PDA

View Full Version : New Advice Quick

kjohnson
02-07-2008, 07:04 PM
If I leave a 91 Prostar 190 in the water for 3-4 days, will I get blistering on the bottom? I think it only happened with the older boats.

88 PS190
02-07-2008, 07:09 PM
Wax it well and probably not.

It has little to do with the age of the boat, some do it, others do not

Some get a single small blister, some look like they have chicken pox and mites at the same time.

But normally 3-4 days is not the time frame for this variety of damage.

And this is not just a Mastercraft phenomenon, it occurs across a wide margin of boats, if you don't have good wax, and leave em for weeks at a time you are risking damage, a few days, not so much.

oldriver
02-07-2008, 07:11 PM
very very unlikely,these symptoms will usually only surface after months of leaving in the water and not all boats will suffer this. Have no fear and enjoy having the boat in the water at your fingertips....

Muttley
02-07-2008, 07:29 PM
3 or 4 days?? No. It's leaving it in for 3-4 months in the summer that you may have issues. Most people vacation for 2 weeks at a time with no problems. The only guys I've heard with problems have seasonal campsites or lakefront cabins.

SkiDog
02-07-2008, 07:34 PM
3 or 4 days?? No. It's leaving it in for 3-4 months in the summer that you may have issues. Most people vacation for 2 weeks at a time with no problems. The only guys I've heard with problems have seasonal campsites or lakefront cabins.
Are you kidding me? I leave my boat in salt water 3-4 days! A little scum on it, but waxed, it washes right off! Don't panic guys its a saltwater series!8p

bigmac
02-07-2008, 07:35 PM
Even if it were possible to wax the entire wetted surface of the boat, and even if the majority of the wax weren't worn away within days, I'd be very skeptical that wax provides much, if any, barrier to osmotic blistering.

Having said that, I agree that short periods in the water like three to four days would be highly unlikely to be a problem.

Jim@BAWS
02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
If I leave a 91 Prostar 190 in the water for 3-4 days, will I get blistering on the bottom? I think it only happened with the older boats.

The answer is "NO"

kjohnson
02-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks a lot guys.

flipper
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
My '91 stayed in the water all the time before I bought it. The guy would take it out twice a year to clean it up, and wax it. I have some small blisters, but that's after 12 years in the water. I wouldn't worry at all about a few days.