PDA

View Full Version : Last Will

Ben
01-27-2008, 10:06 PM
Any pros / cons to buying one of the $15-$40 do it yourself will software packages vs. paying $500+ for a layer to do it? Finally getting around to something we should have done a bit ago (new year's resolution)...

stuartmcnair
01-27-2008, 10:17 PM
not if it is simple...no business partnerships or shared interest in properties

Ski-me
01-27-2008, 10:20 PM
Any pros / cons to buying one of the $15-$40 do it yourself will software packages vs. paying $500+ for a layer to do it? Finally getting around to something we should have done a bit ago (new year's resolution)...

Definitely get it done! Especially if you are married and have kids. As far as which one....it really depends on your net worth and how complicated your estate is. We personally went with a separate attorney who wrote up the paperwork. A financial person I listen to A Lot is Dave Ramsey. He has a discount for establishing your Will with US Legal forms.com. You can get everything taken care of for $15.

http://www.uslegalforms.com/dave/?auslf=daveramsey

I would at least do the $15 one and if you find you want a more specific one, you can always redo it with an attorney later.

While your at it, get some term life insurance. Cheap and it will help protect you or your wife if something happens. Ours is old but we pay $69/month for 2-$500k policies. I think now they are even lower. Again, check on daveramsey.com and click on his Zander insurance link.

I feel much better for my family having these done. Good luck!