PDA

View Full Version : New to MC, new to forum

Insanity199
02-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Well, it isn't official yet but I put down a deposit on an 07 XStar demo with 66 hours. It's being sold with all the warranties and almost completely loaded. I feel that I got a heck of a price and even a great value on my Surpa trade after the negotiated price.

We are very excited about the whole thing and can't wait for the deal to close in a few weeks and for summer to arrive.

Just thought that I would share and say hey to a new family of owners. I expect I will be around here a lot in the future.

The real name is Dave, btw. :)

One favor to ask of everyone here. We haven't seen the boat in person yet however it does have a couple hyperlite stickers on it as you will see in the pictures. Our original thought is to lose them but I wouldn't mind hearing others options.

Details and link to some pics:
2007 XStar with: Midnite Black, Viper Red,
Indmar L18 450Hp Engine,
66 hrs,
Black Snap Covers,
Black Bimini Top,
Tower Mirror,
2 Tower Speakers W/ Forward Light's,
Sirius Satellite Radio,
Heater,
Heated Seat's,
Front Boarding Ladder,
Auto Fire Extinguisher,
Teak Deck.
Tandem Axle MasterCraft Trailer.
Perfect Pass,
Depth Finder,
Air/Water Temp,
Clarion CD/Stereo,
JL Audio Component Speakers,
JL Audio 10 Subwoofer,
JL Audio Amplifiers,
Drivers I-pod Connection,
Drivers Stereo Remote,
Tower,
Swivel Board Racks
Lifetime transferable on the hull
3 years on the drive train
1 yr bumper to bumper
Fly-High PWT Ballast system installed

http://nesfeder.no-ip.org/Public/XStar/

captain planet
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Sweet boat. Welcome aboard. :wavey:

east tx skier
02-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Welcome to the forum!

icewake
02-01-2008, 03:55 PM
congrats on the hopefully new boat. it looks like you might have a nice one. about the stickers.........im not sure it just depends on where they are and how tacky it makes it look

Insanity199
02-01-2008, 04:01 PM
So far, we don't think we like them. You can see them in this picture however since we haven't seen it in person, we hesitate to remove them until then.

http://nesfeder.no-ip.org/Public/XStar/89899871_1.jpg

Thanks for the welcomes.

ridesdirt
02-01-2008, 04:14 PM
That is a nice boat, I have seen it.

The stickers look better in person. I would like to see it in the water.
Stickers always look better when the boat is in the water.

You going to put it in a local lake?

weskix4
02-01-2008, 04:19 PM
Boat looks great...congrats. I'd say keep the stickers for a while, you can always take them off later. Of course I guess it depends on if you ride Hyperlite. All our old stuff is Hyperlite and the new stuff is LF...so at our house they'd have to go.:D Enjoy the new ride!!!

TMCNo1
02-01-2008, 05:17 PM
Welcome to Debate Central!

chudson
02-01-2008, 05:38 PM
Welcome and congratulations !!!

JohnE
02-01-2008, 05:45 PM
Dave,

Welcome, and congrats on the X-Star. I'd lose the graphics, but as weskix said, you can remove them anytime. If you are unsure, keep them until you are sure.

X-Aggie
02-01-2008, 05:58 PM
Congrats! The few the proud the MasterCraft owners... (plus points for the 8.1!)

TMCNo1
02-01-2008, 06:30 PM
I see you are buying the boat from MasterCraft of Charlotte. I hope Mike and his staff told you about CSM '08 link here, http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=19313 on May 1, 2, 3 and 4 on Lake Wylie, NC/SC. We hope you can attend and if so post at the end of the thread and I'll include you in the tentative attendee list!..........thanks, Harold.

Patrick Hardy
02-01-2008, 06:47 PM
Welcome Dave. That is a nice boat. I see that you live in the Southeast, with the weather that you get down there, do not wait till summer to use that beauty. Have fun with it now!!!

Doug G
02-01-2008, 07:34 PM
Welcome Dave. Congrats on the boat looks like a sweet setup. As to the decals that is purely personal. You have to make it look like you want it. You will find a lot of different possibilities on here. I personally like something breaking up all the black but not necessarily those decals. I would lose em if it were mine, we're more of a cwb crew, and I try not to advertise without a paycheck ;).

JoshBuzz
02-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Love the Byerly graphics, but if it's a family boat I'd lose the skull!! I say leave the Byerly signature on the side, I saw the Hyperlite edition sticker on the windshield, I'd leave that for sure, and leave the Byerly words on. in the Wakeworld, that boat is drooled over, but you're in slalom/footin' heaven, and the graphics will be hated on!!

Jerseydave
02-01-2008, 09:06 PM
Oh great, another X-star owner named Dave :rolleyes: :D

J/K.........welcome! You'll love your X-star, I love mine. (you'll also be getting lots of new "friends")

Company decals...........I'm with Doug G on that one........not without pay! The longer you leave them on there, the more the paint color around them will not match the color under them.

Oh, and Mike @ MYMC is a great guy. He'll take care of you.

tr6coug
02-02-2008, 12:12 AM
Nice ride! Graphics... lose the Byerly keep the skull. I like skulls :D

H20BOY
02-02-2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome to the forum. Nice boat. As for the decals, I think they add alot to the boat. I like them, but don't be a poser. If you don't ride Hyperlite, take them off.

shepherd
02-02-2008, 07:04 PM
Welcome! You should show that thing off at CSM in May!

(I'd probably keep the skull but delete the other decals.)