PDA

View Full Version : Blem Skis???

H20BOY
01-21-2008, 05:36 PM
What is your opinion on Blem skis? I am looking at a System 8 that has a factory repair. Anyone have any thoughts?

east tx skier
01-21-2008, 05:37 PM
I've owned several and they've all been fine. You'd have been hard pressed in my case to ever see where the blem was.

BrianM
01-21-2008, 05:45 PM
Go for it. I had a factory blem KD 7000 and I couldn;t have told you what the blem was.

No Skeez
01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
Make sure you get a clarification as to whether the ski is a "Blem" or a "Demo", as there is a HUGE difference. As Eastie said, a blem is no big deal at all. 9 out of 10 times the graphics sheet was laid in a bit crooked or something to that extent, and you would be hard pressed to see the issue. A Demo on the other hand is a ski that has had a factory repair performed on it. Either it came out of the mold wrong or for whatever reason has some physical defect to it. The fact that you mentioned repair in your post just raised a red flag. Do your homework and good luck with the search! I'd be happy to answer any other questions you may have! Just a side note... Did you give any consideration to the Radar Annex? You may want to...

Brian

loeweb
01-21-2008, 06:00 PM
I've only owned blems. Granted I am far from a great skier, but for what I want to do they have all served their purpose sometimes better than some others that cost an arm and a leg. Can't tell the diference.

ted shred
01-21-2008, 07:37 PM
Thats all I ever buy. The blem is usually some minor cosmetic problem. You can save a lot.

dmayer84
01-21-2008, 10:32 PM
all the wakeboards i have had were blems, and one was just some miscoloration but it is well worth it.

Ski Bum
01-21-2008, 11:29 PM
Most ski companys wont sell a blem if it cuts into proformance. They dont want any bad equipment out there to ruin there reputation. My ski has about a 1 inch handel blow in the tip about 10" down. I glassed it up. I ski into 39.5 on it. I ordered a new one because I thought It would mess up the flex pattern. The new one skies the same. So I run the broke one and It turns alot of heads at the tourneys.

88 PS190
01-21-2008, 11:32 PM
Best buy for sure.

Don't think any of my ski's have been factory firsts.

Keep in mind though that they might not carry a warranty.

My D3 is interesting as it is a demo ski, but D3 will put a ski to demo for not meeting a specific flex requirement, as well as for cosmetic blem, so try to figure out which you're getting.

coz
01-22-2008, 10:30 AM
Thats all I ever buy. The blem is usually some minor cosmetic problem. You can save a lot.

Me too! it's nice to pick up that $399 wakeboard for $150 just because the graphics or finish isn't perfect. :D

This guy has some great deals too!
http://www.closeoutdude.com/c=urEUPAd5U3WEeRwYim6D6N8Z8/
:D

ShamrockIV
01-22-2008, 10:33 AM
where might i get myself a blem ski?

Jim@BAWS
01-22-2008, 10:40 AM

From the "FACTORY OF BLEMS"

88 PS190
01-22-2008, 10:51 AM
What brand blem do you want?

Paul Crawford at D3,
Goode will give you something like 100$ off if you call them direct, which that's the best you'll get on a new goode.

Companies like Barts and Overtons have both blems, and previous year skis.

Wiley's has some great deals on blems and older skis and packages them with bindings, often you can find skis with dual wiley's boots for less than the cost of a blank ski w/o the blem. In which case you can sell the boots or use em.

wakolman
01-22-2008, 06:14 PM
I got a blem HO Mach 1 at Wiley's w/wiley binding and RTP for something like $330. I couldn't find anything wrong with it.

www.wileyski.com

Gotta go, wife is pregnant and needs to eat.

Jesus_Freak
01-23-2008, 06:56 PM

I found my Monza blem at Adrenaline. See this thread:

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=20555

Having a blem certainly did not hurt my skiing. For those who are like me, struggling to get a few balls at 34MPH 15'off, a few scratches on the ski will limit progress. :o :D