PDA

View Full Version : Just lowered asking price on my 05 PS197.

jkski
01-29-2008, 10:14 AM
If you know of anyone looking for a showroom condition 2005 PS197 w/tower, I just updated the price in the marketplace, now below $34k.

Thanks.

Farmer Ted
01-29-2008, 10:16 AM
If you know of anyone looking for a showroom condition 2005 PS197 w/tower, I just updated the price in the marketplace.

Thanks.

you'll get more traffic to your ad if you post a link to it:D

coz
01-29-2008, 10:24 AM
If you know of anyone looking for a showroom condition 2005 PS197 w/tower, I just updated the price in the marketplace.

Thanks.
Is this it?
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/data/500/medium/2005_PS197_at_Rest.jpg
Nice boat!

Ric
01-29-2008, 10:53 AM
lemme help you out jkski

http://www.tmcowners.com/market/showproduct.php?product=1587&cat=5

jkski
01-29-2008, 10:58 AM
Thanks guys, that's it and more/better pics are available at www.bhmtrilakes.com

Thanks again.

jkski
02-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Lowered it again. If you know of anyone looking please let them know.

Thanks

D-MAX-Star
02-21-2008, 10:28 PM
Are you looking a buying a new boat, if so which one?

jkski
02-26-2008, 02:44 PM
I really do not want to have 2 boats, and from what I can tell, the price is fair compared to what I've seen out there....so, is it the color that is killing me here?

jkski
02-26-2008, 02:45 PM
Are you looking a buying a new boat, if so which one?

Already bought a 2008 PS197, so this one has got to go!

Ric
02-26-2008, 04:09 PM
I really do not want to have 2 boats, and from what I can tell, the price is fair compared to what I've seen out there....so, is it the color that is killing me here? Hard to say for sure, but is this the only place you have the boat listed?

I'm betting potential buyers are looking elsewhere more than the TT marketplace?

ttu
02-26-2008, 04:13 PM
I really do not want to have 2 boats, and from what I can tell, the price is fair compared to what I've seen out there....so, is it the color that is killing me here?

i doubt the color is causing any issues. my last two inboards were both yellow and they sold within a few weeks for right at full asking price.

nice looking boat btw

Ric
02-26-2008, 04:15 PM
damn sure looks like a nice boat. Only thing I see missing is perfect pass and that's not hurting you, at least I dont think so......

Sodar
02-26-2008, 04:25 PM
Just give it time. Out West, the boats are sitting a LONG time before they sell.... especially DD's. I am sure that once spring gets a little closer, your boat will go very quickly.

jkski
02-26-2008, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the feedback.
The boat is listed in several spots, and it is getting a lot of looks so I'm certain it is just a matter of the weather breaking then the action wil begin. We are getting dumped on with snow right now in NE Ohio, so that really does not help the boat sales market.
Worst case scenario, the new one will just have to sit in the garage in bubble wrap!!!

Thanks again for the input, it's always appreciated.

JohnE
02-26-2008, 06:31 PM
The time of year is not helping. I'd have just traded it in though rather than deal with thought of having 2 boats and putting up with the tire kickers.

Monte
02-26-2008, 06:50 PM
The time of year is not helping. I'd have just traded it in though rather than deal with thought of having 2 boats and putting up with the tire kickers.

You traded:rolleyes:

Like Sodar says give it some time.. There is a rear end for every seat..

coz
02-26-2008, 07:44 PM

Like Sodar says give it some time.. There is a rear end for every seat..:purplaugh

Footin
02-26-2008, 09:52 PM
Hey Jeff, I bet James told you "Lower the price"!!!!!!

JohnE
02-26-2008, 09:54 PM

Like Sodar says give it some time.. There is a rear end for every seat..

I never heard Sodar say that.:D

jkski
02-26-2008, 10:17 PM
Hey Jeff, I bet James told you "Lower the price"!!!!!!

Footin'...you know James all to well, Isn't it time for you to buy something new!!!!! I'll personally deliver it to you.

DonMunro
02-27-2008, 11:14 AM
Just curious--what kind of cover is on your boat?

Sodar
02-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I never heard Sodar say that.:D

That is because Monte is putting words in my mouth!

jkski
02-27-2008, 12:00 PM
Just curious--what kind of cover is on your boat?

The cover for the boat is custom made from what I believe is Sunbrella material. There are snaps that are hidden up under the rub rail, and they only go into the rub rail, not into the fiberglass. The cover is cut-out around the tower legs and has velcro to keep it closed, then a drawstring at the top to cinch it down tight to avoid any possible water leakage. It is a gray cover with 3 poles providing lift and it looks new as the boat generally sits on a covered lift with a different cover on it that goes down to the water.

Hope this helps.

JerryS
02-27-2008, 01:07 PM
Make sure you throw it on ski-it-again.com and onlyinboards.com. Both of those sites are free of charge and get a lot of traffic. You can also put a post on thewaterskiforum.com.

Good luck selling your boat. I bought my 06' from Chris, Kim, Debbie, James and the gang at BHM. They've been absolutely great to deal with. Congrats on your 08'

Jerry

jkski
02-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Make sure you throw it on ski-it-again.com and onlyinboards.com. Both of those sites are free of charge and get a lot of traffic. You can also put a post on thewaterskiforum.com.

