PDA

View Full Version : Can't view pictures

JohnE
01-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Can any of you computer gurus help me out? About half the time I can't view the pictures in the threads from my laptop. For example, this morning I went to the CSM thread and saw the post from TMC1 with the picture of the back of the boat. I go back a page to read the other posts and when I get back to the post with the picture, it doesn't show up. A few minutes later after I post, I can see the picture again. It's allways been this way. Any help will be appreciated.

TMCNo1
01-27-2008, 08:59 AM
I've had the same problem from time to time, like with WFT's car show pics. They take a few seconds to load on the screen, but once you've finally viewed them all, they are there any other time. I dunno! Maybe, just talk sweet to the computer, like you do the wifey and it'll do what you ask, works for me!

trickskier
01-27-2008, 09:06 AM
Can any of you computer gurus help me out? About half the time I can't view the pictures in the threads from my laptop. For example, this morning I went to the CSM thread and saw the post from TMC1 with the picture of the back of the boat. I go back a page to read the other posts and when I get back to the post with the picture, it doesn't show up. A few minutes later after I post, I can see the picture again. It's allways been this way. Any help will be appreciated.
Try opening your EYES................. 31072

TMCNo1
01-27-2008, 09:13 AM

That's funny, I don't care who ya are!

JohnE
01-27-2008, 09:15 AM

I tried that. I even tried closing one eye which ususally does the trick.;)

TMCNo1
01-27-2008, 09:22 AM
I'll see ya'll this evening! Gotta go get ready to go see my little buddy this morning. She's already called this morning and said, " Paw Paw, jabber, jabber, jabber", which means, "Get your lard azz down here and play with me, I'm waiting, you ain't here yet?"

JohnE
01-27-2008, 09:26 AM
I'll see ya'll this evening! Gotta go get ready to go see my little buddy this morning. She's already called this morning and said, " Paw Paw, jabber, jabber, jabber", which means, "Get your lard azz down here and play with me, I'm waiting, you ain't here yet?"

See if she knows what is wrong with my computer.:D

TMCNo1
01-27-2008, 09:35 AM
See if she knows what is wrong with my computer.:D

:uglyhamme

trickskier
01-27-2008, 09:38 AM
I tried that. I even tried closing one eye which ususally does the trick.;)
ROTFLMAO................Sorry John, you set yourself up for that one........8p

TX.X-30 fan
01-27-2008, 10:26 AM
Clear your cookies, log off then log back in manually. By clearing your temp file you will have to log back in manually anyway. Not a guru but its easy and worth a try.

JohnE
01-27-2008, 12:17 PM
Clear your cookies, log off then log back in manually. By clearing your temp file you will have to log back in manually anyway. Not a guru but its easy and worth a try.

Thanks, I'll try that.

JohnE
01-29-2008, 07:37 PM

OK. Tried that and it didn't work. For a little more explanation, I posted a pic in the prostar thread. The pic doesn't appear when I view the thread from my laptop. I posted it from the laptop. I go to my pc and the pic is there.:confused: :confused:

Gotta be someone out there who can help. I'm gonna keep bumping this thread until someone figures it out for me.;)

Workin' 4 Toys
01-29-2008, 10:49 PM
Can you see something here??

Workin' 4 Toys
01-29-2008, 10:52 PM
How about here??? Do you see an image below??
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/Made-in-the-USA/stuff/24s1.jpg

Workin' 4 Toys
01-29-2008, 10:57 PM
How about this one?? Can you see anything??
http://i220.photobucket.com/albums/dd222/Made-in-the-USA/stuff/24s1-1.jpg

JohnE
01-30-2008, 12:59 PM
WFT, I can see the picture in all 3 posts. I'll revisit later since sometimes what happens is next time viewing thread, pics are gone.

JohnE
02-08-2008, 09:11 AM
OK,

If anyone has any idea's, I can't view Sodar's pic in post #4:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21483

TMCNo1
02-08-2008, 09:25 AM
OK,

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21483

Can you see it in this post?

milkmania
02-08-2008, 09:26 AM
OK,

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=21483 popped right up for me.......

try this
go to the smoker thread and see if you see my brisket pics...
they are large images

and I also poted pics at the build your own lake thread

is the laptop on dial-up or, mobile phone, or high speed connection?

there is a setting n Internet Explorer to "do not display images"
but, you won't get ANY images.

also, you might try Mozilla Firefox as an internet browser and see what the difference is........ my opinion: FireFox is a far superior browser anyway!

I have gotten into situations where something didn't display in Internet Explorer and it displayed in FireFox...... but it was typically a video or something like that.

Monte
02-08-2008, 09:47 AM
I can't see anything................. but bling WFT....

JohnE
02-08-2008, 10:56 AM
Can you see it in this post?

Nope

JohnE
02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
popped right up for me.......

try this
go to the smoker thread and see if you see my brisket pics...
they are large images

and I also poted pics at the build your own lake thread

is the laptop on dial-up or, mobile phone, or high speed connection?

there is a setting n Internet Explorer to "do not display images"
but, you won't get ANY images.

also, you might try Mozilla Firefox as an internet browser and see what the difference is........ my opinion: FireFox is a far superior browser anyway!

I have gotten into situations where something didn't display in Internet Explorer and it displayed in FireFox...... but it was typically a video or something like that.

Internet is either wireless router through cable modem or verizon air card. I use both, but can't find a correlation between not seeing pic's and internet connection.

I will look into FireFox.

I'm going to go to the threads you mentioned.

Trickskier had some ideas, I've been meaning to call him, but don't think of it until I can't see something..

edit: I can see the pics in the smoker and ski lake thread. I can see all pics from my pc, but not my laptop. When I right click properties on Sodar's pic it ends in "php". When I right click the pics that I can see from my laptop they ended in "jpeg" or "jpg" (I don't exactly remember). Any thoughts with that info?

edit again: WFT's pic ended in "php" so that doesn't answer anything since I can see his pics.

I don't have a clue.............

JohnE
08-19-2008, 08:53 PM
BUMP........

If anyone has any insight, I still can't see a lot of pic's in the threads.

But..........If I quote a post with a picture that I can't see and I preview my quoted post I'll see something that says [attachment xxxxx]............Then I click on the attachement and viola I see the pic.

Again, any thoughts will be appreciated.

Gonzo
08-19-2008, 09:08 PM
Go go user CP (top left)
look to left
click edit options
scroll about half way down and make sure the "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" box is checked.

thats all I have got, and you probably already did that.

JohnE
08-19-2008, 09:13 PM
Go go user CP (top left)
look to left
click edit options
scroll about half way down and make sure the "Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)" box is checked.

thats all I have got, and you probably already did that.

Yup. Already tried that to no avail. But thank you for the reply.

TMCNo1
08-19-2008, 09:46 PM
Don't feel bad, I lost all images on Firefox and I have since gone back to IE7, but I have to log on everytime I cut wind!:rolleyes::D