PDA

View Full Version : Wakeboard Choices

Liquidforce214
08-08-2004, 01:18 AM
I just got into wakeboarding about a week ago and was wondering what kind of board i should get .Im about 165 lbs. I've ridden a hyperlite parks 143 and it felt good. but i would like a board for a little less money than that one.my budget is about $345 for a board...any suggestions?

TTAdmin
08-08-2004, 10:41 AM
Since you are 165lbs I might stick with a smaller board - such as a 136-138cm. A 143cm would be more than you need. The only downside is that if you are young you might out grow it within a few years. But this might not be an issue for you if you plan on buying a new board every other year or so...

I've been on the Parks and thought it had a "mind of its own". There a ton of other boards out there and I recommend riding as many of them as you can before you drop that amount of cash on a board.

Since it's close to the end of the season you will start to see most of the online retailers (buywake, wakeside, etc) start to offer the '04's at discount rates. I would hold out for that or check out Ebay. I purchased my first board on Ebay and you kind find great deals on there. There are people all over who want the newest model every year and put their old one up for sale for cheap. Just be patient...

Also..get a good, comfortable pair of bindings even if you have to spend some extra $$. You will thank yourself later.

If you liked the Parks try the TFD, Premier, Temet, or an old Belmont out.

NeilM
08-23-2004, 12:41 AM
I agree with TTADMIN - find a used Belmont around 140cm - try ebay

CTPJ
08-23-2004, 02:11 PM
Check out http://www.glassandpowder.com/ they have some great 2004 closeout pricing. I just purchased a TFD 142 DNA for under $300. Great deck! They have the TFD Biolite for under $250 (I think). As a slolom skier I would highly recommend it.

USSDefiant
09-03-2004, 08:54 AM
Begin Transmission Command Defiant

If you are just learning the Hyperlite Fluid 137 or 139 would be a good choice. I dont think Ive ever ridden a more stable user frindly board.
I ride a 04 Byerly most of the time but I go back to my 97 fluid to learn something on. It seems to help me stick landings that would normally wipe me out if I was on the Byerly. I dont know if I can help on bindings other than to recomend you try on every pair you can get your hands on. hopefully you can find some you find comfortable.
Its pretty hard to concentrate on riding when all your thinking is, Damn my feet hurt! :twocents: