PDA

View Full Version : DON'T SPEED in Virginia

atlfootr
01-19-2008, 09:33 PM
Virginia Introduces $3550 Speeding Ticket
http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp (http://www.thenewspaper.com/news/18/1818.asp)

1boarder
01-19-2008, 10:08 PM
Isn't it only for locals.

I am from VA, but now I live in SC. Over Christmas, I heard that it is only for locals.

Monte
01-19-2008, 10:23 PM
That's pretty harsh.. I'd have to move.......

SunCoast 83
01-19-2008, 10:52 PM
Gesh......

h2oskifreak
01-20-2008, 12:38 AM
Can you say "usuary". Something just isn't right here.

Lennyp04
01-20-2008, 09:54 AM
Wow first its you can't use radar detectors, now $3550 for a speeding ticket. Thats excessive but will it really slow people down?

TX.X-30 fan
01-20-2008, 11:40 AM
Sounds like another state needs initiative and referendum????

TMCNo1
01-20-2008, 03:22 PM
Virginia legislators have started tripping about everything!

AP - 15.01.2008 22:18 US: Virginia considers ban on bull-scrotum trailer hitch ornament
Virginia state lawmakers are considering banning ornamental outsized replica bull testicles that dangle from trucks' trailer hitches, for safety reasons rather than issues of indecency or bad taste. State legislator Lionel Spruill introduced the bill Tuesday, arguing that the rubber male genitalia swaying from a car distracts other drivers. His bill would make displaying the ornamentation a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $250 (euro168). He acknowledged that the idea for the bill came from a constituent upset that his young daughter had caught sight of the faux sex organs and asked what they were. "I didn't know what to tell her," Spruill said, quoting the constituent, whom he refused to identify. "I said, 'Sir, I'm going to be a laughingstock, but I'm going to do it,'" he said.

Leroy
01-20-2008, 03:47 PM
This law was created by a lawyer to create business for his firm. Wonder why we hate SOME lawyers!

Virginia motorists convicted of minor traffic violations will face a new, multi-year tax beginning July 1. Led by state Delegate David B. Albo (R-Springfield), lawmakers slipped a driver responsibility tax into a larger transportation funding bill signed by Governor Tim Kaine (D) in April. Albo, a senior partner in the Albo & Oblon, LLP traffic law firm, can expect to see a significant increase in business as motorists seek to protect their wallet from traffic tickets that come with assessments of up to $3000 in addition to an annual point tax that tops out at $700 a year for as long as the points remain.

Lennyp04
01-20-2008, 06:27 PM

AP - 15.01.2008 22:18 US: Virginia considers ban on bull-scrotum trailer hitch ornament
Virginia state lawmakers are considering banning ornamental outsized replica bull testicles that dangle from trucks' trailer hitches, for safety reasons rather than issues of indecency or bad taste. State legislator Lionel Spruill introduced the bill Tuesday, arguing that the rubber male genitalia swaying from a car distracts other drivers. His bill would make displaying the ornamentation a misdemeanor punishable by a fine of up to $250 (euro168). He acknowledged that the idea for the bill came from a constituent upset that his young daughter had caught sight of the faux sex organs and asked what they were. "I didn't know what to tell her," Spruill said, quoting the constituent, whom he refused to identify. "I said, 'Sir, I'm going to be a laughingstock, but I'm going to do it,'" he said.

Haha Harold, I saw that on CNN and started cracking up. I think those are the funniest things hanging the back end of a truck. That lady on CNN was very reluctant to say bumper balls!

TMCNo1
01-20-2008, 06:39 PM
Next thing ya know, someone will try outlawing MasterCraft decals in vehicles windows, then I'll just have to go postal on someone!

Jerseydave
01-20-2008, 09:36 PM

Those aren't bull testicles! ;)

SunCoast 83
01-20-2008, 10:25 PM
Haha Harold, I saw that on CNN and started cracking up. I think those are the funniest things hanging the back end of a truck. That lady on CNN was very reluctant to say bumper balls!

Bumper Balls!!!..............hahahahaha LMAO:D

TMCNo1
01-20-2008, 10:58 PM
Those aren't bull testicles! ;)

Whatever you say!:rolleyes:

Harvey
01-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Arizona just admits that they ticket people to generate revenue!

Click here (http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/01/14/daily68.html?ana=from_rss)

TMCNo1
01-21-2008, 02:01 PM
Arizona just admits that they ticket people to generate revenue!

Click here (http://www.bizjournals.com/phoenix/stories/2008/01/14/daily68.html?ana=from_rss)

A similar system here was implimented for stoplight cameras for those running redlights in certain high incident areas. The Guilford County School System would receive monies from the tickets as directed by the City legislators of both Greensboro and High Point, NC who initiated the program. They hired a company to install signs, install cameras, maintain them, monitor the system and issue the tickets, then the cities would pay them for their services and the excess would go to the schools. After a month or so of tickets and after everyone realized where the cameras were, the redlight runners stopped, the revenue from very few or no tickets slowed and stopped. The cities still had to pay for the services rendered by the company and the whole thing went into the red, with more money being spent than was generated by the tickets. The schools never received a penny after 6 months, so the whole system was shut down, signs and equipment removed and people are back to running stoplights again.
I see it happening is this case too!

h2oskifreak
01-23-2008, 09:15 PM
Well I got a good one today. I was behind a slow vehicle coming out of a school zone. Just where the Hwy opens up to 2 lanes from one, I went around the slow vehicle and romped on it. I was a little late to get my son to guitar lessons. Went from 40 to about 80 in a few hundred feet and guess what? Motorcycle cop, I was still into it when I went past him (had the Benz pegged). I didn't even wait for him to pull me over. I made the next rt. and waited. He was cool, wrote me for 10-20 over in a 45. I know I was going 80+! He said he saved me $200.00 and 4 pts. and didn't even have attitude. If I pay the fine within 7 days, only 2 pts. total, not bad for being such a dumb a$$. Now here is the kicker. The guitar inst. was not there at all. So all for nothing. Good thing I live in Colorado and got the nice gentleman I did and not in Virginia, huh.