PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been to Steamboat Springs?

Willski
01-22-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm headed out to Steamboat in mid Feb. Any suggestions on nightlife, or things to see? I know what to do during the day!!

tex
01-22-2008, 04:44 PM
How much money do you want to spend and what do you like to do?

Sodar
01-22-2008, 04:47 PM
Been there, but I was very young and under the wings of my parents. I can offer you a great pizza place with a pretty fun arcade! :)

east tx skier
01-22-2008, 05:16 PM
Been there, but I was very young and under the wings of my parents. I can offer you a great pizza place with a pretty fun arcade! :)

Hey, I know that pizza place.

Great mountain. Town has really grown over the years.

Covi
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Steamboat offers minimal night life. The town is fairly secluded. You'll find great local restaurants, and watering holes. Mid febuary you are going to want to hook up with a local to find all the killer tree skiing. Steamboat has some of the best. The Aspen trees make it fun. otherwise. if you have a rental car, you should be able to figure out the town in an hour.

Covi
01-22-2008, 05:54 PM
Silver bullet gondola is a must ride at night.

Ric
01-22-2008, 06:08 PM
stay out of the blue oyster bar :eek:

TMCNo1
01-22-2008, 06:13 PM
Do they have a massage parlor with a Drive-Up window?

6ballsisall
01-22-2008, 06:18 PM
GREAT skiing, so-so night life. There are the local bars on Main street that can be fun. I can't think of anything out of the ordinary as far as night life goes.

east tx skier
01-22-2008, 10:35 PM
stay out of the blue oyster bar :eek:

Da daa da da da daaaaa! :D

h2oskifreak
01-22-2008, 10:56 PM
Winonas rest. is named after a friend of mine. She is now living in my town and still owns the bldg., I will ask her if the food is still highly recommended. It used to be one of the best in town. I work w/ her, so I will check in the A.M. I will ask about other places.

Willski
01-23-2008, 09:42 AM
Sounds good. I'm going with a fairly mellow group. About 10 of us. We usually stay in a few nights and cook, and go out and hit the restaurants a few nights. We don't usually hit it too hard. It's too hard to recover from a late night at elevation!

h2oskifreak
01-23-2008, 08:04 PM
Main St. or the Mtn. for bars. They should be decent this time of year. I asked my friend who used to own a resturant there about good places. She gave me three names, I left them at the office. I will post again w/ better specific names tomorrow.

tex
01-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Here is what one of my friend's sent me. She moved there and is a social butterfly. She cuts hair and talks a lot so I bet she hears of the good places. She is also a great water skier! I've done the Diva place. High dollar but the food was good. I think I've also been to Antares. Slopeside if fun!

Food- Best in town- Cafe Diva-pricey, reservations required.
Antares - pricey, reserv suggested
Riggio's- Italian - moderately pricey
Mambo Italiano's - moderate
Giovanni's - moderate to pricey
Ore House - normal steak place,
Mahogany Ridge - dinner and a live band on weekends
Rex's in the Holiday Inn supposedly has reasonable good food.

Slopeside Grill - on the way home from the last run of the day for a cool one. Also Bear River
Saketumi - sushi - relatively expensive

Places to go - Gotta go to the Tugboat.
It's about the only place in town, besides Mahogany Ridge with a live band.
Also Old Town Pub for live music. Check the paper. Gets filled with construction workers and all varieties of color sometimes.
Tap House for sports bar type - good wings
Steamboat Smokehouse - same thing. Giant screen tv
That should get them going. They are welcome to call me for anything else.
Country in Rockies starts today as well. Should be some good music in the Tent. $35.00
Montgomery Gentry and more. The paper has all the info.

learjet2230
01-24-2008, 11:29 AM
Gotta rent a snowmobile and check Arapaho National Forest. you will never forget it. My p's live in Grand Lake, Good snowmobiling up there in Rocky National Park as well. Some of the best!

Willski
01-24-2008, 12:06 PM
thanks for all of the input!!

h2oskifreak
01-24-2008, 03:19 PM
Riggios as previously recommended. LaMonTonya, and LaPoshe were also recommended by a friend who lived there and owned a rest. for a # of years. Winona's isn't bad for lunch or breakfast. Hope you have fun.

chudson
01-24-2008, 05:07 PM
I get emails almost daily from Steam Boat on conditions of their Champagne PowderŪ from skiers and snow boarders and some of the goings on that are happening. They will go out and make a couple of runs come in and email their experience and conditions. Last one came on the 19th............

Dear Cec,

Straight-Talk Snow Report
12:00 pm

As always, it snows for our adaptive ski camp! Today's the start of our third annual All Mountain Ski Camp for skiers with disabilities; we've got nearly 35 participants and friends, and over 40 volunteers helping out. It's a huge group this year, and as I said, they always bring the snow! Thanks gang!

The snow is light and fluffy out there, but better on mid-mountain it seems. Our first run down Rudys had about 5 new inches on the skiers left side, and our first long lap down Buddys showed us that the windy top wasn't the place to be today. Visibility is low, the light is very flat, but the skies are snowing, and the temps are slowly warming. We headed over to Rainbow and found some goodies there, as well as on the trees on either side of Moonlight, another 5 inches or so. Yum!

The All Mountain Ski Camp is here until Tuesday, with advanced monoskiers, three trackers, and blind skiers swarming slopes in the best condition all year with a vengeance. Many of our participants have returned from years-past to experience what Steamboat uniquely offers them; so we welcome them back with some great weather. It's supposed to keep snowing, OF COURSE, so if you're not here, get here, before this group chews it all up!

See you in the deep!

Andrea "Andy" Kennedy
Snowboarder

New Snow last 24 hrs mid-mountain: 5"
New Snow last 24 hrs summit: 3"
New Snow last 48 hrs mid-mountain: 7"
New Snow last 72 hrs mid-mountain: 7"
Snow Depth Base mid-mountain: 61"
Snow Depth Base summit: 72"
Cumulative: 248"

Weather: Snowing
Winds: 15 W
Temperature: 5°F
Surface Conditions: Powder

Willski
03-19-2008, 08:35 PM
I never followed up on my trip. Had a great time. I'll post a couple pics!!

First one....A great pic my friend took of me!!

Willski
03-19-2008, 08:44 PM
I wasn't sure about this run!

Willski
03-19-2008, 08:50 PM
Came across a fox.

Willski
03-19-2008, 09:00 PM
Good group of friends.