PDA

View Full Version : Need sugestions for audio...

Lennyp04
01-23-2008, 05:40 PM
Well the X-1 doesn't have any audio in right now. My dad and I have planned to put some sweet stuff in this spring so the water will be thumping by the boat. Basically I need suggestions for inside speakers. I really love how the stock MC speakers look however if theres something more powerful that would be sweet.

Suggestions for:

4 Speakers
1 subwoofer
1 amp
1 head unit

Note: This isn't for tower speakers. Those will most likely end up being the stock JL's that come on the MC's.

Thanks
-Lenny

Jerseydave
01-23-2008, 07:31 PM
I love my stock JL system in the X-star (6 JL's with one sub) I think Boston Acoustics and Infiniti are good too.

I also have the JL's on the tower (4) and they sound great........................however Wetsounds and NVS speakers get high, high praise from the people that have them. Supposedly they are the best speakers that actually "throw" sound back to the rider. You may want to listen to those before you buy your tower speakers. My buddy just got Wetsounds for his X-1 and will have it together by spring if you want to check it out.

Does your dad want to crank-up some Jimmy Buffet?? :D

onlyinboards
01-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Hit me up if you are interested in NVS, I'll hook up the tmcowners with a discount. As far as the complete set up, it all depends on how much money you want to spend. These boat systems can really get up there in price!

Lennyp04
01-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Well my dad is more of and Eagles and old Rock and Roll guy but I'm sure I could throw some Buffet on the iphone. I want a system that won't break the bank but will still sound amazing! I love how the JL's look and we got quoted about 2500 for all the inside audio. The JL tower speakers with the cans are around 1770 for 2 which is alot but you gotta love how they look.

Jerseydave
01-24-2008, 07:44 PM
JL's with the speaker cans do look great, but the Wetsounds look cool too. For just a bit less than 2 JL's with cans, you can get 2 set of the Wetsounds pro485's (that's 4 speakers, 8" with (2) horn drivers.) I can't wait to hear them on my friends' X-1.

www.wetsounds.com

tbd01
01-24-2008, 11:22 PM
Lenny,
dude look at all the wet sounds stuff, they make boat and tower speakers, talk about amazing, I have the pro 485 and 2 pro 80's they are unbeatable, IMHO