PDA

View Full Version : 98 30th Anniversary Overhaul

Jim@BAWS
01-25-2008, 11:14 PM
http://www.tmcowners.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=2571&cat=500&ppuser=2572

I don't know if any of you have followed the story of this boat over the last couple of years. And I hope that Jay does not mind me posting. I have linked all Jay's photos up top. He drove all the way from Oregon to Tampa ( Bay Area WaterSports Old Location almost 18 months ago)
to pick up this 30th Anniversary. He had an accident with the just after getting it home. Hit a submerged log in a river. Any other inboard would have been totaled. Review the photos, all 54 of them and leave your comments. Jay is a great guy and passionate about his 30th Anniversary. That boat would have been a true loss in the MC family if Jay did not bring her back to life ! GREAT JOB JAY !!!

Jim@BAWS

erkoehler
01-26-2008, 12:29 AM
Must have been one hell of a log! Nice job on the repair though:D

east tx skier
01-26-2008, 12:38 AM
What a labor of love. Glad he wasn't hurt too badly.

TOO-TALL
01-26-2008, 01:09 AM
WOW!!!!!

Those before shots make me sick.....But it looks like everything turned out great in the end..Glad he wasn't hurt to bad.........Awesome boat.

I love the graphics on that boat...Now why couldn't mastercraft do something like that for the 40th.Don't get me wrong the 40 is nice but, it is to bass boat looking with the sparkle glecoat.

03 35th Anniversary
01-26-2008, 01:36 PM
Good to see it go restored.

Nice boat. I always liked that scheme.....

JLeuck64
01-26-2008, 04:39 PM
Thanks guys,

The day I walked off the river I took one last look down at my boat, beached on the shoreline with my blood all over the interior...

At that moment I didn't particularly care if I ever saw it again...

They say time heals all wounds and I am glad I finally decided to fix it because that whole project did help me with the healing process.

Besides, It's gotta last me until MC comes out with the 60th anniversary model.
HA!

roddydog
01-26-2008, 06:08 PM
Wow!! What a trip. That is an amazing job!! Also glad no one was hurt too bad.

Besides, Chicks dig facial scars!!:D (at least I hope yours does)

trickskier
01-26-2008, 06:56 PM
Great Job Jay congratulations!!! :D

JohnnyB
01-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Jay, great job and beautiful boat.

I absolutely love the blue engine, tranny, etc.

That must've been a hell of an impact to pull the bell housing off the engine.

I've had some minor dings to my boat that made me sick.....that would've been hell.

I'd rather not hear about the accident, but would like to hear about how strangers helped you out in the aftermath.....

Thanks for sharing