PDA

View Full Version : Pro X ballast question/ need help

Ole Miss Rebels
02-02-2008, 10:13 PM
my new 08 XStar is at the dealership getting the bugs worked out of the Prox ballast system he installed. he is having a lot of difficulty getting the black box timers to hold their programmed timed needed for complete filling and emptying of bags.

does anyone on the board have a 2008 XStar with the fly high pro X system installed. my dealer is at the end of his ideas on how to get the system programmed to run long enough and STAY programmed. it will fill the bags then won't empty them. then the lights start flashing on the ballast switch knobs and he has to re-program the black boxes all over again. it could have something to do with the new system that tells when the system is empty and shuts off automatically or it could be shutting off because the timer boxes will not hold their programmed time necessary for the filling and emptying of the sacks. the dealer has been in contact with fly high, jabsco and mastercraft and they are out of ideas. if anyone has any experience with this system on the new 2008 boats please respond as it is holding up the delivery of my boat. i want the system and don't want the dealer to pull it out and send the boat without the system. thanks in advance.

Jerseydave
02-02-2008, 10:25 PM
If you get no help here, try www.wakeworld.com

Everyone there talks wakeboarding, and there are alot of X-star owners on there. Good luck, hope you get it solved.

(to me, the easiest solution sounds like removal of all pump timing devises and go back to the manual way, turn pumps off when no more water is coming out) :)

Holman J.B.F
02-03-2008, 01:55 PM
i thought the 08 did not had those timers anymore?
I hope not!! just installed some extra bags but i did not had time to test it.Maybe next saturday.I guess with only 3 pumps the sytem is very slow.

Ole Miss Rebels
02-03-2008, 02:01 PM
the 08has programmable timers. they can be programmed up to 20 minutes. my dealer says that the rear bags can be filled in 9 minutes with the stock pumps. they push a lot of water. the problem is the pumps will not stay on long enough even after they have been programmed. they lose their program after one fill or one emptying. seperately, my system is losing it's prime and the "smart" pumps will cut off once it senses a drop in amperage.good luck with your system. is the the Fly High Pro X system or is it a system you engineered yourself?

Holman J.B.F
02-03-2008, 03:07 PM
OMR
it is a self made system,.i connected 4 Jobe Baby blocks with pvc pipe and connected the inlet to the vent hose of the stock tanks.
In my case the advantage is that they are only 31cm high so i can lay 2 lpg bottles on top of them.In total the extra weight in the rear compartments are 220 kilo on each side. +/- 320 in the blocks and 160kg from the lpg tanks.(total of 1058 on top of stock)

there is a 4th block underneath the backseats.
I haven,t figured out how to connect the front bags,since it are those old launch pad bags...they have only 2 vents..and both on top.

i think i just have to buy those fly high front sacks..i thought maybe those CC210 team bags fit nicely,i don,t know if you can buy the front bags from a pro series x star seperatly.I can,t use the rear bags.

do you know how to program the timers?
It,s got to work,...i,m the kind of person that won,t go to work unless it works!!! haha ;)

Holman J.B.F
02-03-2008, 03:19 PM
resized the pics

http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/blocks.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/rear1.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/rear3.jpg
http://members.chello.nl/j.holman/front%20sack.jpg

Ole Miss Rebels
02-03-2008, 05:43 PM
for the ballast pump you want to program: flip the switch to fill then to empty back. and forth five (5) times. when you do this the tip of the toggle switch will blink. then, just flip the switch to fill and back to off and that adds thirty (30) seconds to the run time. continue flipping to fill and back for each additional 30 seconds you wish to add to the run time. this is what i was told. i believe it to be correct unless i misunderstood their instructions. this is for a 2008 xstar with the new black boxes my understanding is that the first batch of 2008 xstars that came out had the old black boxes in them. i don't know how to differentiate between the two models of black boxes. you will have to try it on your boat to see if you have the new black boxes that supposedly weren't put on the boats until after Nov. 15, 2007. i hope this info is correct but this is what i was told. i have no way to verify it since i don't have my new boat yet. good luck.

Holman J.B.F
02-03-2008, 07:06 PM
in that case mine is still a 07.
have they tried this one?

Step 1.
Disconnect the Ballast Control Box (port rear comparment X2) from the battery.

Step 2.
Re-connect the Ballast Control Box to the battery. You NOW have only 30 seconds to do the following.

Step 3.
Select: FILL OFF FILL to get into programming mode.
Then each time you select FILL you add 5 seconds of FILL time
Each time you select EMTY you subtract fill time.

Step 4.
Return switch to off position then leave it alone for a few minutes.

CottagerGreg
02-03-2008, 11:42 PM
holman-- Just try sourcing the sacs for the front from your local fly-high dealer..

1boarder
02-04-2008, 09:39 PM
Well this thread just broke my heart. I tried to adjust my timers and I couldn't using the 2008 procedure stated above. My boat was made in November, so I might just have the 2007 timers. I got a fly high ballast addition ready to go and now I may have to replace the timers. I definately am not happy being I was told my boat timers would allow me to fill for 20 minutes and now they may not.

Can anyone confirm the procedure above is correct. Anyone know how to tell the difference between the 2007 timers and the new and improved 2008 version.

Eagle Lake Rebel
02-04-2008, 10:10 PM
:confused: 1boarder welcome to Ole Miss Rebels world. You would think a system as $$ as the Fly High unit is that they would have the system down pat for the various model years. Thought about adding the system to my boat but don't need the PITA part of sorting the system out. If the timers can be reset by turning the 12v supply to them off/on that might be the easiest way out when the pumps time out. I would like to think someone has the fix for this problem. Good luck.

Holman J.B.F
02-09-2008, 05:02 PM
i tried my ballast system,...same problem.
i,m able to fill the extra ballast but it would not drain completely.

Maybe a valve (return) on the back of the rear compartments sacks and T it into fill hose from the hard tank might do the trick.
i,ll let you know.

1boarder
02-10-2008, 11:53 AM
by the way, my boat was checked out at the factory on nov 6th and it does have the 2008 timers. I haven't filled them, but I did manage to reprogram them. I got the front sac of the fly high added yesterday and plan on doing the back today.