PDA

View Full Version : What would you pay for used Perfect Pass

chevy08bud
01-31-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm looking into a used Perfect Pass system and am wondering if it would be worth what I'd have to put into it, and if it is a good idea to buy a used PP system. The servo and harnesses would be new. I know that the new systems are not cheap, but would really like some more consistent pulls. Let me know what you think.

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 11:13 AM
I'm looking into a used Perfect Pass system and am wondering if it would be worth what I'd have to put into it, and if it is a good idea to buy a used PP system. The servo and harnesses would be new. I know that the new systems are not cheap, but would really like some more consistent pulls. Let me know what you think.

Sent you a PM. I wouldn't own a boat without speed control, and I'm far from a pro skier. If it's in good condition, a used system would be fine. The servo and paddle wheel would be the only part I'd be concerned with having any wear on them.

gardinerbowen
01-31-2008, 05:28 PM
All i have to say is if you don't buy it will you let me know were your looking because i would love to buy it

chevy08bud
01-31-2008, 05:47 PM
The servo and paddlewheel would be brand new from PP. I'm thinking about foregoing the paddlewheel for now and see how it does in RPM mode at first to save some cash. If that doesn't end up sufficeing us, then I'll put a hole in the bottom of the boat.

BrianM
01-31-2008, 06:03 PM
Obviously you are asking about my parts for sale. The guy that is buying mine said that he checked into buying the additional parts needed to piece together a full system. This may be helpfull to those looking to buy the master module, chip and older single line display from someone making the upgrade to Stargazer.

A new servo and throttle cable, wire harness for the servo, RPM wire harness and Paddle Wheel setup should run you about $350 direct from Perfect Pass. Add the mag sensor for another $150

So you can pick up a full Digital Pro system with new mechanicals and a used brain and display for around $650. Not a bad way to go. There are going to be lots of Master Modules, chips and single line displays available. I probably sold mine too cheap but oh well.

chevy08bud
01-31-2008, 06:08 PM
I was.....

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 06:10 PM
So Brian, is your deal done? Can I list here now?

BrianM
01-31-2008, 06:12 PM
So Brian, is your deal done? Can I list here now?

Done deal. List away.

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 06:15 PM
Okay, folks. Step right up. I've got a 4 month old Master Module and 6.5 ng chip that has less than 20 hours on it. Works with either wakeboard pro or digital pro (says "wakeboard pro" on it, but has the two timer inputs). $125 plus shipping. Source the rest from Perfect Pass and you have the latest digital pro version for less than the cost of PP Basic Cruise. Price is firm.

Sodar
01-31-2008, 06:25 PM
I have got a new DBW 2007 module for any 2005 or newer MC's for sale. Perfect Pass Digital Pro/Wakeboard Pro. Unit is basically new and can be plug and play for any Drive By Wire MC. $300 for the brain. With the DBW all you need is a wiring harness, paddle wheel and display. Those two things shouldn't cost more than $300.

BrianM
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
_________________ :d

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 06:38 PM
Sometimes I just think funny things.

Step right up folks!

Sodar
01-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Thanks Brian! You get yours sold and you have gotta pound us and leave us out to dry!

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 06:41 PM

Double

dpolen
01-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Obviously you are asking about my parts for sale. The guy that is buying mine said that he checked into buying the additional parts needed to piece together a full system. This may be helpfull to those looking to buy the master module, chip and older single line display from someone making the upgrade to Stargazer.

A new servo and throttle cable, wire harness for the servo, RPM wire harness and Paddle Wheel setup should run you about $350 direct from Perfect Pass. Add the mag sensor for another $150

So you can pick up a full Digital Pro system with new mechanicals and a used brain and display for around $650. Not a bad way to go. There are going to be lots of Master Modules, chips and single line displays available. I probably sold mine too cheap but oh well.

Is the mag sensor necessary? My maristar won't be running a course, but I sure would like to have perfectpass (but not willing to pay anywhere close to full price for PP right now). Could a system be done for the $350 parts you referenced plus the forthcoming deals on the "outdated" equipment?...PP system for under $500?

BrianM
01-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Is the mag sensor necessary? My maristar won't be running a course, but I sure would like to have perfectpass (but not willing to pay anywhere close to full price for PP right now). Could a system be done for the $350 parts you referenced plus the forthcoming deals on the "outdated" equipment?...PP system for under $500?

If you don't ski a course no need for the mag sensor.

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 06:50 PM
For slalom, you don't need the mag sensor or the paddle wheel. For mine, you'd just need the module and chip (which I'm selling), the gauge, wiring harness, and servo motor. Run in slalom mode or rpm mode no problem.

I'd guess that would put you about at $500 give or take depending on the price difference between a gauge and a paddlewheel (given Brian's pricing above).

Compare that to Wakeboard Pro (what you'd get, but add the paddlewheel) at $1,050 last I checked.

76S&S
01-31-2008, 07:13 PM
Who needs PP..........

You just need to find one of the old school drivers like Roland Godfrey and put him behind the wheel....

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 07:49 PM
It's the marriage saver. No doubt about it. I wouldn't own an inboard without it.

André
01-31-2008, 07:52 PM
It's the marriage saver. No doubt about it. I wouldn't own an inboard without it.
You wouldn't happen to have an extra smart timer by any chance?:(

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 07:57 PM

I just have the one, Andre. Sorry. There was one on ebay just a couple of weeks ago.

Sodar
01-31-2008, 08:05 PM

One right here (http://cgi.ebay.com/Perfect-Pass-Ski-Boat-Slalom-Course-Timer_W0QQitemZ270208256866QQihZ017QQcategoryZ7117 4QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem) for $75...

