PDA

View Full Version : SKI help!!

ShamrockIV
01-19-2008, 05:42 PM
Hey skiers!!
I know i put the cart b4 the horse but when u find a deal u must go for it!!!

last week i got a set of connelly drafts from a guy i know. they were too big for him but perfect for me. he skied 3 sets on them!!

Any advice on what to mount them to?
I am maybe intermediate. due to unforseen vacation plans provided by uncle sam i have not been on ski in awhile!!

thanks for all you advice!!!

Also i am about to buy a 79 S&S project so i may need alot of restore advice!! but if i do i will keep you guys posted!!!!!

BrianM
01-19-2008, 05:45 PM
Hey skiers!!
I know i put the cart b4 the horse but when u find a deal u must go for it!!!

last week i got a set of connelly drafts from a guy i know. they were too big for him but perfect for me. he skied 3 sets on them!!

Any advice on what to mount them to?
I am maybe intermediate. due to unforseen vacation plans provided by uncle sam i have not been on ski in awhile!!

thanks for all you advice!!!

Also i am about to buy a 79 S&S project so i may need alot of restore advice!! but if i do i will keep you guys posted!!!!!
Radar Senate would be something good to try. Shepard found a killer deal on an '07 Senate.

ShamrockIV
01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
hey brian is that a mid level ski?
i would like something that i can improve on. thanks

Cloaked
01-19-2008, 06:15 PM
Is the Patriotic Ski Club still up in Racoon Hollow?

ShamrockIV
01-20-2008, 01:42 PM
i am not sure cloaked. u sound like u know the lake. one of buddied was one of the founders. if you are up my way holler!!

BrianM
01-20-2008, 03:12 PM

The Senate is actually a very high level ski. Just under the top of the line MPD. The senate is just a little wider and softer. Supposed to be a really nice ski and will take you into short line slalom no problem.

No Skeez
01-20-2008, 03:59 PM
The Senate was a ski that made a lot of friends last year. The Annex is actually in between the MPD and the Senate, so the Senate is technically third in line for the Radar line up. Designed as Brian said, with just a touch of extra width than the MPD and Annex, and again, just a little softer lay up, the Senate is a killer 32 - 34 mph ski that will be forgiving enough to ride in not so great water, but performance oriented enough to really rock and roll when you get some butter water! If you've heard anything about the HO Nitro, think of the Senate as the Barry Bonds (Steroid Enhanced) version.

If you have any other questions about it let me know, I'd be happy to help!

Brian

JohnE
01-20-2008, 04:02 PM
Radar Senate would be something good to try. Shepard found a killer deal on an '07 Senate.

Did I miss something? Has Shep given up on the Monza?

cbryan70
01-20-2008, 04:47 PM
I have the connelly fx1. i would say that is a forgiving ski that will allow you to do some course runnign as well. maybe not as "fast" on the water as the other skis you are talking about. but for the price i think its a good deal./