PDA

View Full Version : The Original direct drive X-Star (96-97?)

erikjernberg
02-02-2008, 01:57 AM
The original X-Star, based on a direct drive Prostar 205 remains one of my favorite boats of all time, and I would not rule out owning one if one were to become available at the right time. Every once in awhile I 'look'. This was the one that Shapiro promoted, and had an extended pylon and not a tower. If I were to buy one, this is what I would want.

Does anyone know how many different colors it came in, and perhaps numbers on how many were made? am I even correct about that timeframe too? I seem to remember 97 being the big debut for it because I rode behind one at a Pro/Am expo and was just blown away. If I remember correctly, it was available in red, blue and the more common conniston/pine green. If is there a repository of photos anywhere, could someone possibly point me to it? They are exceedingly hard to find for some reason. Or maybe I am just bad at the internetweb search today.

Even better, if you have photos of your 1st gen X-Star, I'd really appreciate that too! You lucky bastards!

Here's one... although with a tower. I'd want mine without a tower and handle that myself:
http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/TSB020

Thank you,
Erik

coz
02-02-2008, 08:43 AM
The original X-Star, based on a direct drive Prostar 205 remains one of my favorite boats of all time, and I would not rule out owning one if one were to become available at the right time. Every once in awhile I 'look'. This was the one that Shapiro promoted, and had an extended pylon and not a tower. If I were to buy one, this is what I would want.

Does anyone know how many different colors it came in, and perhaps numbers on how many were made? am I even correct about that timeframe too? I seem to remember 97 being the big debut for it because I rode behind one at a Pro/Am expo and was just blown away. If I remember correctly, it was available in red, blue and the more common conniston/pine green. If is there a repository of photos anywhere, could someone possibly point me to it? They are exceedingly hard to find for some reason. Or maybe I am just bad at the internetweb search today.

Even better, if you have photos of your 1st gen X-Star, I'd really appreciate that too! You lucky bastards!

Here's one... although with a tower. I'd want mine without a tower and handle that myself:
http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/TSB020

Thank you,
Erik

Check this link out it should give you everything you need to know.
http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=20362&d=1175286650
:D

JohnE
02-02-2008, 09:11 AM
So looking at the chart from C36, the only year the X-
star was a DD was 98.

Just curious as to why you want the DD version?

ShamrockIV
02-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Cause DD's rule!!!!!!!!!!

JohnE
02-02-2008, 09:30 AM

I don't argue that, but if looking for an X-Star, I would think the V-Drive is more desirable.

coz
02-02-2008, 09:58 AM

Well put, and let me ad this, nothing like the original that started it all! :D

ShamrockIV
02-02-2008, 10:16 AM
I know we all have our preferences. I was born into dd boats. i just do not think i would like climbing over that big pad/engine cover to get to the water. Just my preference!! Like boxers or briefs u know. lol

SouthWaker
02-02-2008, 10:26 AM
Jernberg, I see you post alot over at wakeworld and wakeboarder. Are you getting rid of your SS?

erikjernberg
02-02-2008, 04:41 PM
Jernberg, I see you post alot over at wakeworld and wakeboarder. Are you getting rid of your SS?

No. Nope. Just really like that iteration of the X-Star.

No plans to sell the SAN at the moment.