PDA

View Full Version : Installing New Stereo System in 04 X-10

KS X-10
01-29-2008, 01:07 AM
This is one of my first posts. I have been reading all the forums for the past several months on here. There is so much good info.! Thanks to all.
I am getting ready to upgrade the sound system in my X-10, and if anyone has helpful tips ..... please throw them my way! I'm replacing the clarion system which consists of 2 clarion amps, 4 cabin speakers, 10" sub, 2 6.5" Tower speakers. and a clarion XMD3 Headunit.

Here is what i am planning on installing :

1. Clarion CMD5 Headunit along with Ipod interface and Sirius Sat radio
2. Wetsounds WS-420 EQ with seperate volume control for Tower spkrs, cabin spkrs, and Sub. and has a Talkback mic. also.
3. (3) Rockford Fosgate Amps : T600/4 for Cabin Speakers, T600/2 for Tower Speakers, and T400/4 for Sub.
4. (4) Wetsounds XS-650 6.5" Speakers in cabin
5. (2) Wetsounds Pro 80's for Tower Speakers
6. (1) Wetsounds XS-10FA Sub
7. adding Dual batt system, 2nd Battery which is a Kinetik HC1800
8. Hellroaring Isolator/combiner
9. Onboard battery charger/maintainer
10. And finally a Remote Auto Flag mounted on Tower! (I'm getting tired on telling kids to grab the flag!) This thing is the Best !!

I'm going to start installing in the next week or two. I've heard alot of good things about the wetsounds, so I'm excited and hope they sound good ! I will post some pictures once installed.

Matt

JBaker
01-29-2008, 01:29 AM
This is one of my first posts. I have been reading all the forums for the past several months on here. There is so much good info.! Thanks to all.
I am getting ready to upgrade the sound system in my X-10, and if anyone has helpful tips ..... please throw them my way! I'm replacing the clarion system which consists of 2 clarion amps, 4 cabin speakers, 10" sub, 2 6.5" Tower speakers. and a clarion XMD3 Headunit.

Here is what i am planning on installing :

1. Clarion CMD5 Headunit along with Ipod interface and Sirius Sat radio
2. Wetsounds WS-420 EQ with seperate volume control for Tower spkrs, cabin spkrs, and Sub. and has a Talkback mic. also.
3. (3) Rockford Fosgate Amps : T600/4 for Cabin Speakers, T600/2 for Tower Speakers, and T400/4 for Sub.
4. (4) Wetsounds XS-650 6.5" Speakers in cabin
5. (2) Wetsounds Pro 80's for Tower Speakers
6. (1) Wetsounds XS-10FA Sub
7. adding Dual batt system, 2nd Battery which is a Kinetik HC1800
8. Hellroaring Isolator/combiner
9. Onboard battery charger/maintainer
10. And finally a Remote Auto Flag mounted on Tower! (I'm getting tired on telling kids to grab the flag!) This thing is the Best !!

I'm going to start installing in the next week or two. I've heard alot of good things about the wetsounds, so I'm excited and hope they sound good ! I will post some pictures once installed.

Matt

Sounds like a killer set-up. I too have heard good things about the wet sounds, though never in person. I have the CMD5 and love it.

Kind of off-topic, but where are you in the midwest?

X-Aggie
01-29-2008, 01:40 PM
Sounds well thought out to me.

TX.X-30 fan
01-29-2008, 02:00 PM
2nd JBaker sounds like a kick a-- system. My only question would be the Alternator, stock or?????

prostar205
01-29-2008, 02:35 PM
Everything looks great but here is my only comment.

1) Why are you using a 4-channel (T400/4) amp for the sub? Why not a true sub amp like the T500-1bd?

chevy08bud
01-29-2008, 04:48 PM
I second what ps205 suggests, use a monoblock sub amp. You won't be dissapointed. I'm in KC, where are you?

KS X-10
01-29-2008, 05:27 PM
JBaker,

I'm from Kansas

KS X-10
01-29-2008, 05:50 PM
I second what ps205 suggests, use a monoblock sub amp. You won't be dissapointed. I'm in KC, where are you?

I'm from Oakley KS.

That is a Good Question. i see your point . I was thinking the 4 channel because at first i will only have the one sub and bridged would have 200w to it. but if its not enough i could add another sub on the other side of that 4ch amp. I don't have that amp yet ... should i consider another option? i would want an amp with 200-250w/ch to push sub.

And yes I still have stock 70amp Alternator. I'm not sure yet if its big enough or not. I will have starting battery and isolator and then Good Aux battery for stereo. I don't plan on having engine off and stereo on for 3-4 hrs at a time. more likely for 30-45 mins while playing in water then back up to wakeboarding for an hour where it could be charging.... Do ya think 70 amp Alt. is big enough for the Job?

