PDA

View Full Version : New MC Owner

ETC
02-02-2008, 12:45 AM
Thanks for all of the great information shared on this site. I have learned a ton and have recently purchased '03 Maristar. It's killing me to have only spent about 10 minutes on the water with it before winterizing.

I am going to update the XMD1 and have purchased a CMD4A (lots of threads on swapping out the XMD1). What I can't find is will this headunit fit properly in the one vacated by the XMD1 or is a plate needed. Wouldn't mind as much but there is not a parts place for about an hour when it comes time for the install. Also would it make sense to throw in an amp and sub at the same time? I plan on leaving the other speakers stock for now. If so any thougths on best sub location in the Maristar.

Thanks
Eric

tr6coug
02-02-2008, 12:59 AM
Also would it make sense to throw in an amp and sub at the same time?

Absolutely! An amp and sub is the best thing you can do for your sound system.

Congrats on the Maristar:D

east tx skier
02-02-2008, 01:59 AM
Welcome. Nice looking boat!

TMCNo1
02-02-2008, 07:45 AM
Welcome to Team Talk.

Jerseydave
02-02-2008, 09:22 AM
Welcome, ETC! Nice looking Maristar (210 or 230?)

I had a 2003 Maristar 230 (MCX powered) and loved it! I believe my sub was mounted under the seat behind the driver, good place for it. Mine had the factory tower (new dimension) which looked really good on that boat. If you're into wakeboarding you may want to add a tower to yours. 4 fatsacs will give you an awesome wake for boarding too. (2-400# in rear lockers, sac in ski locker and one in walkway)

Anyway, welcome to Mastercraft! (We need more pics)

ETC
02-02-2008, 10:06 AM
Thanks for the welcome. NJskier great looking Maristar love the new dimension tower w/top. Mine is a 210 that somebody had put 57 hours on so hopefully there's plenty there for and my family. I wonder if my bimini will eventually interfere with my tower decision. I have a two year old so the bimini was a requirement but I bought the boat from a non MC dealer and they might have put too tall of a bimini on (of course it could be that I don't know what I am talking about).

Any other info in the stereo swap would also be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Eric

trickskier
02-02-2008, 10:12 AM
Welcome ETC....................Nice looking MariStar!!! 31239

ShamrockIV
02-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Welcome!!! you will find a TON of usefull info on here!!! not much from me though!!

WTRSK1R
02-02-2008, 10:14 AM
Welcome. Nice looking boat, but I have to agree from your one photo that the bimini they put on is a bit too tall because of where they attached it. The windshield frame is an ok place to attach, but the length of those arms were intented to go all the way down to the fiberglass. They have basically made it 6-10 inches too tall by mounting it on the windshield frame. If you open the bimini and stand under it, do you have excessive head room? If not, then maybe you want to leave it as is. If you do, you could easily drill out the pop rivit holding the attachment on the end of the bimini arm, and cut the arm down to shorten it. Then reattach the end cap and re pop rivit with a stainless or aluminum rivet.

Steve

Doug G
02-02-2008, 11:06 AM
Nice boat and welcome. In my X-30 the sub is under the seat behind the driver and facing out towards the drivers seat.

Lennyp04
02-02-2008, 11:10 AM
Welcome to the family! Congrats on the beautiful boat! If you need any help either with the boat or this site feel free to ask me or just about anybody on this site... I'll use my best 16 year old knowledge to help you!

Welcome!!

ETC
02-02-2008, 11:13 AM
Steve like your idea and I am sure your right. I haven't had a chance to stand under it. They put it on after I purchased it and it's been taken to storage and is 4hrs away. I will check. Not sure I am the right guy to execute on what you said but I do think that's what will have to happen. There is a MC dealer close to the boat do most do that type of 'general' work? Thanks.

Eric

Maristar210
02-02-2008, 01:06 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/Steves389/mc-1.jpg

Welcome aboard, nice boat ;)

ETC
02-02-2008, 05:10 PM
Thanks Maristar 210 love that solid red hull very nice.

Plymouth Family Guy
02-02-2008, 06:04 PM
ETC,

Very nice looking boat. I have a 2002 210 VRS. It is in storage right now but if I remember correctly, my amp is under the glove box on the port side across from where the fire extinguisher is located. When you pull open the passenger seat, the amp is on the right side as you look forward toward the bow. I believe the sub on my boat is under the dashboard by where you put your feet when you are driving.

I agree with WTRSK1R that your bimini looks too tall. My bimini is shorter than that. I have too duck a little bit under the bimini to walk from the back of the boat to the bow (I'm a little over 6 feet tall).

Congrats on the new boat.

Plymouth Family Guy