PDA

View Full Version : Texas A&M wakeboard team

JoshBuzz
01-23-2008, 01:06 AM
So we had our first meeting of the semester tonight, and it seems we are looking for some more sponsors, so I thought I'd turn to you all in hopes of finding other MasterCraft owners to sponsor us!

We are looking for full time sponsors as well as competition sponsors to throw a few free things our way that we can raffle off to make money for the team for our trip to nationals!

anyone looking to increase business, and you think you're company could benefit from getting their name out in the Wake Community let me know!!

We are poor college kids, so even a discount on stuff would be great, we love to spend the little money we've got on booze and boats, and would love to support fellow MC'ers!!

As of now we're sponsored by Houston Mastercraft, Wake-Space.com, wetsounds, and UGP.

all of them offer a 25% discount, except UndergroundProducts, we get 50-60% off from them.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Josh

If you wanna help us travel to nationals, in Boulder, CO, donations are welcome as well!!

:D

KnoxX2
01-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Get some college girls together and do a car wash:D

That should bring in some money :cool:

Farmer Ted
01-23-2008, 08:31 AM
So we had our first meeting of the semester tonight, and it seems we are looking for some more sponsors, so I thought I'd turn to you all in hopes of finding other MasterCraft owners to sponsor us!

We are looking for full time sponsors as well as competition sponsors to throw a few free things our way that we can raffle off to make money for the team for our trip to nationals!

anyone looking to increase business, and you think you're company could benefit from getting their name out in the Wake Community let me know!!

We are poor college kids, so even a discount on stuff would be great, we love to spend the little money we've got on booze and boats, and would love to support fellow MC'ers!!

As of now we're sponsored by Houston Mastercraft, Wake-Space.com, wetsounds, and UGP.

all of them offer a 25% discount, except UndergroundProducts, we get 50-60% off from them.

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Josh

If you wanna help us travel to nationals, in Boulder, CO, donations are welcome as well!!

Josh,

shoot me the details of the logo you guys want, I'm on board

east tx skier
01-23-2008, 10:00 AM
Josh, how is your club set up to take donations? That is, what kind of organization is it? Is it affiliated with A&M officially?

ShamrockIV
01-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Get some college girls together and do a car wash:D

That should bring in some money :cool:

Car wash????

BOAT and Truck wash!!!!!!!!!!!!!

stuartmcnair
01-23-2008, 10:40 AM
get a logo done and I will buy one...I could also help with some gas money.

JoshBuzz
01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Josh, how is your club set up to take donations? That is, what kind of organization is it? Is it affiliated with A&M officially?

The club is affiliated directly with A&M, we're not just a bunch of kids claiming to be aggies, the paperwork is filed with the school officially, and the only thing we're lacking right now is a teacher sponsor because our sponsor jumped ship on us last semester. we are an official entity of A&M though, just like the ski team or any other athletic competing club!

As far as donations went, we are going to set up a pay pal account, and all donations will help cover the cost of going to nationals. we are trying to set a flat rate for everyone, so getting buses, hotels rooms and planning out food, so the money would be distributed evenly throughout the kids making the trip!

JoshBuzz
01-23-2008, 12:35 PM
Josh,

shoot me the details of the logo you guys want, I'm on board

Tim, I'm fixing to head to class, but I'll shoot you an e-mail later on when I get home. I've got the measurements on the explorer to, I totally went blank on those!!

Farmer Ted
01-23-2008, 12:37 PM
The club is affiliated directly with A&M, we're not just a bunch of kids claiming to be aggies, the paperwork is filed with the school officially, and the only thing we're lacking right now is a teacher sponsor because our sponsor jumped ship on us last semester. we are an official entity of A&M though, just like the ski team or any other athletic competing club!

As far as donations went, we are going to set up a pay pal account, and all donations will help cover the cost of going to nationals. we are trying to set a flat rate for everyone, so getting buses, hotels rooms and planning out food, so the money would be distributed evenly throughout the kids making the trip!

I'll hook you guys up with some fund raising stuff, just need a HUGE

NAD CUSTOM GRAPHICS
www.needadecal.com (http://www.needadecal.com)

plastered on the side of your boat (I'll provide that too):D

JoshBuzz
01-23-2008, 02:31 PM
haha, if you provide, we'll advertise!!

