PDA

View Full Version : Van Halen-Dallas

Aric'sX15
01-27-2008, 07:23 PM
Any one go last night??
I did. it was bad@$$!!!!!
David Lee Roth was awesome, and it was Eddie's 53rd birthday!
Had an awesome time.

h2oskifreak
01-27-2008, 09:06 PM
Glad to hear, I am going Friday in Denver. Can't wait.

RK@UST
01-27-2008, 09:23 PM
this will probably piss some people off, and I am 49 years old , so it's not like I dont remember the original VH, but I would buy tickets if Sammy was the lead singer. Not going to go with this venue.
Of course I am also an old Montrose fan, and obviously a Sammy fan.
That was my fave VH days.

h2oskifreak
01-27-2008, 09:41 PM
VanHalen is David Lee. I went when Sammy sang, so I guess I will have to let you know after Friday. I do like their original (DLR) songs better, Sammy is good but VanHalen is David Lee in my opinion. I hope David Lee can keep it together at least until Saturday for our sake.

kev88
01-27-2008, 09:52 PM
Going to see them in Atlanta in 2 weeks!!

The 5150 tour was my first concert - although I've seen Dave solo, never seen him with the band.

Can't wait!

JLeuck64
01-27-2008, 10:21 PM
Wife and I caught their show at the Rose Garden when they were in Portland last month. The crowd stood up as soon as they started playin and never sat down. If you have never seen DLR sing lead before you owe it to yourself to go check them out.

Jerseydave
01-27-2008, 10:28 PM
The wife and I saw them in Philly back in October.............AWESOME!!

Roth doesn't have as much "spring" in his step, but the voice is still there, sans some of the high screams.:D

Eddie's playing, especially during his guitar solo alone is worth the price of admission (which for me was $155 per ticket)!
Check them out, who knows it may be your last time!

06' X-2 R8R H8R
01-27-2008, 10:59 PM
I saw them in San Jose, David Lee Roth is GAY.... Van Halen was ok. Dont get me wrong Eddie is one of the best guitarist and Alex is on the drums. Wolfgang was allright but not the Michael Anthony of bass. SAMMY HAGAR made that band for what it is today. I liked all the old stuff and always will, but again Sam IS the shart. All I can say is that Dave is gay and proud. Let him go.....

kev88
02-11-2008, 09:32 AM
Saw the Atlanta show last night. Awesome! Will go again if I get the chance! You would've thought it was opening night, arena was packed and V.H. was pretty much flawless!

ridesdirt
02-11-2008, 09:40 AM
Since this post is stricktly about opinion....

The only real VH is with DLR. period.

I do like Sammy Hagar, he is much better without VH.

kev88
02-11-2008, 09:50 AM

I agree.

Dave was great! He was low key, didn't talk too much (but still Dave) and the band pumped out vintage hit after hit. Both Eddie and Dave are in good shape. I think one of the driving forces behind this reunion was so Eddie could perform with his son. It's obvious once you see the show. I highly recommend it!

BrianM
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
I was going to go to the New Orleans show last Friday but the tickets I could have gotten (a month before) were lame and still $100 so I skipped it. Probably should have gone anyway. I love VH. Saw them three times with Sammy and the never disappointed.

How were the backup vocals without Mike Anthony?

Jim@BAWS
02-11-2008, 10:31 AM
8 of us are going this next Mon 2/18 here in Tampa.

lookin foward to it

Jim@BAWS

shepherd
02-11-2008, 01:22 PM

Ditto. Their first two albums were their best.

kev88
02-11-2008, 02:31 PM
How were the backup vocals without Mike Anthony?

Back up vocals sounded fine. Don't know if it's true but I read they were using recorded tracks of Michael for backup...if so I could not hear it. It also read some early reviews that Dave couldn't hit the high stuff anymore....that was not the case last night.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Sammy makes that band COMPLETE......PERIOD. And with the absence of Micheal (now with Sammy) the background was not that good. Come on people.

BrianM
02-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Micheal (now with Sammy) . I read this a while back. I have seen Sammy and the Woboritas twice and they were absolutely amazing. Sammy always seems like he is having the best time ever and seems to really appreciate his fans. Just seems like a really nice guy. Next time they come through I am definitely going to have to check him out again now that Mike is playing with him.

I like classic Dave VH but I am a HUGE Van Hagar fan. Although it is nice to have the original VH touring and still have Sammy around by himself.

06' X-2 R8R H8R
02-11-2008, 04:31 PM
Ok I'll agree with that one....My personal opinion of DLR is that he plays the opposite side of the fence and needs to come out of the closet.

kev88
02-11-2008, 04:49 PM
Sammy makes that band COMPLETE......PERIOD. And with the absence of Micheal (now with Sammy) the background was not that good. Come on people.

I like Sammy and grew up on Van-Hagar. However, without DLR laying some of the original ground work there would'nt have been a band for "Sammy to make complete".......

Yellow X9
02-11-2008, 07:58 PM

I'd have to agree with ya +2

h2oskifreak
02-12-2008, 01:27 AM
Went last week in Denver. I thought it was good, but not great. They did crank out hit after hit but it seemed a little (and it was) like a reunion tour. Eddie's guitar solo was 16 min. long and to me was the highlight of the show. Dave & Eddie are in shape. Dave did 3 spinning kicks and that's not too bad for a 55 y/o. His voice is still there, but waned at the end. Jump was the worst and I think the rest were B- to B+ with a A thown in here and there.

tex
02-12-2008, 05:54 PM

Go listen to There's Only One Way To Rock on a Sammy CD and then listent to Eddie rip it up on the VH version!

Jim@BAWS
02-19-2008, 12:25 AM
Well..just got home from the Tampa SHOW. I don't know who thinks that EVH does'ny have it anymore HOLLY CRAP What a show. Alex's DRUM solo was awesome. They played everything. Dave did ICECREAM MAN. Eddie's solo prior to ERUPTION was unforgetable. The things he does with a guitar are like no one else. Took the first couple of songs to dial on the sound and balance. Dave did his HIGH KICK a dozen times or so.

It was worth it

Jim@BAWS

kev88
02-19-2008, 08:13 AM
Glad you liked it Jim! If they come close to us again we are going a 2nd time!