PDA

View Full Version : another Ford Recall!

milkmania
02-02-2008, 05:50 PM
see what happens when you use band-aids:rolleyes:

Ford Recalls 225,000 Vehicles

Recall Stems From Cruise Control Switch Problem

POSTED: 1:52 pm CST February 2, 2008

DEARBORN, Mich. -- Ford said it's recalling about 225,000 vehicles that were already repaired as part of an earlier recall to address concerns about a cruise control deactivation switch.
Ford said the affected vehicles represent a small portion of the about 10 million vehicles that have been recalled since 1999 related to the cruise control switch problem.
The automaker said it plans to notify the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration next week about the latest recall.
The new recall was reported Saturday by The Detroit News.
Ford dealt with cruise control switch problem by installing new wiring harnesses in the recalled vehicles. Now, the automaker said some of those wiring harnesses appear to be defective.

TMCNo1
02-02-2008, 07:58 PM
What's new about this crap. They sent us a fargging letter telling us to bring in Lynn's Exploder to repair the cruise control in late October, '07, but disconnected and taped it up till they got the parts in late November or early December. Called just before Christmas and they said, the middle of Janurary and FOMOCO would notify us when the parts were available to repair. Called last week and now they say early APRIL, that will make six months disconnected this time. It was disconnected 3 weeks after we bought the sob Jan. 1, 1999 for 6 weeks!

G-man
02-02-2008, 09:16 PM
Be careful there TMC#uno we know a family that almost lost their house. Unfortunatly it didn't burn to the ground. Their cloths were cleaned by a company the insurance company uses and for $35,000, they donated everything because it still smelled like smoke, when their rent home sold that the had been put up in they were at a hotel eating room serice for 3 months. This guys wife wanted to get another Ford that night and the Fire Chief told her she was stupid saying that after a Ford just burned her house.

TMCNo1
02-02-2008, 10:11 PM
Be careful there TMC#uno we know a family that almost lost their house. Unfortunatly it didn't burn to the ground. Their cloths were cleaned by a company the insurance company uses and for $35,000, they donated everything because it still smelled like smoke, when their rent home sold that the had been put up in they were at a hotel eating room serice for 3 months. This guys wife wanted to get another Ford that night and the Fire Chief told her she was stupid saying that after a Ford just burned her house.

What's good about all this right now, is the cruise control is disconnected from the electrical system so it shouldn't be a problem, till FOMOCO announces something else will burn it up!
I just wish they had designing and finished building these things before they sold them. We went to the moon and back 30 years ago, but a cruise control system like what is in most every car built today can't be designed and built to work properly for these vehicles, like all the other cruise systems they build. No wonder people are buying foreign these days and companies like Ford is losing market share.
Rant over!

G-man
02-03-2008, 04:23 PM
Buy Chevy

I have not missed having my Powerstroke

bigmac
02-03-2008, 05:44 PM
We went to the moon and back 30 years ago, but a cruise control system like what is in most every car built today can't be designed and built to work properly for these vehicles, like all the other cruise systems they build.

The difference is that NASA's approach was reliability at any cost...automobile mfgrs, OTOH, are looking for the best cheap way to do it.

TMCNo1
02-03-2008, 06:12 PM
The difference is that NASA's approach was reliability at any cost...automobile mfgrs, OTOH, are looking for the best cheap way to do it.

You got that right and we will probably follow their lead and go Kia or something cheap and get our moneys worth nexrt time!

76S&S
02-04-2008, 10:51 AM
I just received a recall on my Powerstroke for the camshaft position sensor.

This after I spent $100 towing and another $350 for repairs when the CPS went out on my truck in the middle of the interstate during rush hour.

dog paw
02-04-2008, 12:24 PM

This after I spent $100 towing and another $350 for repairs when the CPS went out on my truck in the middle of the interstate during rush hour.

Got one on mine last week:) About 90k on mine without a hiccup...

I'm gonna try to get a bud to get me the sensor. It would have to be a do or die before I would let a stranger put a wrench on it...

tommcat
02-05-2008, 08:21 AM

you will be reimbursed for any previous repairs along with the updated CMP sensor being installed.

76S&S
02-05-2008, 10:58 AM
you will be reimbursed for any previous repairs along with the updated CMP sensor being installed.

I hope so..........

The thing with this part is that you are just driving down the road and everything seems fine and then the motor just dies. It never misses sputs or anything...........you go from full power to no power.:mad:

tommcat
02-06-2008, 08:36 AM
its not a new concern. i've replaced hundreds of them over the years. ford just finally got pressured into doing something about it

tommcat
02-25-2008, 04:13 PM
just a note on the cruise control recall, we just got parts in and are doing them under a new recall number 08S01. now we're replacing the old recall harness with another recall harness and replacing the switch.

we've officially recalled a recall

TMCNo1
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
I just wish they'd fix it right one time, still waiting to get the cruise fixed!

tommcat
02-25-2008, 05:05 PM
I just wish they'd fix it right one time, still waiting to get the cruise fixed!
I wish they'd build them right the first time. they pay us about 4 bucks to do them

flipper
02-25-2008, 05:21 PM
The Ford dealer near us has the right idea. They sell Fords, and they also have a towing company....to tow them back.

tommcat
02-25-2008, 05:40 PM
The Ford dealer near us has the right idea. They sell Fords, and they also have a towing company....to tow them back.
is the tow truck a ford? if it's a 6.0 powerstroke i hope they have a backup

milkmania
02-25-2008, 05:42 PM

now that ain't no fecal matter!

flipper
02-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Most of them are....they have a bunch.:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme