PDA

View Full Version : Slower than hell

Maristar210
02-04-2008, 10:49 PM
I am a member of no less than six V Bulletin forums and this one is by far the slowest. I find myself clicking and saying "I don't want to see it that bad" once a day.

The server crashes, the server is slow....

Wonder why I don't visit very often????

Click and HIDE?????

SkiDog
02-05-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm with you there Steveo. This is THE SLOWEST forum on the net! Hell, I even bought a new computer thinking that was the frikkin problem. i spend half my days...........waiting!

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 10:36 AM
Last night, I was talking to Skidog on the phone and the site went down for both of us for about a hour around 7:30pm. Since the last site update we had about 6 months of uninterupted access, now it is staring to go dead for varying periods of time a couple/three times a week or more. Also, the site slows down to the point on occasion, to the point it takes 5 minutes for a post to go through after submit and show up, creating doubles posts for some. I guess the Information Superhighway to Team Talk has potholes!

SkiDog
02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Last night, I was talking to Skidog on the phone and the site went down for both of us for about a hour around 7:30pm. Since the last site update we had about 6 months of uninterupted access, now it is staring to go dead for varying periods of time a couple/three times a week. I guess the Information Superhighway to Team Talk has potholes!
As well as some HUGE speedbumps!

flipper
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Slow yes, but at least it's worth the wait.

bigmac
02-05-2008, 11:35 AM
I participate in several online discussion forums, am an administrator on a few, and I own two myself. Content on TMC is good, moderation is pretty good, but this site is indeed technologically impaired (relative to performance) and does not receive much in the way of admin attention. For example, I note that this is vBulletin version 3.5.4., the current version is 3.6.2, features and security patches.

I don't log on here as much as I used to, primarily because the wait between pages is often long enough that I just think "pi$$ on it", log off and go on to the next site. It is free, but I would (and do) pay to subscribe to forums that perform better.

Ric
02-05-2008, 11:53 AM
I participate in several online discussion forums, am an administrator on a few, and I own two myself. Content on TMC is good, moderation is pretty good, but this site is indeed technologically impaired (relative to performance) and does not receive much in the way of admin attention. For example, I note that this is vBulletin version 3.5.4., the current version is 3.6.2, features and security patches.

I don't log on here as much as I used to, primarily because the wait between pages is often long enough that I just think "pi$$ on it", log off and go on to the next site. It is free, but I would (and do) pay to subscribe to forums that perform better. and here all this time, I thought it was something I had said......

Monte
02-05-2008, 12:08 PM
and here all this time, I thought it was something I had said......

If it will make you feel any better that's the reason for my lack of posts:D :rolleyes: :uglyhamme

Ric
02-05-2008, 12:09 PM
If it will make you feel any better that's the reason for my lack of posts:D :rolleyes: :uglyhamme Good !

SkiDog
02-05-2008, 12:10 PM

I don't log on here as much as I used to, primarily because the wait between pages is often long enough that I just think "pi$$ on it", log off and go on to the next site. It is free, but I would (and do) pay to subscribe to forums that perform better.

So I think you're saying that TT could upgrade and have a better, faster site?!

SkiDog
02-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Good !
Mine too! Now back to the 'Dark Side'!:D

bigmac
02-05-2008, 12:14 PM
So I think you're saying that TT could upgrade and have a better, faster site?!Because the performance complaints come from all across the country, I suspect the performance problems are related to bandwidth and server load, not software. A site with inadequate bandwidth and inadequate servers will run slower, with frequent lag, slow page loads, etc.

Ric
02-05-2008, 12:16 PM
Mine too! Now back to the 'Dark Side'!:D for some pig latin!