PDA

View Full Version : X1 questions

Prostar in Michigain
01-30-2008, 03:26 PM
Hey team talk

As some of you guys may remeber my family was looking for an X9. But with a resent visit to the local boat show here in chicago we are stuck on the X1. Any owners have and pros and cons on it. How is it for a begining wakeboarder? With little brothers my family has to worry about tubing is it alright for that to? And how is it work in chop? And recomendations for options in the boat? And last does anybody know of any for sale? Me and my family really appreciate the help

TIA

Mark

jkski
01-30-2008, 03:36 PM
That is a great and proven hull that has been around for many years and is very desirable. That is the old 205V hull which later became the X-Star, X-Series, X2 and currently X1, dating back to the mid-late 90's(someone will be along to give you exact years). My point being, it serves a lot of purposes very well and has a great re-sale value because of this. The beauty is that if you are not looking for a "brand new boat" you can have this exact same ull in any of the above mentioned forms. It recreational ski's good, wakeboards great, pulls tubes and barefoots great....heck it was the X-Games towboat when they had wakeboarding events.
If you are willing to go new, then I know of at least one dealer who has a great looking one on their showroom floor, just go to www.bhmtrilakes.com and you'll see it.
Good luck and hope this helps.

Ole Miss Rebels
01-30-2008, 03:40 PM
absolutely and without question one of the best wakeboard boats ever made. second in the mastercraft line to the XStar. the current X1 used to be the XStar before the new design came out in 2003. hopefully it will have the MCX (350 hp) engine in it. Perfect pass is a must also, and the board racks. integrated three point ballast system would be the only other thing you need to make the boat a world class wake machine. it is a great boat (i used to have one. i traded for an 05 Xstar. as odd as it may seem, there are times i still miss my old Xstar/X1). and yes, it will tube. you can shoot them to the moon if you want to. the wake is mellow without ballast but be careful, it is a beast when weighted down. congrats and post pics when you get it.

captain planet
01-30-2008, 03:58 PM
That hull is probably the best hull MC ever came out with with respect to versatility. It does just about everything very well. It wakeboards awesome, slaloms pretty well, and rides well in chop. That hull hasn't been around for 15 years for no reason. Only drawback is the interior room compared to the newer boats, but the skiability of the boat makes it a real gem. You can't go wrong with this one.

bobx1
01-30-2008, 04:17 PM
Ditton on the above comments. I have one and love it. Skis good. Wakeboards great for my 11 year old (beginner) and serves up a nice, more advanced wake for my 16 and 20 year old sons (with factory ballast). You can sink it further with aftermarket ballast and people say it puts out a very nice pro wake. The only possible downside is the number of people that it seats comfortably. We usually have 5-7 on board and have plenty of room but gets cramped after that.

Options wise...that is up to you. Suggested must haves are racks, mirror, and Master Cruise (which works very well for me) or Perfect Pass. Tower speakers, bimini, etc. can come later if budget is tight.

trickskier
01-30-2008, 08:13 PM
Great Boat I Love :love: Mine!!! :D

TOO-TALL
01-30-2008, 08:21 PM
I will agree with everything said above.I have a 20003 X-2 and love it.
Yeah, its true if you get more then 6 people it gets alittle crowded.But how often do you have a full boat?
With stock ballast the wake is really good and some more weight and look out the wake will launch you and you can keep adding more weight the hull will take it. The question is can you.

A few more things that sold me on the boat.
-It trailers really well....Easy to see around.
-Fits in the garage good.
-Handles awesome.
-looks good on the water.
-Fit and Finish.

