PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Water Ski/Wakeboard House Rentals?

s_worty
01-20-2008, 02:20 PM
Does anyone know of a rental house available by a good body of water for skiing or wakeboarding in AZ? I live in Phoenix and go on an annual houseboat trip to Powell but was looking at getting at least a few more good weekends in each summer. I have a young family and was trying to get away from Havasu and the Parker Strip, from what I hear the party places on the Colorado River, and I don't need any big boats around. A rental house or manufactured home on a remote section of the river or private lake with a decent beach or dock would be just great and I have been looking at the Blythe or Yuma areas but haven't found much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Sodar
01-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Besides Parker and Havasu, there is really nothing! :rolleyes:

go to www.vrbo.com (http://www.vrbo.com) and go to blythe. there are a few rentals there.

coz
01-20-2008, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know of a rental house available by a good body of water for skiing or wakeboarding in AZ? I live in Phoenix and go on an annual houseboat trip to Powell but was looking at getting at least a few more good weekends in each summer. I have a young family and was trying to get away from Havasu and the Parker Strip, from what I hear the party places on the Colorado River, and I don't need any big boats around. A rental house or manufactured home on a remote section of the river or private lake with a decent beach or dock would be just great and I have been looking at the Blythe or Yuma areas but haven't found much. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Hey S Worty, I'm here in the valley too and hooked up with a TT member here last week (Frank) and got all kinds of great info about around here because I'm new to the area. I'm sure he'll show up.
"check this site out"
http://www.azmarinas.com/
:)

André
01-20-2008, 09:47 PM
First post since Sept 05? :(
Welcome to the board!:)

FrankSchwab
01-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Here's a link to a previous rundown of Phoenix-area lakes:
http://tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=446114&postcount=10

I don't know of many rentals around those lakes, they are mostly on Forest service land. There is a hotel at Apache lake: http://www.apachelake.com/motel.shtml

Good Luck,

/frank

s_worty
01-21-2008, 09:39 AM
Thanks for the info! I spoke with one of the owner/managers for a Blythe river property yesterday and she said that there were too many sandbars in front of her property to make it safe to ski, at least for a non-local that wasn't familiar with the channels, but there were a couple of other ones that I haven't heard back from yet. I am probably going to drive out there this weekend to take a look around and see if I can drum up some more info and talk to some locals. Apache Lake is a good idea, I can't remember what the road is like getting there but I dropped down from Roosevelt once, without a trailer though.

I did some wakeboarding out at Saguaro on Saturday. Air 59 water 56. Not too bad but REALLY windy. The only part of the day it was like that too, figures. It was good to get out though!

Sodar
01-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the info! I spoke with one of the owner/managers for a Blythe river property yesterday and she said that there were too many sandbars in front of her property to make it safe to ski, at least for a non-local that wasn't familiar with the channels, but there were a couple of other ones that I haven't heard back from yet. I am probably going to drive out there this weekend to take a look around and see if I can drum up some more info and talk to some locals. Apache Lake is a good idea, I can't remember what the road is like getting there but I dropped down from Roosevelt once, without a trailer though.

I did some wakeboarding out at Saguaro on Saturday. Air 59 water 56. Not too bad but REALLY windy. The only part of the day it was like that too, figures. It was good to get out though!

If you drive out to Blythe, I will be out there on Saturday!

If you were looking at renting Kelly's house in River Estates, she is pretty close to being right. Last summer we rented her house and it was tough navagating the river, but luckily we brought some Sea-Doos out to do some scouting and that helped us get around. There are some Malibus and Nautiques that run out there, so you can watch where they go and learn. Luckily, the bottom is pretty much all sand, so even if you were to touch bottom at a slow speed, you will not do much more than give your prop a nice polish. Let me know if you will be out there this weekend...

s_worty
01-21-2008, 12:39 PM
I actually spoke with Nancy, I think the houses are in the same place though. And yes, it will be Saturday that I am out there!

Sodar
01-21-2008, 12:43 PM
I actually spoke with Nancy, I think the houses are in the same place though. And yes, it will be Saturday that I am out there!

Yeah, Nancy has the place on the water and Kelly's is just off the water, but they are both in River Estates.

s_worty
01-21-2008, 01:55 PM
If you are available on Saturday I'd love to get some more info from you. Sounds like you are very familiar with the area, I'd be more than happy to buy you lunch or just meet up with you for a bit. Let me know thanks!

Sodar
01-21-2008, 02:02 PM
I will be out at my storage unit in Ehrenberg around 8am to do some stuff to the boat. I think we are going to put my brothers boat in the water around Blythe in the afternoon (once it warms up a bit!) Give me a call sometime... it is easier to talk about all this, rather than type it! :D

I am going to PM you my name and number.