PDA

View Full Version : Add-On Board Racks for 2007 Tower

SteveO
01-24-2008, 10:48 PM
Looking for suggestions on an additional set or sets of board racks for my X2. If anyone has added a pair to a 07 or 08, post up some pics and your thoughts. Leaning toward Monster at this time as they are easily removable when you have a small crew riding.

Eagle Lake Rebel
01-25-2008, 09:22 PM
Put a set of Monster racks on the front tubes of my 07 X30. You have to use two differen't size adapter bushings on each side to get a tight fit. They do work & grip the tower tubes tightly when mismatching the bushings. Still playing around with the location so my view isn't blocked by wakeboards. If you put the racks to low on the tube you will snag the trailer guide posts when the boat is taken off/on the trailer. If you need photo's let me know.

Jerseydave
01-26-2008, 09:16 AM
Look at the Fusion "I-series" board racks available at www.buywake.com
I think I'm getting an extra set of them for my X-star, mounting them to the rear tower legs.

My friend has the monster racks, but they get loose and rotate while driving in rough water. Maybe they are better now, these are older.

Eagle Lake Rebel
01-26-2008, 10:34 AM
The way the legs are made on the '05 Xstar are perfect to add racks because of holes in them. A friend of mine added a set to his '05 and they bolted right up (not sure of the brand). Problem with the '07 & '08 legs is that they are solid and would have to be drilled. Monster did not make a mount to go around the extra large Xstar tubing last year. They might now.