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 09:06 PM
Andre, that's Lex at Rambo marine. Call and see if he'll cut you a deal on it.

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 09:28 PM
Well, just for the sake of a picture. Here it is. It says Wakeboard Pro, but it will work either as a Wakeboard Pro system or as Digital Pro (which includes WB Pro). Has rpm, trick, and jump modes as well. PM me if you're interested.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/dnortonames/PPMasterModule65ng.jpg

STLer645
01-31-2008, 09:51 PM
Well, just for the sake of a picture. Here it is. It says Wakeboard Pro, but it will work either as a Wakeboard Pro system or as Digital Pro (which includes WB Pro). Has rpm, trick, and jump modes as well. PM me if you're interested.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/dnortonames/PPMasterModule65ng.jpg

What's the low down on installing one of these in a carburated boat? I have done some searches but can't find much. Will it be as effective? If so I may be interested...

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 10:03 PM
I ran this same system in my 93 205, which was carburated. It is very effective. There is a great walk through on www.themalibucrew.com as well as perfectpass.com I believe.

Basically, the servo motor hooks up to the throttle linkage at the carb and works against the tension of the return spring to hold speed. The servo motor is mounted by hose clamps to the water hose going from the thermostat housing to the starboard exhaust manifold. The servo motor is connected by a wire to the master module. The master module is connected to the rear of rpm gauge as well as the rear of the PP gauge by separate wires. Optional components such as the paddle wheel speedometer and magnet pickup also connect to the Master Module.

Not complicated to install, but running the wires through the bilge can be tedious depending how wide the opening under the deck is. On my new boat, there was a cooler and the gap between the cooler and the starboard stringer was very small.

STLer645
01-31-2008, 10:29 PM
I ran this same system in my 93 205, which was carburated. It is very effective. There is a great walk through on www.themalibucrew.com as well as perfectpass.com I believe.

Basically, the servo motor hooks up to the throttle linkage at the carb and works against the tension of the return spring to hold speed. The servo motor is mounted by hose clamps to the water hose going from the thermostat housing to the starboard exhaust manifold. The servo motor is connected by a wire to the master module. The master module is connected to the rear of rpm gauge as well as the rear of the PP gauge by separate wires. Optional components such as the paddle wheel speedometer and magnet pickup also connect to the Master Module.

Not complicated to install, but running the wires through the bilge can be tedious depending how wide the opening under the deck is. On my new boat, there was a cooler and the gap between the cooler and the starboard stringer was very small.

Thanks; very helpful. I am still interested. PM sent.

east tx skier
01-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Just responded. I apologize for the bad link above. It was the old Malibu forum that had that installation write up. It was moved to wakesiderides.com here (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=221).

flipper
02-01-2008, 11:21 AM
Just responded. I apologize for the bad link above. It was the old Malibu forum that had that installation write up. It was moved to wakesiderides.com here (http://www.wakesiderides.com/viewArticle.php?id=221).

I thought we weren't allowed to use bad words on here?

east tx skier
02-01-2008, 11:22 AM
Bumpy bump bump bump.

Lots of PMs. Thank you. It is still for sale. I take paypal.

east tx skier
02-01-2008, 01:15 PM
I thought we weren't allowed to use bad words on here?

What I have for sale will work regardless of brand. :)

Sodar
02-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Stop bumping your $h!t, Doug!

Ah damn, look what I what have gone and done! :D

KnoxX2
02-01-2008, 01:21 PM

:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :uglyhamme

east tx skier
02-01-2008, 03:04 PM

Yeah, nice work. That'd be "our" $hit.

Oh, and SALE PENDING!

Sodar
02-01-2008, 03:06 PM
Yeah, nice work. That'd be "our" $hit.

Oh, and SALE PENDING!

You lucky SOB! I think that since most DWB boats come with PP, that mine will be a bit harder to sell. There have gotta be some people though, that want to upgrade from PP/MasterCraft Cruise.

Anybody?

east tx skier
02-01-2008, 03:09 PM
You lucky SOB! I think that since most DWB boats come with PP, that mine will be a bit harder to sell. There have gotta be some people though, that want to upgrade from PP/MasterCraft Cruise.

Anybody?

Yours is a sweet deal though because, other than the gauge, there are no other components to buy. Plug 'n' play.

Of course, to the degree that someone wants to void their warranty, switch ECMs and get Zero Off, you're competing with that.

chevy08bud
02-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Does anyone know if you can upgrade a 6.0 master module to 6.5n? If I wanted to be able to create skier profiles using a single line display, would the 6.0 software support that, or would I have to upgrade?

east tx skier
02-01-2008, 04:56 PM
You will need at least 6.5 n to do skier profiles. This feature was not available in 6.4. As far as I know, if it says "Digital Pro", you can do a chip swap. What year did 6.0 come out? I think the year cutoff for upgrade is 2000. But don't hold me to that.

chevy08bud
02-01-2008, 05:03 PM
I don't know what year 6.0 came out, I'm trying to make some calls to find out though. PP is closed for the day, so that might be tough. Just called a local dealer, he thinks 2000 or 2001.

east tx skier
02-03-2008, 12:16 AM
Module is sold and shipped. Thanks for all the interest.

jacobsenjim
07-22-2008, 10:48 PM
east tx skier or anyone else
Do you still have any perfect pass units left

jacobsenjim
07-22-2008, 10:52 PM
East Tx Skier
Do you have any perfect pass units left?

georgea0731
07-22-2008, 11:10 PM
Good luck! I hope you find one. I'm thinking about upgrading too, but there was a lot going on with GPS star and Zero off that I thought I might wait a while.