PDA

View Full Version : How about the X2

Scoot18
01-31-2008, 09:44 PM
I am new to the forum and need to ask some the veterans some questions about the X2. Last March I bought an 07 tige' 22Ve and am now faced with the possiblity of making a change to MC. My son recently was selected to be a team rider for our local MC dealer and I feel that to really solidify the relationship and support the dealer we need to be in an MC. They are currently working on putting a deal togehter on an X2. I am curious what the opinions are about the overall boat handling and more than anything the wake shape and size. With my son there is never enough wake, always wants to go bigger. If we go with the X2 we will end up in a smaller and lighter boat with a much smaller internal ballast system. Can anyone share opinons about this boat?

Thank you in advance

03 35th Anniversary
01-31-2008, 09:48 PM
I am new to the forum and need to ask some the veterans some questions about the X2. Last March I bought an 07 tige' 22Ve and am now faced with the possiblity of making a change to MC. My son recently was selected to be a team rider for our local MC dealer and I feel that to really solidify the relationship and support the dealer we need to be in an MC. They are currently working on putting a deal togehter on an X2. I am curious what the opinions are about the overall boat handling and more than anything the wake shape and size. With my son there is never enough wake, always wants to go bigger. If we go with the X2 we will end up in a smaller and lighter boat with a much smaller internal ballast system. Can anyone share opinons about this boat?

Thank you in advanceI don't have an X-2 but with this in mind an X-Star would be your best bet. (IMO)

Scoot18
01-31-2008, 09:58 PM
I don't have an X-2 but with this in mind an X-Star would be your best bet. (IMO)
X-Star isn't in the budget. My son would love the X-Star but I think the first year we will have to go with the X2

CHaus21
01-31-2008, 10:00 PM
X2 and the fly high fat sacs make a mean wake

SteveO
01-31-2008, 10:06 PM
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your son's endorsement. I have a 2007 X2 which is a great boat. The factory ballast is less than adequate for a top notch wake with only a few people in the boat. If you add the fly-high kit (a pair of 400's for the back and the under the seat bow sac ~650) and the stock tanks, you have a completely different wake, which is still rampy, steep and firm. My friends 15 yo is sponsored by S____ and enjoys the wake of the X2 with no complaints. I have also heard good things about the X 15 wake as well, which is in the similar price range. Good luck on your search.

Scoot18
01-31-2008, 10:13 PM
Welcome to the board and congratulations on your son's endorsement. I have a 2007 X2 which is a great boat. Good luck on your search.

Thanks for the input. We already use sacs and are considering more. We also have fly-hi as a possible interested contributor. So there is a v sac for the front with a 600lb weight?

I like the X15 better but the dealer thinks that the resale or attraction to an X2 at time of resale in a year or two will be stronger.

I also need some help on color shcemes. We are looking at Red, black and the silver metal flake combo. I would like to see some pics of your boat. I am interested in a red deck, black main panel side, silver metal flake lower stripe and a white bottom, anyone have any pics close to that?

Stevo could you post some pics of your X2.

SaltwaterMC
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
As mentioned previously, you will get a pretty nice wake with the addition of the Fly High system, which uses the factory pumps and switches. The X2 is an awesome boat though, it offers a lot for its size.

Scoot18
01-31-2008, 10:14 PM
X2 and the fly high fat sacs make a mean wake

How mean? How many sacs and what is the approx. weight? Does the boat still handle well with a lot of weight?

Scoot18
01-31-2008, 10:18 PM
As mentioned previously, you will get a pretty nice wake with the addition of the Fly High system, which uses the factory pumps and switches. The X2 is an awesome boat though, it offers a lot for its size.

Is there a specific Fly High system made for the X2 which is ready to install?

From what I can tell the X2 seems like a well rounded boat. I am very surprized of the room in the cockpit area for a 20 footer.

SaltwaterMC
01-31-2008, 10:44 PM
Yes, Fly High makes a system specifically designed for the X2. Here is the link: http://fatsac.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighSacs.html#x2

Scroll down until you see the "MasterCraft X-2 Additional Ballast". As indicated on their website, the system adds over 1600 lbs of ballast to the factory tanks.

Jet
02-01-2008, 08:36 AM
For the colour scheme, you can take a look at our X15, which is Pro Tour Red with Gun metal flake on the back.

Pictures are not the greatest, but if it helps.

sand2snow22
02-01-2008, 12:02 PM
You're dealer doesn't have any used X-Star's? I think you could get an 06 X-Star very near or less than the price you paid for your Tige!

Roonie's
02-01-2008, 01:35 PM
I have a 2007 X2 and I second the fly high system for more ballast. It should be a nice wake. I have talked to several people that have the system and love the wake it produces. I am going to be installing one this spring. With an 07 the ballast timers have to be reset or a circuit in the timer can be soldered together to override the auto shut off feature. This is what I will be doing with mine.

