PDA

View Full Version : Bow Carpet

russlars
01-30-2008, 10:59 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the piece of carpet that snaps down in the bow? I have a '99 Prostar 205 with the tan color berber type carpet. My local MasterCraft dealer states that it is no longer available for order from them. Any help would be appreciated.

etduc
01-30-2008, 11:23 AM
Does anyone know where I can get the piece of carpet that snaps down in the bow? I have a '99 Prostar 205 with the tan color berber type carpet. My local MasterCraft dealer states that it is no longer available for order from them. Any help would be appreciated.

Bart's and Overton's carry carpet. You'll have to install the snaps, yourself ( I think the hardware section of Lowe's has them.)

russlars
01-30-2008, 05:21 PM
Bart's and Overton's carry carpet. You'll have to install the snaps, yourself ( I think the hardware section of Lowe's has them.)
I know that I could make it myself, but I would like something that matches the original carpet and looks like original equipment with the edges bound, etc. Any other ideas out there?

flipper
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
Take a sample to a good upholstery shop, have them match it, do the edges however you like, install snaps, and nobody will ever know. I would think they would beable to find a match no problem.

Monte
01-30-2008, 05:26 PM
I know that I could make it myself, but I would like something that matches the original carpet and looks like original equipment with the edges bound, etc. Any other ideas out there?

A lot of local carpet shops can bind carpet.

Some of the dealers on this forum:

MYMC
Jim@BAWS
Erkholer

may have some old inventory laying around, but it is going to be like finding a needle in a haystack.. Good luck

DBR
01-30-2008, 07:59 PM
I have the same problem on the walk thru on my "99 Sportstar. I would like to do away with the carpet, it slips even when snaped, but I have not figured the best way. If I could find a color match,grey, in a non- slip tape, or any other ideas?

flipper
01-30-2008, 08:41 PM
I have the same problem on the walk thru on my "99 Sportstar. I would like to do away with the carpet, it slips even when snaped, but I have not figured the best way. If I could find a color match,grey, in a non- slip tape, or any other ideas?

What about Velcro?

flipper
01-30-2008, 08:42 PM
oops, misread it. I was thinking of ways to hold it from slipping

dpolen
01-31-2008, 08:12 AM
I had snap-in carpet made for my Maristar 2 years ago by a local upholstery shop because the original carpet in the boat was wasted when I bought it. I think I was out the door for under $500 for new snap-in berber carpet that makes the boat look like new...plus its super easy to clean. Happy to help answer additional questions if you'd like.

russlars
01-31-2008, 06:46 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. I decided to contact another dealer to verify the availability or lack thereof for the original OEM carpet for the bow. I called Joe in the parts department of My MasterCraft in Charlotte, N.C. and he looked it up and told me that this piece of carpet is indeed available from the MasterCraft factory for a mere $39 plus shipping. I am pleased, to say the least, and it makes me wonder why the MasterCraft dealer in Isaquah, Washington would tell me that it was no longer available??? I think I will be calling Joe from now on when I need parts for my MC. :)

rasmithaz
01-31-2008, 07:32 PM
What is Joe's phone number? I need the carpeting also.

russlars
01-31-2008, 10:32 PM
What is Joe's phone number? I need the carpeting also.
You can reach Joe at My MasterCraft at 704-525-6660.
Good luck!

rasmithaz
02-01-2008, 02:43 PM
I talked to Joe and the carpeting is ordered. Thanks Russ