PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Climbing Summit Pics

russlars
02-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Do we have any fellow mountain climbers in this forum? If so, I would be interested in hearing about your adventures and hopefully see a few summit pics or any other pics showing off your adventures in the mountains. Here are a couple of my adventures.
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. November 2005

russlars
02-04-2008, 11:32 AM
And Mount Rainier, Washington. July 2007

Datdude
02-04-2008, 11:57 AM
I climbed Mount Everest back in 1998, but can't find the pictures;)

Congrats on the summits!:cool:

Roonie's
02-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Yes, at one point in my life I was an avid mtn climber. I have done Rainier 5 times, Hood, Shuksan, Athabasca and numerous smaller peaks both rock and alpine ascents. My desire to climb left after some close calls. However, I am considering doing Rainier again this summer possibly as I have been offered a chance to climb with some of the Everest greats in a charity climb for the heart (work related).

One of my previous Rainier climbs was also for a last wish of a lung cancer patient. He wanted to see if he could climb Rainier. He made a valient effort and we got him to base camp but he couldn't go on. He died several months later from lung cancer.

#47of100TeamMC
02-04-2008, 01:01 PM
Do we have any fellow mountain climbers in this forum? If so, I would be interested in hearing about your adventures and hopefully see a few summit pics or any other pics showing off your adventures in the mountains. Here are a couple of my adventures.
Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania. November 2005

You gotta feel good about summiting a mountain named "Kil i Man" Nice work!

andrewtimko
02-04-2008, 01:25 PM
I used to do a little sport climbing. Just moved to NC, and have an awesome gym about a block from my house. Now there are no more excuses to get out there more often.

russlars
02-04-2008, 02:43 PM
I climbed Mount Everest back in 1998, but can't find the pictures;)

Congrats on the summits!:cool:
Tell us more about your Everest climb. What route, when and with whom? Would also love to see some pics if you can locate them. I can't imagine that you would lose something like that! My dream trip is to trek in the Himalaya and visit base camp. I'm not sure I have what it takes to summit Everest

shepherd
02-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Tell us more about your Everest climb. What route, when and with whom? Would also love to see some pics if you can locate them. I can't imagine that you would lose something like that! My dream trip is to trek in the Himalaya and visit base camp. I'm not sure I have what it takes to summit Everest

He gave you a winky face smilie. ;)

shepherd
02-04-2008, 02:55 PM
And Mount Rainier, Washington. July 2007

Hey, you're not at the top! I see ground rising to the left! :D

just kidding. Congrats. It must be an awesome feeling. But after seeing what those guys go through trying to climb Everest... no thank you. :cool:

russlars
02-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Yes, at one point in my life I was an avid mtn climber. I have done Rainier 5 times, Hood, Shuksan, Athabasca and numerous smaller peaks both rock and alpine ascents. My desire to climb left after some close calls. However, I am considering doing Rainier again this summer possibly as I have been offered a chance to climb with some of the Everest greats in a charity climb for the heart (work related).

One of my previous Rainier climbs was also for a last wish of a lung cancer patient. He wanted to see if he could climb Rainier. He made a valient effort and we got him to base camp but he couldn't go on. He died several months later from lung cancer.
Tell me more about your Rainier Charity climb this summer. It is open to other participants? I would love to climb it again. I am planning on climbing Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams this summer. I would also be interested in your experiences on Hood.