Any more ?'s let me know

tbd01
01-30-2008, 08:53 PM
I love this boat! this is one great boat for all around performance I love mine.:)

vision
01-31-2008, 12:32 AM
I must echo Ole Miss Rebels' comments. I just sold my 2005 X2 (now the X1) and I have a 2008 X-star. I love my X-star. But I must admit I miss the handling and versatility of the X-2. Put about 1000 lbs of ballast or people in the center of the boat and it throws a fantastic wake. Tight lip and lots of pop. Yet with no ballast, the wake is nice to slalom.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-31-2008, 09:20 AM
I think most of it's been said, so I'll add my endorsement of this hull. We bought ours as a 'diamond in the rough' 205V and added options to make it wake ready. Those options were tower, racks, mirror, and Perfect Pass. We also made sure it came with a trailer cover and bimini. I added my own DIY fully automated ballast system...among other things that you can see in my signature link.

The negative...none really for me. We had an X10 and the added interior space meant more people usually on board. That equated to more time b/w sets. So a 'downsize' to a (IMO) better hull usually means less people and more water time!

Lennyp04
01-31-2008, 04:33 PM
Great Boat I Love :love: Mine!!! :D

Yep can't dissagree with him...other then the mine part since its not mine but my dads. You and I already talked about it but it has an awesome wakeboard wake. We have 500 in the rear and a center sack will come soon but just with the 500 it puts out a sick wake. Tubing is also fun behind but rather be boarding or surfing. Speaking of surfing it has a nice "swell" for surfing. The only con I have about ours is that I dont have any audio in it...but thats gonna change really soon. Basically it is the best hull MasterCraft ever made...and just look at the X-games history...

Oh yeah what was the first 1080 landed behind...at that time is was the X-star but what hull is that now???? X1!!!

ProTour X9
01-31-2008, 05:11 PM
You ask about tubing now, but once you have a new boat, if you're like me, you'll be skiing and boarding a LOT more often.

corey
01-31-2008, 06:21 PM
I can't say enough good things about this boat. I am fortuninate enough to have a buddy with a 2000 and another buddy with a 2006. The 2006 was purchased because of how awesome the 2000 was. We wakeboard and surf pretty much exclusivly so both have a larger than factory ballast system for an incredible wake but the stock ballast is nothing to scoff at.

To be honest I own a ski but it hasent seen the water in about 4 or 5 years so I can't comment on the ski wake but I've been told its decent.

76S&S
01-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Not sure I can add anything to what's already been said but here is one more vote for the boat.

We have the 02 x-star (same hull) and have had it less than a year. My boys had one year of wakeboarding under their belt when we got it and even though the wake without ballast was considerably bigger than the old S&S they could still manage it. We typically have 5 on board with plenty of room.

Not much has been said about storage but for a boat of it's size it really has a lot of storage. We rarely have things lying around.

Depending on your budget..........if possible look for 05 or newer to get the pivoting board racks.

conway400
02-01-2008, 09:17 AM
I'll add one more. Wakeboards great. Surfs good. My wife loves to ski behind it, very nice for skiing when lightly loaded and smooth water. Tubes great from the tower. I haven't seen it mentioned here much, but it is rough in rough water. We love ours. And it gets lots of attention on the water. My MasterCarft Cruise works great.

Lennyp04
02-01-2008, 10:09 AM
Conway, yours is rough in rough water? That's weird because my moms favorite thing is how smooth the ride is no matter what.

But I do have to agree with you, it sure does get some nice attention on the lake

weskix4
02-01-2008, 05:06 PM
I must say, I love our '95 190, but we seem to do more wakeboarding than anything. It sounds like the wakes are decent for recreational skiing, but how about footing (both on the boom and longline). The toughest thing with our family is my oldest son wakeboards, I ski, foot, and wakeboard, my wife skis, and my youngest son foots. Our 190 does a nice job for all the above, but it would be nice to have more room in the boat and a ballast system other than fat sacs on the floor.

JohnE
02-01-2008, 05:54 PM
I must say, I love our '95 190, but we seem to do more wakeboarding than anything. It sounds like the wakes are decent for recreational skiing, but how about footing (both on the boom and longline). The toughest thing with our family is my oldest son wakeboards, I ski, foot, and wakeboard, my wife skis, and my youngest son foots. Our 190 does a nice job for all the above, but it would be nice to have more room in the boat and a ballast system other than fat sacs on the floor.

You need an X14 then.

