PDA

View Full Version : swim platform brackets

cbryan70
02-07-2008, 09:51 PM
I know there are numerous threads on this but they talk about the degree angle on the transom for late 80's early 90's boats. does anyone know if the late 70's have the same degree as the late 80's? Is there an angle at all? thanks

TMCNo1
02-07-2008, 10:23 PM
I know there are numerous threads on this but they talk about the degree angle on the transom for late 80's early 90's boats. does anyone know if the late 70's have the same degree as the late 80's? Is there an angle at all? thanks

I am working on it for you. The angle for the late '80's is approximately 8 degrees, but I have asked the CAD designer for OJ Props if he has that angle in his notes in conjunction with the design of the retrofit fold down platform brackets for the older boats.
I will get back with you on this, probably tomorrow one way or the other.

cbryan70
02-07-2008, 10:27 PM
alighty thank you tmc. Im not sure if i will want the fold downs now...funds are tight and this is a low budget project. there is no way i would even think about putting a teak on the boat but the price was perfect just a little modification and getting some brackets to work and i will be set. 8 degrees is the slope tho that is good to know. How perfect would it be fore the "other boat" to have brackets that work. I may even just get a peice of stainless cut to an 8 degree angle and attach it to the other brackets if that is possible to make them work

TMCNo1
02-07-2008, 10:50 PM
alighty thank you tmc. Im not sure if i will want the fold downs now...funds are tight and this is a low budget project. there is no way i would even think about putting a teak on the boat but the price was perfect just a little modification and getting some brackets to work and i will be set. 8 degrees is the slope tho that is good to know. How perfect would it be fore the "other boat" to have brackets that work. I may even just get a peice of stainless cut to an 8 degree angle and attach it to the other brackets if that is possible to make them work

I realize that, but with OJ Props doing this design the angles are necessary today to make the blocks to bolt to the transoms for the brackets to bolt to, so the information you need is/should be available on current projects for people like you, I, and others, rather than going/calling MC and asking everyone up there that was around in the old days and pick their brains as to what was done 30 years ago. Been there, done that! MC has no desire to work on the older boats, most of the early design stuff is on paper drawings, in a file/vault somewhere and their time is spent working on the future designs.

TMCNo1
02-08-2008, 10:49 AM
I am working on it for you. The angle for the late '80's is approximately 8 degrees, but I have asked the CAD designer for OJ Props if he has that angle in his notes in conjunction with the design of the retrofit fold down platform brackets for the older boats.
I will get back with you on this, probably tomorrow one way or the other.

cbryan70,
OK, after contacting a Product Designer @ Mastercraft that has been there since the early 70's, the configuration of the transom changed very little till 1991, so a transom angle of a '79 should be practically the same as a '87 to '90 and it is approximately 8 degrees. Just make sure the piece of teak under the ends of the platform that you move in and the bracket screws to is centered on the platform brackets and that they are approximately 3 1/2" wide, with that width you should be able to absorb any angle variances. That's all I can do!

roddydog
02-10-2008, 03:22 PM
I recently got some new brackets for my 1990 PS190 and the angle was11 degrees. Maybe before that it was 8.

TMCNo1
02-10-2008, 03:49 PM
Our starboard bracket was made @ about 7 degrees and the port one @ about 12 degrees when manufactured, and they are not parallel, but I never noticed the difference till the other day while doing some measuring, yet the platform was mounted to them 19 years ago and it is right with the transom.

dichdoc
02-10-2008, 03:56 PM
I've got brackets for an 84 drawn in CAD let me know I can email them to you. Travis

Covi
02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I'd like removable brackets for my 86' How do where would you suggest I look?

Covi
02-10-2008, 06:09 PM
I'd like to see the cad drawings for the units you all are talking about?

roddydog
02-10-2008, 08:38 PM
I'd like removable brackets for my 86' How do where would you suggest I look?
Alloy Marine in California.

Don't have their site address but I am sure you can find it.

TMCNo1
02-10-2008, 09:45 PM
Alloy Marine in California.

Don't have their site address but I am sure you can find it.

Alloy Marine @ 1-800-892-1770, http://www.alloymarine.com/qrs.shtml

Maristar210
02-11-2008, 10:16 AM
I have made a set of these for my BIL after his teenage son smashed sideways into the lift. If I can help, let me know.

PIC:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/Bracket2.jpg

Maristar210
02-11-2008, 10:17 AM
Finished product..http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/brkt-1.jpg

dichdoc
02-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Who knew it would take me this long to get these postable if I fail just go to this other forum Here: http://www.shopfloortalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14290

These are off an 84 a set was made for a 79 and worked well. They are bolted or lag on not easily removable. Let me know Travis