PDA

View Full Version : Slalom Course Permit - NH

stx22
02-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Anyone ever applied for a slalom course permit in NH? More importantly, anyone do so successfully? I am thinking about pulling the trigger on a portable course, but figure I should get through the red tape first.

André
02-06-2008, 05:35 PM
Will it be a season long installation or you'll drop it each time?
I'm sure buoychaser willl be able to help you.He's in NH too and a very active skier!

On a sidenote,i bought an E Z Slalom Stainless stell mainline last year.
Couldn't be happier with the quality of the product!
Mine stay in place all season long.As a matter it's sitting at the bottom of the lake right now under 10 feet of water...and 30 inches of ice!
Good luck!:)
Welcome to the board!
Took you a while to talk to us...

stx22
02-06-2008, 05:41 PM
I'll have to drop it in each time since you can't moor anything in this state overnight. Thanks, I'll try and track down Buoychaser.

Jerseydave
02-06-2008, 05:53 PM
If it were here in NJ, I would just use it and pull it when finished without a permit. Of course, it depends on what body of water and how "quiet" that area is. Most people aroung here would think it's a bunch of crab traps anyway. :)

stx22
02-06-2008, 05:58 PM
yeah... I just moved back from the dirty Jerz. You can pretty much get away with anything there. Not worth the hassles here - somebody will complain.

coz
02-06-2008, 06:51 PM
.Mine stay in place all season long.As a matter it's sitting at the bottom of the lake right now under 10 feet of water...and 30 inches of ice!
Those poor things :( :D

Jerseydave
02-06-2008, 06:57 PM
yeah... I just moved back from the dirty Jerz. You can pretty much get away with anything there. Not worth the hassles here - somebody will complain.

We're going to try putting in a slider this year...............wish us luck!

JohnE
02-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I know that there are some permits for permanent courses. Ossipee has 2. I've heard that getting a temporary permit for a removable course is much easier. The permanent permit is probably impossible to get nowadays. What lake are you skiing on?

Covi
02-06-2008, 08:15 PM
stx22- Where are you thinking of putting this course? I'm from Sunapee. There's been a course on the lake forever. Never had a permit, could be grandfathered into something, "who knows". I do think there has to be a club involved. Dues paying members.

Flatwaterfooter
02-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Stx 22 PM Has been sent to you

stx22
02-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Covi - If they are granfathered that is another story. I'm pretty close to you, but a MUCH smaller lake. Probably not enough interest for a club, but something to look into.

Muttley
02-07-2008, 11:00 AM
A group of us went through all the BS up here at a lake in Canada. After a couple of months, we finally got our permit and set up the course.

It turns out the locals didn't like the idea. They trashed the course the first night. We fixed it all up just to have them trash it again. After the third night, we finally got the message and gave up. All that red tape for nothing.

before you say anything about standing guard and kicking ***, realize that we were dealing with Natives who would have no problem pulling out a shotgun.

...not trying to scare you. Just relating what we went through. :(

JohnE
02-07-2008, 12:28 PM
Muttley,

Was is the course itself, or the early/ late skiing that bothered them so much?:confused:

Trent 197
02-08-2008, 12:05 PM
For anyone who is interested (BrianM, etc.), I just sent an inquiry to the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries to see what the state law is regarding the mooring of temporary/permanent ski courses...Will keep you informed of the reply.

Trent
Baton Rouge

stx22
02-12-2008, 04:12 PM
Trent,
Not that it applies to me, but I'd be interested to see what you come up with.

BrandonKTM
02-12-2008, 04:28 PM
In Pa we have similar permits. I have been renewing every other year one we got first about 15 years ago. We had similar problems with destruction of buoys etc. and figured it was fishermen. A few well publicized letters about the vandalism in the local paper seemed to embarass whoever was doing it to quit. Our course is permanent and in water from 3' to 8' deep. we only have vertical wires, bungies and buoys and anchors in the bottom. Much more difficult and time consuming to destroy. Buoys are even in right now with about 6" of ice around them, and we lose only 2 or 3. You know if you sunk the course to say 8' or more, you could probably leave it in say over a weekend.