PDA

View Full Version : Anybody use one of these?

6ballsisall
01-29-2008, 11:57 AM
I am intriqued.......If I could get out of lugging around my laptop on all my trips and this would cover my basic computer needs on the road I am in. Anyone use one or had experience with one?

http://www.buildyourumpc.com/category-s/1745.htm

east tx skier
01-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Will it fit in your pocket? While the screen is larger, the keyboard doesn't look much larger (if it is) than my HTC mogul PPC. I suppose it depends on what your "basic computing needs" are.

Mine are probably more basic than yours. When I'm on the road, a PPC running windows mobile is generally enough for basic internet, email and typing letters, viewing attachments. If I'm in a situation where it's not enough, then I want a full on laptop if it's not going to fit in my pocket.

6ballsisall
01-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Would like to ditch the laptop on trips that require air travel (read TSA Nazi's 8p )

Supposedly it would fit in a pocket, however I don't think I am game for that. I like the idea of 1lb. fully functional computer running on XP Pro and with the extended battery, getting up to 12 hours battery life (which means 10 hours real life)

M-Funf
01-29-2008, 12:59 PM
I think it really depends on what you want to use it for. I used to lug around an 8# laptop. They lasted two years, max, before they were broken. I think I went through 4 total.

I realized that most of my usage was E-Mail, so I ditched the laptop for a Treo. With over-the-air synchronization (GoodLink), E-Mail, Web Browser, and phone in one "small" package, I can't be happier...

6ballsisall
01-29-2008, 02:27 PM
I've to the Blackberry (crackberry 8p ) and it works great for what it is. The challenge is when I am on the road I still need more giddyup than even a TREO running Windows Mobile can offer. Trying to decide if this will be the happy medium device or not.

M-Funf
01-29-2008, 02:33 PM
gotcha...

Good luck finding a happy medium...