Prostar in Michigain
02-02-2008, 12:03 PM
Ok thanks guys. I really appreciate all the help. Does anybody know of any of the boats with the X1 hull for sale? Ive been looking but they dont seem to be that popular.

TIA

Mark

sand2snow22
02-02-2008, 12:34 PM
They're pretty popular. Here is a nice looking one. You can find one for less money, but this one looks good:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/boa/557206212.html

Harvey
02-02-2008, 01:22 PM
Best all around boat Mastercraft has ever made. I have owned three different variations of the same hull. I had a 96 205 DD, a 01 Xstar, and now a 06 X1. I have loved each one. You can have a mellow wake to learn on or you can add some wieght and ramp it up to something most pros would be happy to shred. The ski was is good recreationally and there is comfortable room for upto 6-7 people and gear. Great boat! Here is a picture of my most recent one.

http://www.theharveystudio.com/gallery/d/70-3/DSC_0503.JPG

trickskier
02-02-2008, 02:00 PM
I agree with Harvey................:D

sand2snow22
02-02-2008, 02:53 PM
Looks like that is sacked out trick 8p I'd like to see pics of the wake behind that!

trickskier
02-02-2008, 05:05 PM
Looks like that is sacked out trick 8p I'd like to see pics of the wake behind that!
Ask and you shall receive............:D

trickskier
02-02-2008, 05:08 PM
Another one...........;)

Harvey
02-04-2008, 01:43 PM
That looks like about 1900 give or take. 2K in mine is like Disneyland on water.

SteveO
02-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Harvey, You riding or just talking about it these days? Got a spot on the 2 when you're ready. Always looking for winter riders:D

Lennyp04
02-04-2008, 06:16 PM
Best all around boat Mastercraft has ever made. I have owned three different variations of the same hull. I had a 96 205 DD, a 01 Xstar, and now a 06 X1. I have loved each one. You can have a mellow wake to learn on or you can add some wieght and ramp it up to something most pros would be happy to shred. The ski was is good recreationally and there is comfortable room for upto 6-7 people and gear. Great boat! Here is a picture of my most recent one.

http://www.theharveystudio.com/gallery/d/70-3/DSC_0503.JPG

Wow how similar that looks to ours!!!

Lennyp04
02-04-2008, 06:19 PM
I agree with Harvey................:D

Hey Trick, do you actually use those back compartments for storage, other then water storage? What are you running in there...or is it top secret?

trickskier
02-04-2008, 08:54 PM
Hey Trick, do you actually use those back compartments for storage, other then water storage? What are you running in there...or is it top secret?
No secret Lenny, just the factory ballast full. But she is sitting pretty low in the water isn't she??? ;)

Lennyp04
02-04-2008, 09:03 PM
Well you got one up on me. Our X-1 only has the rear 250lbs tanks but hopefully will get a locker sac this spring. Whats the weight of the center sac on yours trick?

trickskier
02-04-2008, 09:08 PM
Well you got one up on me. Our X-1 only has the rear 250lbs tanks but hopefully will get a locker sac this spring. Whats the weight of the center sac on yours trick?
No center sac.........That's where I keep my slalom ski & empty beer cans...........:friday:

sand2snow22
02-04-2008, 09:50 PM
[QUOTE=Lennyp04 Whats the weight of the center sac on yours trick?[/QUOTE]

I think they're somewhere around 300-400 lbs. Even when she's relatively empty for skiing, I forget we can put a ski in there!

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 07:02 AM
I know that the objective of ballast is to weigh the entire boat down and not just one section of it. Is it worth it to get the center sac? Trick are those the stock ballast "boxes"? They're 250 each right... I just forget what ours looks like with ballast. I NEED SUMMER!!!

Harvey
02-05-2008, 11:30 AM
Harvey, You riding or just talking about it these days? Got a spot on the 2 when you're ready. Always looking for winter riders:D

I talk about it mostly now. With the fiance in grad school, me starting grad school this semester, her and I working both full time and planning the wedding for the end of May we haven't had much time. She graduates in Aug so this year will probably be limited to the summer. If the timing is right I would be glad to shred a little X2 wake.

