View Full Version : Anybody use one of these?

01-29-2008, 10:57 AM
I am intriqued.......If I could get out of lugging around my laptop on all my trips and this would cover my basic computer needs on the road I am in. Anyone use one or had experience with one?

east tx skier
01-29-2008, 11:27 AM
Will it fit in your pocket? While the screen is larger, the keyboard doesn't look much larger (if it is) than my HTC mogul PPC. I suppose it depends on what your "basic computing needs" are.

Mine are probably more basic than yours. When I'm on the road, a PPC running windows mobile is generally enough for basic internet, email and typing letters, viewing attachments. If I'm in a situation where it's not enough, then I want a full on laptop if it's not going to fit in my pocket.

01-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Would like to ditch the laptop on trips that require air travel (read TSA Nazi's 8p )

Supposedly it would fit in a pocket, however I don't think I am game for that. I like the idea of 1lb. fully functional computer running on XP Pro and with the extended battery, getting up to 12 hours battery life (which means 10 hours real life)

01-29-2008, 11:59 AM
I think it really depends on what you want to use it for. I used to lug around an 8# laptop. They lasted two years, max, before they were broken. I think I went through 4 total.

I realized that most of my usage was E-Mail, so I ditched the laptop for a Treo. With over-the-air synchronization (GoodLink), E-Mail, Web Browser, and phone in one "small" package, I can't be happier...

01-29-2008, 01:27 PM
I've to the Blackberry (crackberry 8p ) and it works great for what it is. The challenge is when I am on the road I still need more giddyup than even a TREO running Windows Mobile can offer. Trying to decide if this will be the happy medium device or not.

01-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Good luck finding a happy medium...