PDA

View Full Version : Picture Posting Question?

Slinkyredfoot
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
I usually do not have a problem resizing pics to post here but I am having a bit of frustration tonight and hope some of you computer Gurus could help me..

I have saved some pics from an email, and have resized them to the std. 640x480 or whatever...try to upload them and the promp is "900KB exceeds forum's limit of 19.5KB".....they are resized propertly so what in the 4311 do I need to do to get these pics to post here???:confused:

Thanks for anyone's help...:D

Sodar
01-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Sounds like the images are in bmp format. You need to save them as jpegs.

Slinkyredfoot
01-22-2008, 09:06 PM
Sounds like the images are in bmp format. You need to save them as jpegs.

Okay Maharajah, thanks you but how do I do this????

WTRSK1R
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
Depending on what tool you are using to resize them, you should be able to select something like "save as" and then under the place where you type the file name in there should be a pull down to select a different format. I have also seen some editors that have a selection to "export" the file into another format. I think that is an Adobe thing, but I could be wrong.

Steve

Slinkyredfoot
01-22-2008, 10:09 PM
Depending on what tool you are using to resize them, you should be able to select something like "save as" and then under the place where you type the file name in there should be a pull down to select a different format. I have also seen some editors that have a selection to "export" the file into another format. I think that is an Adobe thing, but I could be wrong.

Steve

I have been told I am wrong and all wet to boot, my tool is "Photo Impact" and I got this nickname for a reason...:D

Thanks and I will try your suggestion....