PDA

View Full Version : No Brokeback Mountain 2

captain planet
01-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Heath Ledger was found dead about two hours ago in his appartment in N.Y. Drugs are the suspected cause. Sad, had a two year old daughter. :(

ShamrockIV
01-22-2008, 06:29 PM
Yep he and his wife had split up!!! my life looks better all the time!!!

Maristar210
01-22-2008, 08:09 PM
UMP's is busy now creating his audition tape

ShamrockIV
01-22-2008, 08:33 PM
kinda bad cracking on a guy that just killed himself that has a young daughter isn't it???

thijs
01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
Double post, sorry

thijs
01-22-2008, 08:40 PM
kinda bad cracking on a guy that just killed himself that has a young daughter isn't it???

Chalk it up to people dealing with grief in different ways.................?

TX.X-30 fan
01-22-2008, 08:43 PM
[QUOTE=ShamrockIV]Yep he and his wife had split up!!!

Had he been on to many "fishing trips" with UMP lately???? 31000

learjet2230
01-22-2008, 08:51 PM
Almost sounds like a River Phoenix repeat. Sad......God Bless.

tex
01-22-2008, 08:56 PM
Almost sounds like a River Phoenix repeat. Sad......God Bless.
What...he was outside the Viper Room on drugs?

roddydog
01-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Tragic is all that can be said.

DemolitionMan
01-23-2008, 01:01 PM
They said that he had been flying back and forth from England a lot and was having trouble sleeping. Great actor in the patriot and a knights tale I was disappointed that he played in broke back mountain. I wonder what will happen with the new batman.

kycat2007
01-23-2008, 01:04 PM
I think the Batman movie is already filmed so I would say a recast in probably out of the question.

DemolitionMan
01-23-2008, 01:43 PM
From what I have seen of the movie it looks like he did a good job.

ShamrockIV
01-23-2008, 02:48 PM
Yep real tragic.
give me a taste of that money and see if the same happens to me!!! Nope. Free MC's for everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

skeeler
01-23-2008, 03:07 PM
Tragic event great actor....in all of his roles. The real tragedy will be, since the new Batman is in the can, they will probably use his death as a marketing ploy.

ShamrockIV
01-23-2008, 03:17 PM
i agree skeeler!!! market it to death!!!!

justinlkgb
01-23-2008, 04:47 PM
I heard on siruis that the family had found out like the rest of us....through the media. :( That can't be easy to deal with. I thought The Patriot was an awesome role for him, surely he will be missed.

Lennyp04
01-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Was it ruled suicide?

sand2snow22
01-23-2008, 11:49 PM
NEW YORK - A massage therapist who discovered a lifeless Heath Ledger in his Manhattan apartment made her first call to Mary-Kate Olsen, according to an in-depth timeline police released Wednesday of the moments surrounding the Australian-born actor's death.

Police said Ledger probably died sometime between 1 p.m. and 2:45 p.m. on Tuesday of what authorities say may be an accidental drug overdose.

Authorities found six types of prescription drugs in Ledger's apartment, including pills to treat insomnia and anxiety, according to two law enforcement officials who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing. Three of the drugs were prescribed in Europe, where Ledger had been filming recently.

Ledger's housekeeper, Teresa Solomon, arrived at his apartment with her own key and let herself in. At 1 p.m., she went to his bedroom to change a light bulb, and saw Ledger sleeping and heard him snoring. She left the room without thinking anything was wrong.

At 2:45 p.m., massage therapist Diana Wolozin showed up for her appointment with Ledger, who didn't answer when she knocked on his door. She then tried to call him on his cell phone, but again got no response. She went into the bedroom, set up her massage table and again tried to wake Ledger.

Wolozin told police that Ledger was cold to the touch, but that she assumed he was just unconscious. She grabbed his cell phone and called Mary Kate Olsen, whose number was programmed into the phone. Wolozin knew that the "Full House" star and Ledger were friends, and she asked Olsen for advice on what she should do next.

Olsen, who also lives in Manhattan but was in California at the time, responded by saying she would send over her private security guards to help deal with the situation. In the ensuing moments, Wolozin realized that Ledger might be dead. She called Olsen again, then called 911.

The emergency operator provided Wolozin directions on how to do CPR, but it was too late.

Paramedics arrived minutes later at about the same time as Olsen's security guards.

Messages left at telephone numbers listed for Wolozin and Solomon were not returned Wednesday.

03 35th Anniversary
01-24-2008, 12:25 AM
Tragic event great actor....in all of his roles. The real tragedy will be, since the new Batman is in the can, they will probably use his death as a marketing ploy.Thats Hollywood!!!!!!!

I can't remeber the name of the actor or the movie, but one of main actors was killed making the movie. This was a few years ago. But Hollywood marketed that same angle to make money.

bcampbe7
01-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Thats Hollywood!!!!!!!

I can't remeber the name of the actor or the movie, but one of main actors was killed making the movie. This was a few years ago. But Hollywood marketed that same angle to make money.

Brandon Lee in "The Crow." :confused:

roddydog
01-24-2008, 02:14 PM
Vic Morrow in "The Twilight Zone". Apparently decapitated by a helicopter blade.

sdesmond
01-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Brandon Lee in "The Crow." :confused:

On March 31, 1993, while filming The Crow, the film crew filmed a scene in which Lee's character walked into his apartment and discovered his girlfriend being raped by thugs. Actor Michael Massee, who played one of the film's villains, was supposed to fire a gun at Lee as he walked into his apartment with groceries.

Because the movie's second unit team were running behind schedule, it was decided that dummy cartridges (cartridges that outwardly appear to be functional, but contain no gunpowder) would be made from real cartridges. A cartridge with only a primer and a bullet was fired in the pistol prior to the scene. It caused a squib load, in which the primer provided enough force to push the bullet out of the cartridge and into the barrel of the revolver, where it became stuck.

The malfunction went unnoticed by the crew, and the same gun was used again later to shoot the death scene, having been re-loaded with blanks. Nevertheless, the squib load was still lodged in the barrel, and was propelled by the blank cartridge's explosion out of the barrel and into Lee's body. Although the bullet was traveling much slower than a normally fired bullet would be, the bullet's large size and the extremely short firing distance made it powerful enough to fatally wound Lee.

When the blank was fired, the bullet shot out and hit Lee in the abdomen. He fell down instantly and the director shouted "Cut!", but Lee did not respond. The cast and crew filming rushed to him and noticed he was wounded. He was immediately rushed to the hospital where the doctors tried to revive him for five hours. It was too late however, and he was pronounced dead at 1:03pm.

His funeral was held several days later; he was buried next to his father in Lake View Cemetery, Seattle. The following day, a memorial service was held in Los Angeles.

The shooting was ruled an accident, although many fans suspected foul play. The theory of the Lee "family curse" was also carried over from Bruce Lee's death to Brandon's, as he had died almost 20 years after his father and before the release of the film which could have potentially catapulted him to stardom.

At the time of his death, he was allegedly in talks with filmmakers about making sequels to Rapid Fire and The Crow.