PDA

View Full Version : What's REALLY wrong with athletes today

JBaker
01-29-2008, 04:37 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Most of you know who this guy is - some may not - regardless, this guy should be black-balled from the NFL. Hopefully, the more people who read this article, the more people will begin to talk about this loser. Maybe, just maybe if the public is buzzing enough - the NFL will listen. I'm no fan of dog fighting, but IMHO this is worse.

TMCNo1
01-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Here is a dummy @ Wake Forest just last week. After the Virginia Tech episode, they shouldn't be taking any chances.

Wake Forest Football Player Dismissed From Team Over Threat
Posted: Jan. 26, 2008
WINSTON-SALEM, N.C. — A reserve running back for the Wake Forest University football team has been dismissed after writing on his Facebook page that he would "blow up campus."
Campus police said 19-year-old Luke Caparelli posted the note on the social-networking page on January 13. The note was written in third person and included a threat that Caparelli would have an Uzi submachine gun "locked and loaded in his bag."
A detective's affidavit made public Thursday said police apparently did not find any weapons when they searched Caparelli's bags and dorm room on January 14.
The affidavit said Caparelli acknowledged writing the statements but said he wouldn't do anything to harm anyone on campus or hurt the school.
District Attorney Tom Keith said his office is awaiting reports from campus police before deciding whether to file any charges.
Caparelli has not responded to requests for comment.

Hes has been kicked out of Wake Forest University and charges are pending!

wakolman
01-29-2008, 05:04 PM
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2004147460_rbstevens270.html

Most of you know who this guy is - some may not - regardless, this guy should be black-balled from the NFL. Hopefully, the more people who read this article, the more people will begin to talk about this loser. Maybe, just maybe if the public is buzzing enough - the NFL will listen. I'm no fan of dog fighting, but IMHO this is worse.

I never liked this dude as a player. What a rotten person.... a pattern of behavior that is destroying people's lives.

mcdoon
01-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I never liked this dude as a player. What a rotten person.... a pattern of behavior that is destroying people's lives.

True. Shame on the big business that college football has
become. Every bit as guilty as this scumbag.

And what's with the girl drinking a beer that's already
been opened? :confused: Makes me wonder for the 1000th
time what my daughter's going to be around when she goes
away this next fall. It sometimes ain't very pretty.

88 PS190
01-29-2008, 06:14 PM
[QUOTE=mcdoon]
And what's with the girl drinking a beer that's already
been opened?QUOTE]

I can tell you around here (university of iowa) Kegs and Pitchers are the norm. And at bars the bottles are opened by the bartenders, so its really rare to recieve an unopened, or unaccessible beverage. And well you know as well as I that girls don't often go to fill their own cups at kegs, or up to the bar to buy their own drinks. So it comes down to making sure they only accept beverages from people they know well enough to trust.

Harvey
01-29-2008, 07:33 PM
That is REALLY bad. This guy shouldn't be making 600K a year playing football, our tax dollars should be "maintaining" him in some part of the correctional system. Let's add it up (providing he actually commited them): rape, hit and run, DWI on two occasions and excessive DWI on a third. That would land anyone of us in jail for a long time.

The drink situation is easy. If it comes to you open, don't drink it. I watch the bartender poor my drink or open my bottle and I am a guy. I tell my wife to do the same thing.

trickskier
01-29-2008, 08:40 PM
What wrong with athletes??? Look no further than their PARENTS for the answer!!!

Maristar210
01-29-2008, 08:47 PM
Newheisel is a scumbag...

Only person I can think of who is worse in the sport is that mother / sister / father /cousin selling pice of garbage Nick Saban. Total liar F POS A

Hoosier Bob
02-05-2008, 12:15 AM
The only real athlete is John Patrick Daly! Back in the day they all smoked, drank, partied till dawn and still worked and played harder than anyone today! Big John may be all we have left! He does it all!:D