PDA

View Full Version : 1990 Ps190

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 02:00 PM
i may be in the mc family once again. im trying to find a flightcraft , but if i dont im leaning towards an older mc. i have situation where a ski lake owner is letting me keep a boat up at his lake which happens to be located out of town, but where my other showroom location is. perfect oppurtunity to catch some sets while im up there working. anyhow rather than tow my boat 2 hours each time i go, i want to purchase an inexpensive boat to keep there. i rather get a 91-94 hull but i dont want to spend more than 6-7K.whats your guys experince on the 87-90 hull for slalom on the course? specifically where i spend most my time at 22-28@34..also tracking and weight sensitivity? im looking at 1990 this afternoon. anyhting to look for?

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 02:21 PM
Surely not, are you high on resin from up at the boat factory again?

stuartmcnair
02-05-2008, 02:22 PM
Harold, you not interested in parting with yours?

flipper
02-05-2008, 02:23 PM
I drove a few '90 and they are nice, but would they be that much cheaper than a '91? I liked the '91 quite a bit better myself.

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Harold, you not interested in parting with yours?

No freaking way mine will wind up on the his hands, I'll burn it up first!
I'll make sure a real boat owner gets it!
I just wish I had a $1million Flightcraft for sale!

mayo93prostar
02-05-2008, 02:32 PM
Boy, I wish Harold would tell us how he really feels.

Rod, I would hold out for the flightcraft...

ttu
02-05-2008, 02:33 PM
No freaking way mine will wind up on the his hands, I'll burn it up first!
I'll make sure a real boat owner gets it!
I just wish I had a $1million Flightcraft for sale!

damm harold, don't sugar coat it for us.:D

Sodar
02-05-2008, 02:42 PM
Rodell..... PM me.... I know of a repoed FlightCraft for sale...

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 02:43 PM
damm harold, don't sugar coat it for us.:D

Besides, he couldn't afford it!:D

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 02:52 PM
harold, i guess since i actually use my boat to ski behind im not a " real " boat owner?

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 03:04 PM
harold, i guess since i actually use my boat to ski behind im not a " real " boat owner?

I've experienced your boat ownership over the last 2 years! What is it now, 6 or 7 boats in 2 years?
Nevermind, I just figured it out, you trade when the oil needs changing!

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 03:19 PM
true ive owned many boats.. sold only one because i was unhappy with it. hasnt quite been 6-7 by the way. cant count the three wakecrafts i have , im a dealer for them. what can i say i like to try out different ones out. however im not switching , just adding one to keep up at the lake which is two hours away. dont want to tow a boat each time, and i dont want to spend 30K on a boat ill only use a few times a month.

Jim@BAWS
02-05-2008, 03:26 PM
Just looking !!!!!!

shepherd
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
I had a '90. Pretty good (small) slalom wake, but spray may be an issue at 28 off and shorter...

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 03:28 PM
true ive owned many boats.. sold only one because i was unhappy with it. what can i say i like to try out different ones out. however im not switching , just adding one to keep up at the lake which is two hours away. dont want to tow a boat each time, and i dont want to spend 30K on a boat ill only use a few times a month.

Thanks Rod for the explaination, now I understand, it's all coming together slowly!
Now, back to what I was doing!

Jim@BAWS
02-05-2008, 03:33 PM
Rod,

Flightcraft Hull???
Why do you want one so bad? Thinking of popping a MOLD off that one?
The Flightcraft hull is an INBOARD verison of the OB Flightcraft. I have owned one in the past. THE WORST SLALOM wake out there. It is HUGE like a older CC 2001...maybe even larger. Great BF boat hull but not a SLALOM hull. Maybe that BU designer of yours can get you a old hull. He got the OLD BU hull, maybe he can get you this also

Good Luck in your hunt

Jim@BAWS

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 03:42 PM
actually Jim , get your facts straight. the flightcraft hull was desinged by the same guy as the wakecraft. i think it would be kind of cool to have one to show a bit of history. kind of like you having an old 79 s&s. i dont know what it skis like ive actually never seen one i person.
it seems like Harold and others would rather give me hard time than answer an actual question. so forget i asked..

pilot02
02-05-2008, 03:49 PM
Rod, BrianM is probably your best source for an eval on that hull. He had one of that era.

Jim@BAWS
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM
actually Jim , get your facts straight. the flightcraft hull was desinged by the same guy as the wakecraft. i think it would be kind of cool to have one to show a bit of history. kind of like you having an old 79 s&s. i dont know what it skis like ive actually never seen one i person.
it seems like Harold and others would rather give me hard time than answer an actual question. so forget i asked..

That's why I said what I said

Jim@BAWS

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 04:01 PM

Sorry I got off subject Rod, it all makes perfect sense now.
I'd go Flightcraft all the way, but get the '90 PS 190 because it was state of the art also back in the day, then use the MC a backup in case the FC doesn't work for you.:cool:

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 04:10 PM
Here's a nice one, http://digiads.com.au/boats-watercraft/used-boats/USED-FLIGHTCRAFT-XL-TORNAMENT-BOAT-SKI-BOAT-FOR-SALE-COOMA-NSW-2630.htm

This site has 1000's, http://digiads.com.au/used-FLIGHTCRAFT-for-sale/FLIGHTCRAFT-boatsales.html, let me know if I can help!

cbryan70
02-05-2008, 04:21 PM
ive skied behind an 89...and there isnt much wake to speak of. They spray MAY be an issue tho. i dont ski short line but there is spray

SunCoast 83
02-05-2008, 04:27 PM
Brutal....wow!!