Tim, you've been more than willing to help with any project I've had, and made sweet decals for Houston MC, so if there is any way we can help you out, while you help us out, we'll do it!!!

east tx skier
01-23-2008, 04:05 PM

Sounds like a well organized setup. What about insurance? Does the university cover that or is it the club/members' responsibility? Not trying to pepper you with questions. I'm just curious how it's set up.

Farmer Ted
01-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Sounds like a well organized setup. What about insurance? Does the university cover that or is it the club/members' responsibility? Not trying to pepper you with questions. I'm just curious how it's set up.

it's all fun and games unitl a lawyer pipes in and bursts the bubble..........................:D

east tx skier
01-23-2008, 04:11 PM
Yeah, yeah. Really not my intent. I'm just curious how they handle it. I know he's talked to Raveryt, so all the details of running a club like this are before him.

JoshBuzz
01-23-2008, 05:29 PM
haha, I really appreciate easties questions, I know he's prying because he's looking out for our best interest!! Club dues cover the cost of liability insurance I believe, and each member has to have medical insurance. Liability insurance comes into effect on the team boat, there are two guys on the insurance, our president, and his roommate, and they have to be on the boat when we ride, not necessarily driving, but just on. Hope all this sounds right, I'm not up to date on all the insurance and things of the such!!

east tx skier
01-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I'm just curious as to the structure. A lot of ski clubs, or at least ours, works insurance through the AWSA. All club members are required to join the AWSA in addition to paying dues.

Rich_G
01-23-2008, 07:02 PM
Hey, I officially sponsor one of your team members. I help pay for tuition and food. I have bought him more than one wakeboard and several sets of bindings. Does this count? His name is Davis. I also get to take a small deduction on my taxes.

Btw everybody, these guys are good. It is a totally student organized and student run organization. The team placed 2nd in a Texas Collegiate tournament in the fall and they are headed to a national competition in California in the spring.

Jesus_Freak
01-23-2008, 07:10 PM
Threadjack: This brings up a question. My son is approaching college age, and is interested in a ski team. So...my question is....which college ski teams give scholarships for skiing? How good does the student have to be to be scholarship material?

JoshBuzz
01-23-2008, 07:27 PM
Howdy Mr. Griffin!

Davis and I are actually supposed to hang tonight when I get out of class!!

We had a meeting last night and come to find out, nationals got moved to Boulder, CO instead of Cali!!

Your sponsorship is the best kind, Davis is one of our best riders!!

Farmer Ted
01-23-2008, 07:42 PM
Threadjack: This brings up a question. My son is approaching college age, and is interested in a ski team. So...my question is....which college ski teams give scholarships for skiing? How good does the student have to be to be scholarship material?

Not sure about wakeboarding, but if he could probably get a ride at University of Louisiana Monroe or UL Lafeyette if he can run the course deep

east tx skier
01-23-2008, 09:35 PM
Not sure about wakeboarding, but if he could probably get a ride at University of Louisiana Monroe or UL Lafeyette if he can run the course deep

Monroe has a very good ski team. Long ago, there was a good WSM article about the best college ski teams.

tex
01-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Rollins, TAM, UT, Texas State, and Arizona State,

JKTX21
01-23-2008, 10:48 PM
Not being too far removed from the wake scene at Lake Bryan, I'd be happy to donate some money if you'd hook me up with a sticker!

east tx skier
01-23-2008, 10:51 PM
Check this out.

Link (http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j262/dnortonames/IMG_4140.jpg)

JoshBuzz
01-24-2008, 12:33 AM
JKTX, as soon as I get the new stickers from Farmer Ted, you'll be the first to get one!!

I need to set up a paypal account though, as soon as I get it set up I'll put it up!!

X-Aggie
01-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I've seen Davis board....needless to say I was impressed.

TMCNo1
01-24-2008, 12:33 PM

The AWSEF, American WaterSki Educational Foundation based in the same building with the WaterSki Hall of Fame and USA WaterSki, has a scholorship program that students can apply for that are skiing and are USA WaterSki members. Here is a link, http://www.aie.org/Scholarships/detail.cfm?ID=7611

TMCNo1
01-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Here is a link to the National Collegiate WaterSki Association and there should be a list of all the schools in all the regions that compete or contact USA WaterSki for the info, http://www.usawaterski.org/pages/divisions/collegiate/main.htm

Jesus_Freak
01-25-2008, 12:20 PM

OK, but at what line length?

Rollins, TAM, UT, Texas State, and Arizona State,

How good does one have to be?