Good luck selling your boat. I bought my 06' from Chris, Kim, Debbie, James and the gang at BHM. They've been absolutely great to deal with. Congrats on your 08'

Jerry

Jerry,
Thanks, and I agree, they are a great group of very knowledgable people who really care for the needs of their customers.....that's why we buy from them!!!
The 08 will hit the water as soon as the weather breaks/ice thaws!!!

Ric
02-27-2008, 05:52 PM
I listed a ski on ski it again and it sold quick. Don't know about the others.

east tx skier
02-27-2008, 05:53 PM
Which ski did you sell, Ric?

Ric
02-27-2008, 06:24 PM
the big one. HO triumph if memory serves me right. It had 2 sets on it. someone got a bargain!

André
02-27-2008, 06:28 PM
the big one. HO triumph if memory serves me right. It had 2 sets on it. someone got a bargain!
Sticking to the Monza?:confused:
Not a very forgiving ski in my mind...and hard to set up right.
Have you been out yet?

Ric
02-27-2008, 06:50 PM
Sticking to the Monza?:confused:
Not a very forgiving ski in my mind...and hard to set up right.
Have you been out yet? long story. I have not skiid the monza in a year but damn it is a fast ski. Youre right about the setup, I figured Id have to spend a ton of time with it to get it right... I put it away for the winter in 06 and never skiid it in 07 because my trusty vengeance is juuuuust right for my lazyass.
The monza amazed me with speed and I know it's a good ski so I have not gotten rid of it, but I am not ready to get back on it yet:o

Ric
02-28-2008, 12:19 PM
so has the world record holding 197 sold yet jkski?

east tx skier
02-28-2008, 12:52 PM
long story. I have not skiid the monza in a year but damn it is a fast ski. Youre right about the setup, I figured Id have to spend a ton of time with it to get it right... I put it away for the winter in 06 and never skiid it in 07 because my trusty vengeance is juuuuust right for my lazyass.
The monza amazed me with speed and I know it's a good ski so I have not gotten rid of it, but I am not ready to get back on it yet:o

The monza was the first ski I have ever tinkered with and it didn't take me long at all to get it just how I liked it. I set the fin to stock and played with the boots a bit. I made one fin adjustment to get more angle out of my off side turn and absolutely loved the results. I haven't touched the fin since then, even after putting the Wiley boots on there.

Ric
02-28-2008, 01:09 PM
did I mention the monza bucked me out the front 3 or 4 times in that late fall 06 32mph/22off run? I hurt for 2 weeks after that but DAMN that ski was fast!

jkski
02-28-2008, 05:32 PM
so has the world record holding 197 sold yet jkski?

Nope, she still is sitting in the garage nice and clean and ready for a new owner to take her away.
The boat is listed on boat trader, onlyinboards, ski it again and the dealers website, so as soon as our weather breaks a bit I am sure the phone will start ringing.......if not, looks like I've got 2 boats to run this year!!!

jkski
03-24-2008, 09:15 AM
Somebody is going to get a SMOKIN' DEAL.......I just dropped the price again, now it's below $34k for 2005 Loaded PS197. If you know anyone looking please let them know.

jkski
04-08-2008, 09:27 AM
So, it is still For Sale, although, it now has 301.5 hours on it as I skied it this past weekend.
Priced right now at $33,995 and have had 2 offers of $30k...
Somewhere in the middle will take it home, if you know of anyone looking!

Ric
04-08-2008, 10:10 AM
So, it is still For Sale, although, it now has 301.5 hours on it as I skied it this past weekend.
Priced right now at $33,995 and have had 2 offers of $30k...
Somewhere in the middle will take it home, if you know of anyone looking!
Well it looks like a nice boat and being in your area this past weekend, I say it's juuuust getting to the time of year where boats are gonna start sellin!

jkski
04-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Most of the calls we have gotten are from out of state and based upon everything else out there in terms of comparables, we are on the lower end. You are dead-on about the weather though, as we are finally seeing some sunny days and I actually saw 3 boats pass by on my way to the lake the other day (we were still the first ones in the water though!)
Next time you are in the area, drop me a line and we'll hit the lake!!!

Ric
04-08-2008, 11:02 AM
I was actually in detroit and toledo . dunno if you're allowed to ski it but the maumee was slick as glass saturday am outside my hotel room in toledo. Looks like some barges and those rowing teams are all that uses that part of the river.

jkski
04-08-2008, 11:13 AM
I think you can ski there. Our lake was about 40-42 degrees on Sunday...not too bad!

jkski
04-09-2008, 08:24 AM
The phone is starting to ring a bit more...the weather is getting nicer!!!

agua4fun
04-12-2008, 08:07 PM
I was actually in detroit and toledo . dunno if you're allowed to ski it but the maumee was slick as glass saturday am outside my hotel room in toledo. Looks like some barges and those rowing teams are all that uses that part of the river.

I usually ski in the maumee river in toledo. It is almost ALWAYS glass, and very few boats compared to most lakes. the problem - it is muddy, and some question how polluted it is. (its no wake between the bridges right downtown). My parents live (where my boat is) on the river about 4 miles west of toledo. Its fun to get a group out and boat downtown to watch a baseball game, or eat dinner.

jkski
04-20-2008, 05:38 PM
WELL....IT SOLD!!!
It took a bit longer than I thought and it went for less than what I had originally thought it would, but the boat now has a new owner.
Good luck to others out there selling.