice.

ttu
12-10-2008, 07:16 PM
So, I'm wondering about this. Am I out of luck on that new Fulton? My trailer looks a lot like Sodar's. It's an 03 X-2 with dual axle trailer. So I don't get it, you actually had to grind off that square piece Sodar? Did you do that yourself, or did someone do that for you? My jack is working, but I know I'll need to replace it. I guess I never imagined it would be tough to replace. You obviously must have ended up repainting your trailer then? I'm not at home, but how does that Atwood jack attach to the piece sticking out of the trailer? Any chance Fulton would have something to make it work with all of us with 00-08 trailers? I guess at the end of the day, I don't need that Fulton, but it would be nice.

bruce, i was thinking again about this today. i looked for a email address to send to fulton to let them know how many of us have a interest for this new fulton jack to see if they could come up with something but could not find any their address.

i am sure if there were enough of us with a interest they might give it a shot.

brucemac
12-10-2008, 08:10 PM
ttu, i emailed them this afternoon.

here's the contact page:
http://www.fultonperformance.com/contact.html

can you send them an email?

there's a wakeworld thread on this jack, and the guy says it comes with at least one set of u-bolts that go around the frame, but obviously this wouldn't look very good. he ended up buying a weld on plate from them for an additional $20. looking for a little clarification on that. he has a DHM trailer though (nautique).

want to send them an email too? you'd think it would be worth their time considering this would effect 00-08 MC trailers (if i'm correct).

ttu
12-10-2008, 09:19 PM
will do.

i don't think it would be that hard for them to fabricate the correct mounting plate.:rolleyes:

brucemac
12-11-2008, 12:20 PM
FYI. Here's what I got back from Fulton. Anybody have a guess what it would cost to have a trailer shop weld and replace the new plate?

Bruce

It sounds like you are looking for the new F2 jack, sorry at this time we have no adaptor plate that will make it fit other mounts.

The beast you could do is cut the old one off and weld our mount plate on the side instead.

See attached mount plate.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product/10001/-1/10001/299733/10001/14319/0/0

Thank you

Bill Heindl

Customer Service / Tech Support

1050 Indian Head Dr.

Mosinee Wi. 54455

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2009, 10:27 AM
I have an 04 x30 twin axle trailer, can I find a replacement jack without ordering one??

Sodar
08-27-2009, 10:28 AM
I have an 04 x30 twin axle trailer, can I find a replacement jack without ordering one??

Do they have West Marines in your parts?

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2009, 10:32 AM
Do they have West Marines in your parts?

Yes I do, it quit last night at storage and I had to drive off the hitch. :D Do I need to jack it up and take it with me??

flipper
08-27-2009, 10:37 AM

Yes, start looking:D

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2009, 10:41 AM
Yes, start looking:D

You represent less than no help!!! :mad:

Sodar
08-27-2009, 10:58 AM
Yeah, just jack it up and take it with you. The pattern is a Fulton standard, that I think even the West Marine jacks follow. Take it to confirm the pattern is the same and bolt it on.

TX.X-30 fan
08-27-2009, 11:03 AM
Yeah, just jack it up and take it with you. The pattern is a Fulton standard, that I think even the West Marine jacks follow. Take it to confirm the pattern is the same and bolt it on.

Muchus grassius :D

MariStar-Man
08-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Well, glad I was wakeboarding in the driveway again, as I found that the jack is Binding up and would Not lower.

The bolt pattern is 4" across the top

and 2 13/16" from top bolts to bottom.

I'm gonna call this place tromorrow--->Here<< (http://www.aaarv.net/Camper%20Jacks.htm)

Here is a pic of our Assy and notice the Fine Use of the Word Obsolete...

http://www.aaarv.net/Camper68.gif

MariStar-Man
08-03-2010, 12:40 AM
Well, After reading all the depressing news about finding a New Atwood Jack, I figured I'd take it apart and troubleshoot the problem.

Fortunately, There were only 2 major things wrong. The bracket that holds the handle has spread out beyond square. So i Removed entire Jack and Hammered it straight with 10lb. sledge hammer.

The Second major item was that the threads inside the jack didn't have sufficient grease and made cranking hard and thus the bowed the handle bracket assy., so I Cleaned and used marine grease on all the threads.

There is a Bearing inside the tube and that needs to be cleaned and re-packed...

Easy Peasy, Picaneesy...(Pop from "The Shawshank Redemption")