Eagle Lake Rebel
02-01-2008, 07:50 PM
What exactly do you have to do to hard wire the auto shut off out of the system?

Scoot18
02-01-2008, 08:24 PM
For the colour scheme, you can take a look at our X15, which is Pro Tour Red with Gun metal flake on the back.

Pictures are not the greatest, but if it helps.

Great looking boat, I like that color combo. That helps give me an idea. I just need to see one black where yours is red and silver metal where yours is gun metal, and then with a red deck. I really like the X15, nice traditional style boat.

Scoot18
02-01-2008, 08:29 PM
I have a 2007 X2 and I second the fly high system for more ballast. It should be a nice wake. I have talked to several people that have the system and love the wake it produces. I am going to be installing one this spring. With an 07 the ballast timers have to be reset or a circuit in the timer can be soldered together to override the auto shut off feature. This is what I will be doing with mine.

Roonie, I looked at your gallery and checked out that beautiful water your X2 is sitting in. Then I saw the caption that it was Priest Lake. Is that Preist Lake Idaho? If so, I was just out that way at Christmas time. My in laws live in Priest River right down the road from there.

Nice shots, oh and nice boat too!

Roonie's
02-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Roonie, I looked at your gallery and checked out that beautiful water your X2 is sitting in. Then I saw the caption that it was Priest Lake. Is that Preist Lake Idaho? If so, I was just out that way at Christmas time. My in laws live in Priest River right down the road from there.

Nice shots, oh and nice boat too!

Yes Priest Lake ID....... shhhhhhh! Lets keep it a secret as it is undiscovered. We have a cabin there.

Sand2snow also has a place there.

Roonie's
02-01-2008, 08:48 PM
What exactly do you have to do to hard wire the auto shut off out of the system?

I am not exactly sure but a guy I know will take the pump apart and wire it so auto shut off stops working so you can fill the extra ballast bags. Otherwise the ballast pumps will auto shutoff on you and the extra bags won't get filled. A simple way around the system.

sand2snow22
02-01-2008, 08:56 PM
Yes Priest Lake ID....... shhhhhhh! Lets keep it a secret as it is undiscovered. We have a cabin there.

Sand2snow also has a place there.

The cat's out now ;) Pendo has a place on Priest River. I'd assume better water than the lake b/c it's more protected. It's usually windy on the lake, right Roonie ;)

Roonie's
02-01-2008, 09:00 PM
The cat's out now ;) Pendo has a place on Priest River. I'd assume better water than the lake b/c it's more protected. It's usually windy on the lake, right Roonie ;)

Always windy with big swells! ;)

In fact Sand2Snow saw me on the lake in my boat as he drove by and waved as he was towing his. Kinda funny as I met him here.

I thought Pendo was near Harrison by Couer D'Alene lake off the river there?

sand2snow22
02-01-2008, 09:08 PM
I thought Pendo was near Harrison by Couer D'Alene lake off the river there?

You might be right, we'll have to find out. When are you going this year?

Roonie's
02-01-2008, 09:12 PM
You might be right, we'll have to find out. When are you going this year?

I will be there for a month July/Aug time with the boat. I am going next weekend to do some snowmobiling however. Just came back as well last weekend as they are having an epic snow year. It is the most snow I have ever seen, at our cabin they have at least 5 feet on the ground. I am actually worried about the roof on our barn hoping it won't cave in due to so much snow on it as they have had a lot of roof cave ins the past week. This least week alone they got three feet of snow. I will post pic after I get back.

This pic was taken over X-mas of my son at Priest lots of snow then.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/DSC_0116-1.jpg

TheOneandOnly
02-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Beautiful place/pic :)

sand2snow22
02-01-2008, 11:30 PM
I will be there for a month July/Aug time with the boat. I am going next weekend to do some snowmobiling however. Just came back as well last weekend as they are having an epic snow year. It is the most snow I have ever seen, at our cabin they have at least 5 feet on the ground. I am actually worried about the roof on our barn hoping it won't cave in due to so much snow on it as they have had a lot of roof cave ins the past week. This least week alone they got three feet of snow. I will post pic after I get back.

This pic was taken over X-mas of my son at Priest lots of snow then.
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2/Roonies_2006/DSC_0116-1.jpg

Nice picture. I love the pics at Elkins with the first ever trips to Chimney Rock on a snowmobile! Have fun, I've yet to be there in the winter. I've heard stories how the lake used to freeze over. We'll be there the last week of July, so we might run into each other.

Mt Baker now has over 180 inches of snow. Mt Hood has had 5 ft of snow since Monday! The town of Detroit aprx.,2000 ft elevation, near Detroit lake has over 10 ft of snow and declared a state of emergency.