PDA

View Full Version : Outlook express question

kycat2007
01-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Hey fellow tt members. I use outlook express for my personal email as my companies VPN is set up to recieve the email thru Outlook.

Yesterday it was all good then I came in after a jog and m address book was not there. I rebooted it and then it wll not open emails now. I can read and recieve them in the lower box unless they have attachments. I have not had any other issues with other programs. I tried to import the contact directory and that failed as well.

I think at one time I was told not to upgrade to ie7. Maybe security issues? Any ideas on what is happening?

Thanks

east tx skier
01-24-2008, 01:36 PM
We don't run IE7 at our office and are running outlook xp. All is well there.

stuartmcnair
01-24-2008, 02:19 PM
you might need to uninstall IE7 and go back to 6. Try downgrading the browser and see if that corrects the problem. You also need to check your update history to see what updates came down automatically over the last few days.

If that does not work you can try searching for a backup copy of your outlook express files and restoring those.

kycat2007
01-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Yea I dont have ie7 just because outlook express says it is 6. I may try to download it again to see if that works