Harvey
02-05-2008, 11:44 AM
I know that the objective of ballast is to weigh the entire boat down and not just one section of it. Is it worth it to get the center sac? Trick are those the stock ballast "boxes"? They're 250 each right... I just forget what ours looks like with ballast. I NEED SUMMER!!!

The stock boxes are about 250-300. The center sack is worth it. I have the center sac and full its about 300 lbs. Then I have one of THESE (http://www.fatsac.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighSacs.html#2) in the bow walkway along with about 150-200 lbs of weight (anchors, lead, etc.) up front under the seats. Then I have one of each of THESE (http://www.fatsac.com/FlyHigh/FlyHighSacs.html#1) in the back but never really fill them more than about 500 lbs worth.

The best weight ratio for this boat is 50/50. Whatever weight you add in the back you need to balance out in the front. If you like the wake with a little lip on it then keep the ratio just under 50/50 something like 45 front/55 back. If you like a little more ramp and less lip then go more like 55 front/45 back.

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 04:54 PM
Thanks Harvey, for some reason we didn't get a center sac with the purchase. Not a big deal. That and no stereo, but wait thats coming very very soon!!!

trickskier
02-05-2008, 05:30 PM
Yes, they are the stock tanks.

Thanks Harvey, for some reason we didn't get a center sac with the purchase. Not a big deal. That and no stereo, but wait thats coming very very soon!!!

Don't forget the tower speakers!!!

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 07:08 PM
trick now your asking a lot

trickskier
02-05-2008, 07:25 PM
trick now your asking a lot
Hey, always aim for the stars!!!

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 07:37 PM
trick your my hero. Simply put.

But yeah let's see here.

Boat audio system- $1000 to $2000
MC tower speakers-$1700
center sac-$250 to $350
joy of firing up your MC on a cold morning... Priceless

For everything else there's my dads credit card!

trickskier
02-05-2008, 07:55 PM
trick your my hero. Simply put.

But yeah let's see here.

Boat audio system- $1000 to $2000
MC tower speakers-$1700
center sac-$250 to $350
joy of firing up your MC on a cold morning... Priceless

For everything else there's my dads credit card!
LOL..................Thanks Lenny!!!
Yeah, I know about "DADS" credit card..............Just ask my kids!!! :D

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 08:03 PM
oh yeah I drive him crazy just had an AT&T bill that was $170 and a nextel bill that was $119 thank god I'm out of the nextel one.

Almost forgot to ask. How's your peacock friend these days?

ridehype4life
02-05-2008, 08:10 PM
Killer boat for sure. World class wakeboard wake, surfs well, and is small and handles well. The only downsides I could possibly think of are the cockpit is a bit small (5+ people gets a bit crowded) and the ride in rough water isn't the greatest. But who wakeboards in rough water anyway??

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/Vaughnwarrior09/SupafreshX1004small.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/Vaughnwarrior09/wake033small.jpg
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e37/Vaughnwarrior09/2ndtolast002small.jpg

trickskier
02-05-2008, 08:20 PM
oh yeah I drive him crazy just had an AT&T bill that was $170 and a nextel bill that was $119 thank god I'm out of the nextel one.

Almost forgot to ask. How's your peacock friend these days?
Just talked to dog on my way home. We're making plans for CSM 08. Did you talk your dad into coming?

JohnE
02-05-2008, 08:50 PM
There you go Lenny. Talk your dad into CSM and put some sound in that boat before you come.

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Well I've talked my lungs out to him and he said no because SATs are right in that time frame and according to him they are more important and that I won't focus if I have CSM on my mind

trickskier
02-05-2008, 09:17 PM
Well I've talked my lungs out to him and he said no because SATs are right in that time frame and according to him they are more important and that I won't focus if I have CSM on my mind
You can take the SAT's more than once...........;)

JohnE
02-05-2008, 09:19 PM

Are you a senior? I thought SAT's were when you are a senior? Is that yesteryear? I thought you were 16 putting you in your junior year. In any event, I call BS. You can take SAT's a few times a year, no? Tell pops he doesn't need an excuse not to come, he can just dislike us.:D BTW, I scored 1580 on mine.

Not really.;)

trickskier
02-05-2008, 09:25 PM
There is no limit to how many times you can take the SAT's. Tell your dad you won't be able to concentrate on the SAT's knowing what a good time everyone is having at CSM................;) So if you get a bad score it's his fault............:rolleyes: J/K

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 09:36 PM
Yeah john 1580 that's good and all but we had a kid from our school get a perfect 2400 on the sat and is going to Princeton. I am 16 and yes I'm a junior which means this is my most important year. I know that my dad doesn't dislike you guys he just not into the "party/get-together" aspect of boat owning. Since were not coming down this year I'll start on CSM 09 on the double!

trickskier
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM
Yeah john 1580 that's good and all but we had a kid from our school get a perfect 2400 on the sat and is going to Princeton. I am 16 and yes I'm a junior which means this is my most important year. I know that my dad doesn't dislike you guys he just not into the "party/get-together" aspect of boat owning. Since were not coming down this year I'll start on CSM 09 on the double!
All kidding aside............Your education is more important than anything. No one can take it away from you once you have it, and it's a powerful tool when interviewing for a job.........I know!!! Good luck on your SAT's. There will be plenty of time to party later on.

JohnE
02-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Ha. It's been so long since I took them, that I was thinking that 800 was a perfect score for each part. Have things changed or am I remembering things wrong? Seriously.

Waterski-Marcoisland
02-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Don't count out the new style X2. I have zero complaints with mine and it gets used for everything you can pull. Hands down a winner...

JohnE
02-05-2008, 09:52 PM
OK, just did a little research. When I took the SAT's there were 2 tests - math and english, possible score of 800 on each. Now there are 3 tests with a possible of 800 each. I guess my 1580 joke wasn't so funny. Doh.

JohnE
02-05-2008, 09:53 PM
And I'll second Trickskier's post. Your education is most important.

Lennyp04
02-05-2008, 09:57 PM
well there's 3 sections all worth 800 points. I think its math, critical reading and grammar or something like that. But trick I finally started to buckle down on my school work and I'm amazed at if I try I can actually get the grades. I need atleast a 3.0 gpa in order for my parents not to take away my license. 1st marking period I had a 3.5 and this one I had a 3.1667 so I was dangerously close. But I'll see what I can do about CSM 09. Maybe you guts could come to my lake and party it up!

JohnE
02-05-2008, 10:10 PM
But I'll see what I can do about CSM 09. Maybe you guts could come to my lake and party it up!

In case you don't remember, I visit Sparta NJ a lot. Put something together and I'll come. Doug G is on that lake, right?

Lennyp04
02-06-2008, 02:54 AM
Yep Dougs up there on the weekends and sometimes during the week. I'll talk to dmayer about putting something together and let you know john.

Yeah I suffer from that memory loss thingy.

trickskier
02-06-2008, 06:16 AM
well there's 3 sections all worth 800 points. I think its math, critical reading and grammar or something like that. But trick I finally started to buckle down on my school work and I'm amazed at if I try I can actually get the grades. I need atleast a 3.0 gpa in order for my parents not to take away my license. 1st marking period I had a 3.5 and this one I had a 3.1667 so I was dangerously close. But I'll see what I can do about CSM 09. Maybe you guts could come to my lake and party it up!
Congratulations Lenny keep up the good work!!! Trust me it will pay off in the end!!!

Lennyp04
02-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Yea I need to get good grades or I loose my license so theres some big incentive there. My dad also told me that if I got above a 3.0 this marking period I could apply for a job...So i just got done sending in my application to the local high end car wash. So I guess we will find out soon enough!

Prostar in Michigain
02-06-2008, 05:28 PM
My dad says that if i dont get a job i dont get a license