Thanks for your help.!!

chevy08bud
01-29-2008, 08:48 PM
Wow, you are clear out in BFE. I do see your point with possibly wanting to add another sub, not a bad idea to plan for the future. As far as the alternator goes, I'd definately try to go with a higher amp one if you could. You could see if there are any shops around where you live that could rebuild the one that is currently on your boat to get higher output from it. I'd be looking at least 105 amp or higher. Post pics of your install when you get underway.

KS X-10
01-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Wow, you are clear out in BFE. I do see your point with possibly wanting to add another sub, not a bad idea to plan for the future. As far as the alternator goes, I'd definately try to go with a higher amp one if you could. You could see if there are any shops around where you live that could rebuild the one that is currently on your boat to get higher output from it. I'd be looking at least 105 amp or higher. Post pics of your install when you get underway.

Having someone rebuild to higher amperage....didn't think of that. thought i would have to buy a new 100 amp alt. I'll check that out. thanks... I'll be sure to post some pictures.

ksmaristar91
01-30-2008, 08:29 AM
Oakley, wow! I am a grad from Fort Hays, so i know some cats from Oakley......You must hit wilson alot, not much water elsewhere out that way. I make one or two trips out that way myself. Dont know where you are getting all of your equip, but i used to be an installer at Regal Audio in Hays, and my godsons dad owns Xibit customs in Hays, just a couple of places, for odds and ends if you need them, pm me and i will get you in contact with Troy.

OhioProstar
01-30-2008, 08:50 AM
If you upgrade your alternator, you will want to upgrade your main breaker. As it is probably paired up with the 70 amps you already have.

KS X-10
01-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Oakley, wow! I am a grad from Fort Hays, so i know some cats from Oakley......You must hit wilson alot, not much water elsewhere out that way. I make one or two trips out that way myself. Dont know where you are getting all of your equip, but i used to be an installer at Regal Audio in Hays, and my godsons dad owns Xibit customs in Hays, just a couple of places, for odds and ends if you need them, pm me and i will get you in contact with Troy.

Yeah, I'm getting my stuff from Regal in Hays! they have been good so far. giving me good deal on it since buying 3amps,wire, Rca,Distblock and breakers from them.

ksmaristar91
01-31-2008, 08:35 AM
Cool. I bought my two JL marine amps from them, and love them. Have always had rockford in my vehicles.

ttu
01-31-2008, 09:04 AM

that is to funny. learned to ski on wilson lake along with kanopolis back in the mid 70's:)

auburn buck
02-03-2008, 12:01 PM
Do you have a reference where to get? I googled and could not find any commercial refernce to this.

kskib046
02-03-2008, 04:44 PM
I have the following already, you will love them! I will say you probably don't *need* more than a 70 amp alt or the extra battery unless you are sitting at the sand bar for hours. But I do turn off my cabin and sub amps when I'm there. I might put in a low voltage cut out just to be safe because I don't want to mess around with two batteries.

T600/4 for the Cabin Speakers
T600/2 for the Tower Speakers

(4) Wetsounds XS-650 6.5" Speakers in cabin
(2) Wetsounds Pro 80's for Tower Speakers

KS X-10
02-11-2008, 05:59 PM
I have the following already, you will love them! I will say you probably don't *need* more than a 70 amp alt or the extra battery unless you are sitting at the sand bar for hours. But I do turn off my cabin and sub amps when I'm there. I might put in a low voltage cut out just to be safe because I don't want to mess around with two batteries.

T600/4 for the Cabin Speakers
T600/2 for the Tower Speakers

(4) Wetsounds XS-650 6.5" Speakers in cabin
(2) Wetsounds Pro 80's for Tower Speakers

I am going to have a dual battery system with isolator . 1 main batt. for starting and 1 Aux. battery just for stereo = Kinetik (81AH) Battery

If I have what you have (T600/2 & T600/4) plus a T400/2 for Sub ....Do you think I have enough battery for running stereo with engine off for an hour? Or do ya think I might need to have (2) Aux. batteries and 1 main batt.?

And Will my stock 70Amp Alternotor be able to charge my batteries and keep up with stereo when engine is Running?

I called Rockford Fosgate today they said my current draw on those 3 amps would be 200A. that seems like alot. if thats the case my 80AH Aux. battery would only last 30 mins. with engine off. And you shouldn't really run your battery down below 50% on a daily basis right?

whats the Best Solution?

ksmaristar91
02-11-2008, 06:13 PM
In my set up i did 3 blue top batteries, 2 for the stereo, one all the time cranking. it was easy and did not require a isolator, got the info from the dual batttery thread on this site, nice small relay and add your batteries, no switches and always a battery to start. I also would add a cap, if you arent already.

bigD142375
05-27-2012, 01:36 PM
Will the sub go in a ported or sealed box. If so where would this be placed

bzettler83
05-28-2012, 04:51 PM
Twin blue top optimas in my last boat, we could sit for 3+ hours without issue... I don't remember the exact set up but three Rockford amps, 2 rockford marine subs, rockford 8inch marine speakers in cabin, Rockford 6 inch marine speakers in the tower.