PDA

View Full Version : Photos of New Dimension tower on 197

JerryS
02-06-2008, 01:19 AM
Anyone have any recent pics of the New Dimension Mini-Tower on a late model 197? Just wondering if you can tell the difference between the OEM mini-tower (pre 2008) and the New Dimension tower. ND's site doesn't have a very good photo.

Jerry

hos505
02-06-2008, 01:47 AM
There is a picture of my 03 197 with a new dimension tower on page 88 of the "Glass Waters" thread. I would link you there if I knew how. By the way, the tower fits and looks great.

JerryS
02-06-2008, 02:29 AM
Found it. Here it is.

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=1232&page=88

Did you install it yourself?

Farmer Ted
02-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Anyone have any recent pics of the New Dimension Mini-Tower on a late model 197? Just wondering if you can tell the difference between the OEM mini-tower (pre 2008) and the New Dimension tower. ND's site doesn't have a very good photo.

Jerry

other than the brackets the racks mounton, the racks themselves, and where the tow point is mounted they should be identical

Wayne Hartford, the owner of New Dimension Towers designed the mini tower

JerryS
02-06-2008, 12:42 PM
I'm trying to find a good picture of New Dimensions current oval rack insert. At one point it was pretty plain jane with a simple star and the word Prostar vs. something more elaborate on the factory tower.

I think that is pretty much the only diff. I've got plenty of photos of factory mini-T's. Just wanna compare a current NDT to the factory tower's insert.

Thanks!

Jerry

Sodar
02-06-2008, 01:13 PM
New Dimension Mini-Tower

ZeroFlex Min Tower

New Dimension Rack Baseplate Design

ZeroFlex Rack Baseplate Design

JerryS
02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
This is the boat that confused me. In the ad for this boat, it was described as a New Dimension mini tower. This boat, which was Siemer's, has the more elaborate rack plate - like the factory mini tower.

Thanks Sodar for the pics of yours. I guess I'll just have to call NDT and ask if they've changed the oval graphic recently. Perhaps it really wasnt an NDT on Siemer's boat as stated in the sale ad.

Jerry

Sodar
02-06-2008, 02:58 PM
Siemers is not a New Dimension... unless he changed the baseplate and added "ZeroFlex Flyer" stickers to the tower base.

JerryS
02-06-2008, 03:04 PM
Prostar 197, This gorgeous one of a kind Tournament Team Prostar 197 is perfect for skiing and wakeboarding. This particular boat is numbered 51 of 100 and was originally owned and built specifically for Jimmie Seimers; who is currently a professional water skier. The LQ9 engine offers an astounding 385hp and has a very minimal 297 hours on it. Options on this boat include New Dimension mini-tower with two Clarion speakers, new (2006) double bimini top, tower mirror, MTS Ballast system, stainless steel package, Clarion CD stereo with remote, amp and subwoofer. This boat also features Perfect Pass version 6.5. The boat includes a 2004 single axle trailer with brakes and a Master Craft Tournament Team boat cover. Engine Model: LQ9 Engine type: Inboard Horsepower: 385hp 6.0L Color: Black contact Michael at
animal31@carolina.rr.com

That ad has had me wondering for a long time. :)

I guess if I want the factory look , its gonna cost some serious $$.

Jerry

Sodar
02-06-2008, 03:07 PM
That ad has had me wondering for a long time. :)

I guess if I want the factory look , its gonna cost some serious $$.

Jerry

Before I bought mine, I looked into ordering one from MYMC and it was going to cost a little over $3k with tower, bimini & racks.

JerryS
02-06-2008, 11:24 PM
3K for all that is a smokin price. MYMC has the mini-tower listed for 2350 alone. 685 or so for the bimini. Mini tower board Racks are showing up over 1600.

I had talked to NDT in the fall and they had mentioned to me that they might offer bimini at some point in the near future. Haven't seen it materialize yet.

Jerry

erkoehler
02-06-2008, 11:31 PM
Before I bought mine, I looked into ordering one from MYMC and it was going to cost a little over $3k with tower, bimini & racks.

PRICE INCREASE :)

Farmer Ted
02-06-2008, 11:34 PM
3K for all that is a smokin price. MYMC has the mini-tower listed for 2350 alone. 685 or so for the bimini. Mini tower board Racks are showing up over 1600.

I had talked to NDT in the fall and they had mentioned to me that they might offer bimini at some point in the near future. Haven't seen it materialize yet.

Jerry

wonder what the hold up is? last March Wayne said it should be out by the fall.

something about tooling and the guy being out for the summer

I've seen it in person, very nice product
http://www.needadecal.com/ndtbimini.JPG

Farmer Ted
02-06-2008, 11:37 PM
This is the boat that confused me. In the ad for this boat, it was described as a New Dimension mini tower. This boat, which was Siemer's, has the more elaborate rack plate - like the factory mini tower.

Thanks Sodar for the pics of yours. I guess I'll just have to call NDT and ask if they've changed the oval graphic recently. Perhaps it really wasnt an NDT on Siemer's boat as stated in the sale ad.

Jerry

that's not a NDT, it's a Zero Flex

basically same design, just made by a different company

different plates, racks, and ski tow mounting location

Footin
02-06-2008, 11:39 PM
PRICE INCREASE :)

A likely story.

Sodar
02-07-2008, 10:50 AM

Jerry

Looking back over my quote, I did not get the racks... I was going to wait on those until a little more $$$$ rolled in. Sounds like the prices are right in line with each other.

Sodar
02-07-2008, 10:53 AM
wonder what the hold up is? last March Wayne said it should be out by the fall.

something about tooling and the guy being out for the summer

I've seen it in person, very nice product
http://www.needadecal.com/ndtbimini.JPG

Suprising it has taken so long. It does not look like any revolutionary product... actually looks very similar to the mini-tower bimini. The only difference I see is that it appears the bimini sits further forward. Could just be me though..

Farmer Ted
02-07-2008, 03:07 PM
Suprising it has taken so long. It does not look like any revolutionary product... actually looks very similar to the mini-tower bimini. The only difference I see is that it appears the bimini sits further forward. Could just be me though..

I think the hold up is the tooling that would enable them to mass produce the bimini

the picture is a full tower, not a mini, most bimini's are under the tower, this one is integrated on top like a mini

I like the smaller support bars on the front and back

D3skier
02-07-2008, 05:19 PM

Jerry

HEY THAT'S MY OLD BOAT..... and yes it is a new dimension mini tower

Sodar
02-07-2008, 05:22 PM
HEY THAT'S MY OLD BOAT..... and yes it is a new dimension mini tower

ZeroFlex Tower, you mean?

D3skier
02-07-2008, 05:23 PM
Siemers is not a New Dimension... unless he changed the baseplate and added "ZeroFlex Flyer" stickers to the tower base.

this is a New Dimension and it does have the ZerFlex stickers on it.... if you don't believe me you can contact my dealer...

JerryS
02-07-2008, 05:34 PM
Did you have it installed on the boat after you got it?

Jerry

D3skier
02-07-2008, 05:38 PM
it was on there when I bought the boat in 06

JerryS
02-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Well, I would be psyched if New Dimension is using the same oval insert as MC. I just put in a call to them and they are emailing me a photo of the current insert.

Jerry

Sodar
02-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Well, I would be psyched if New Dimension is using the same oval insert as MC. I just put in a call to them and they are emailing me a photo of the current insert.

Jerry

By law, they cannot use the same peice as MC. Their rack system is different also, so the chances of the baseplate being the same are slim to none.

My guess is that D3's tower was mislabeled at the dealer. Either way, it does not matter.