Upper Michigan Prostar190
02-05-2008, 04:49 PM
Bandit Car.

Maristar210
02-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Anyone know what Hoosier bob is drinking while driving his Bandit Car?

03 35th Anniversary
02-05-2008, 05:24 PM
Anyone know what Hoosier bob is drinking while driving his Bandit Car?
Coors Dummy, Didn't you see part 1 :confused:

02-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Coors Dummy, Didn't you see part 1 :confused:
The one with the actual Bandit package TA.

02-05-2008, 05:40 PM
I recommend Rod buys a boat with pink seats, that way he dont have to worry about them turning pink.

and for god's sake Rod, get one with a fresh oil change so you dont have to worry about what kind of oil to put in it. you know what grinds my gears? bad oil. the kind without the zinc phosphate additive.

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 06:12 PM
I recommend Rod buys a boat with pink seats, that way he dont have to worry about them turning pink.

and for god's sake Rod, get one with a fresh oil change so you dont have to worry about what kind of oil to put in it. you know what grinds my gears? bad oil. the kind without the zinc phosphate additive.

What kind of oil did Bandit run in the T/A, 10W40, 20W50, dino or synyetic and did he use Fram or NAPA gold filters, cause if Bandit used it, I'd run it in my boat. Bandit rules!

BrianM
02-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Freeking rough crowd around here. Give the guy a break. He asks for info on a '90 and you bust his balls.

I'll give you a straight answer. The '87 -'90 skis pretty darn good. The wake is small, flat and soft. The boat is weight sensitive as far as keeping it even goes. The only issue with the boat is spray. 34mph 22-28 off you will have very little problem with spray. If you have a good head wind you may start to get some at 28 off. 32 off you will definitey start to get some spray.

Overall they are great skiing boats. If you could find a good running version in the $6-7k I think you would be more than happy with the skiability. That boat will out ski anything of that era and anything in the $10k and under price range. After I added the perfect pass it was a favorite to ski behind at my club.

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 06:25 PM
thanks Brian, thats what i wanted to hear. Im going to look at one in a few hours. i hoping to pick something up in the 6-7 range. the other option is a brendella, however they have alot of wood, and ski just like the 85 s&s. ( wonder why that is):huh:

BrianM
02-05-2008, 06:28 PM
thanks Brian, thats what i wanted to hear. Im going to look at one in a few hours. i hoping to pick something up in the 6-7 range. the other option is a brendella, however they have alot of wood, and ski just like the 85 s&s. ( wonder why that is):huh: The '90 will be a much better skiing boat than the older S&S. I know I have owned them both. I wouldn't touch a Brendella of that era simply because of the wood factor.

kpickett
02-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Hey Rod,

Where's the lake? Chico area? Let me know - we could connect and ski some time.

Kyle

02-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Hey Rod,

Kyle
you mean you actually want to meet Rod?

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Hey Rod,

Kyle

yep its in chico, great set up . the owner built a new dock. letting me use the other dock with a lift.

just got back from checking out the boat. looks real good for its age. the teal color was a bit too much , otherwise checked out. i'll probably make him an offer in the next few days.

kpickett
02-05-2008, 08:55 PM
Which lake is it? Is it the dentist's lake off 32 with the catfish sculpture? Pingatores?

kpickett
02-05-2008, 08:56 PM
I'm in Chico every Wednesday this spring, and I'll be down a bunch of other days in April/May.

rodltg2
02-05-2008, 08:57 PM
no its an older lake . been there 14 years. out off river rd. i go up every wednesday too. i also ski at a lake in Orland. should be some good skiing this year in Chico. Apparanlety Marcus and Terry train there often. maybe score some lessons!

02-05-2008, 08:58 PM
I would knock off at least $50 for the teal color, I mean who can have that?

kpickett
02-05-2008, 09:09 PM
no its an older lake . been there 14 years. out off river rd. i go up every wednesday too. i also ski at a lake in Orland. should be some good skiing this year in Chico. Apparanlety Marcus and Terry train there often. maybe score some lessons!

Great - let's connect up when the weather gets a bit better. I haven't skied since October, and I'm starting to miss it. I've talked to Marcus about taking a few lessons - ran into him at Pluto's. I think he'll be around in April.

That lake on River Road is right near the Pingatores', I think.

stuartmcnair
02-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I would knock off at least $50 for the teal color, I mean who can have that?

now that is just wrong.... ;)

Jim@BAWS
02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
now that is just wrong.... ;)

It's not TEAL...the color is "GUMBY" "GUMBY AND MAYO"

Jim@BAWS

Cypress Gardens used White and Teal in 1988 Good Color combo
Also Gray and Teal looks pretty cool

shepherd
02-06-2008, 12:41 PM
Why do you girls care what color your boat is?

sk8salomon
02-06-2008, 01:30 PM
[QUOTE=rodltg2].whats your guys experince on the 87-90 hull for slalom on the course? specifically where i spend most my time at 22-28@34..also tracking and weight sensitivity?QUOTE]

the biggest problem i had as a skier was of course speed control. even with a decent driver, way too much slack at the ball compared to todays boats with cruise. as far as wakes, there is a little spray 15&22 but nothing that would hurt you too bad. biggest problem i had as a driver was tracking. although those boats turn on a dime, they still get pulled around a bit by "healthier" skiers. i am a 36mph skier tho so may be even a little more tracking issue and wake bump. great boats to learn on but i would retrofit cruise control for sure!