PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Sun block question

TheOneandOnly
02-04-2008, 05:28 PM
This may seem like a dumb question, we just purchased a new 08 x2. In the owners manual it states sun tan lotion will stain and will not come out of the vinyl. What type of sun block lotion can be used on kids and adults that will not stain or cause a color issue on the vinyl?
thx.

flipper
02-04-2008, 05:36 PM
The only thing I can think of is just keep something like 303 on the vinyl to protect from stains.

H20skeefreek
02-04-2008, 06:33 PM
You could get some of those clear vinyl covers that my grandma used to keep on all of her furniture.....or buy a boat made in 1985 and not worry so much. :)

WESSTAR
02-04-2008, 06:54 PM
I use that 303 cleaner and then the vinyl protector/conditioner on our vinyl and no stains yet.

TheOneandOnly
02-04-2008, 08:02 PM
has anyone got a stain from using sun block lotion (white stuff)? Are they (MC) referring to tanning oil, not white sun block?

TMCNo1
02-04-2008, 08:22 PM
You could get some of those clear vinyl covers that my grandma used to keep on all of her furniture.....or buy a boat made in 1985 and not worry so much. :)

I've had several skin cancers removed the last few years and my Dermatologist recommended Bull Frog SPF36 Quik Gel Sunblock (it's clear, quick dry, alcohol based) and have never had any trouble with it spotting the vinyl on the '89. I only apply Armor All or 303 to the interior every Spring and that's been nearly 19 years, but clean with Babe's Seat Soap before protectant application.

TheOneandOnly
02-04-2008, 09:05 PM
Ill have to look into that TMCno1 thanks

stuartmcnair
02-04-2008, 11:03 PM
Harold has only had his boat on the water twice since 89 for photoshoots.

TMCNo1
02-04-2008, 11:15 PM
Harold has only had his boat on the water twice since 89 for photoshoots.

Please consider joining us at CSM '08, no excuses!

stuartmcnair
02-05-2008, 12:46 PM
I would love to...but unless you can move it closer to Alabama I doubt I can make it. We have some friends that just recently moved from NC or we would have planned a trip.

I want to come just to take detailed photos of your setup as over the next few years I plan on making mine into something similar since my wife will not let me buy a new one.

At least she doesn't mind me spending money on parts for it.

Monte
02-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I would love to...but unless you can move it closer to Alabama I doubt I can make it. We have some friends that just recently moved from NC or we would have planned a trip.

I want to come just to take detailed photos of your setup as over the next few years I plan on making mine into something similar since my wife will not let me buy a new one.

At least she doesn't mind me spending money on parts for it.

TBH you hav to see it in person.. The picture don't do it justice.. BTW mapquest ?, Alabama to Belmont, NC.. Can't be more than 6hrs;)

TMCNo1
02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
TBH you hav to see it in person.. The picture don't do it justice.. BTW mapquest ?, Alabama to Belmont, NC.. Can't be more than 6hrs;)

From Birmingham Alabama, it's 6 hours and 40 minutes, chicken feed travel time for us photoshoot boats!:rolleyes:

Roonie's
02-05-2008, 04:44 PM
We use white suntan lotion and have not had a problem yet 07 X2. We did have some bad staining happen with some sort of bird crap. The bird must have been eating some serious berries because the stuff refused to come out of the vinyl. The bird also hit almost every seat in the boat. Finally got it out with some overnight hydrogen peroxide applications under saran wrap to keep it moist. Had to have one skin replaced.