PDA

View Full Version : Throttle handle stop

mrprostar
01-25-2008, 02:06 PM
Since this is my first MC I keep finding things that seem odd and ask myself "is that normal?" Here's another one. The throttle handle goes all the way until it hits the arm rest looking thing. I thought it was weird that it traveled so far. Obviously it stops revving up at a certain point. Is there supposed to be a throttle stop on the handle somewhere?

OhioProstar
01-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Your throttle body has a stop, but there is also set screw on the throttle cable housing that is adjustable. It should be set just below the engine redline at WOT. I think the normal adjustment would leave the throttle around 90 degrees from neutral. JimN or one of the engine Jedi Masters can probably give you a more accurate adjustment.

fatladysingin
05-20-2008, 11:56 PM
Since this is my first MC I keep finding things that seem odd and ask myself "is that normal?" Here's another one. The throttle handle goes all the way until it hits the arm rest looking thing. I thought it was weird that it traveled so far. Obviously it stops revving up at a certain point. Is there supposed to be a throttle stop on the handle somewhere?

Me too. 03 x9. From straight up neutral it goes forward about 45 deg to go into gear, idle forward. Then it goes another 90 deg to WOT, or about 135 deg from straight up. So at WOT it is pointed down at your feet. I thought that weird. But it starts pulling the throttle right away after you put it in gear so I always thought if I adjusted it the throttle would open when putting in gear, not good.:(