PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to say Hey!

Dave@BAWS
01-19-2008, 12:23 PM
Hey guys and girls!
I just added a new profile since I am now working for Jim and Chuck at Bay Area Watersports in Tampa selling boats. I was Waterskibum and will probably post with that once in a while too.
I formerly worked at Tommy's Slalom Shop in Denver off and on for twelve years selling, and working the boat shows and tournaments. Course then Tommy went to the dark side in 2003 and started selling some "other" boat.
I moved to Tampa in 2004 and absolutely love it. I live in Lake Padgett Estates near Jim and Chuck, and we have a great group of friends in the area we ski and party with.
I posted some of the pics of my baby: 93 ProStar 190 Stars and Stripes, one of two Bud ProTour 190's with the LT-1 and Slot. Just went through an extensive cosmetic refresh of the boat and trailer this last year. No, sorry, it is not for sale :o Well, at least unless you are offering some serious $$!
You all need anything for your boats, or need a new boat, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
TTYL

T Scott
01-19-2008, 12:28 PM
Dave,
Welcome to the board and good luck at BAWS! Jim and Chuck are great guys!

Tom

h2oskifreak
01-19-2008, 12:48 PM
Dave, Welcome. I know J.D. (a little) @ Tommys and his gal. I have to travel 250 mi. to get there. Live & ski in Grand Junction. They are a pretty good shop and I am sure I will stop in in a few weeks when I am in town for the Van Halen concert. Good luck with your new job. Did you ever come to Lake Mirage (G.J.)for any of their tourneys? And what lake did you ski in Denver?

Dave@BAWS
01-19-2008, 01:25 PM
Thanks T Scott. I have know Jim and Chuck for a while and will have a blast working for them.

SkiFreak- I really miss everyone at Tommy's. We had an absolute blast working there and still consider them "Family". We leased a ski lake through Tommy's off of C-470 by Bandimere Speedway. Not Soda Lakes, and I cannot remember the name now, but it was great. Went to Mirage once I think in 2003 when I was skiing in the INT League?
TTYL

h2oskifreak
01-19-2008, 02:05 PM
I don't think that was Mirage. The INT tourney hasn't been held there as far as I know. I know the lake you were on (by Redrocks). The lake you skied on in the INT is very dear to me and owned by friends and that is where I ski now. Regards

Jesus_Freak
01-20-2008, 08:50 PM
Welcome Dave!

DemolitionMan
01-20-2008, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the Family Dave!!!!!

Muttley
01-21-2008, 10:36 AM
Welcome to the board! :D

...Nice job on your boat.

JohnE
01-21-2008, 06:44 PM
Hey Dave,

Sounds like you have got yourself into a good situation with Jim and Chuck. Good luck.

ProTour X9
01-21-2008, 08:08 PM
hey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProTour X9
01-21-2008, 08:51 PM
one of two Bud ProTour 190's with the LT-1 and Slot. TTYL

This is something I'd like to know more about??:confused: :confused:

captain planet
01-22-2008, 05:30 PM
Hey guys and girls!
You all need anything for your boats, or need a new boat, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
TTYL
Welcome to the board!

If you come across an oval 30th Anniversary drip molded sticker for my 1998 Anniversary boat, let me know. It was placed on the side of the boat near the transom. Thanks.

stuartmcnair
01-22-2008, 05:53 PM
Do you have any 07 galvanized trailers left over? I really need one with white fenders...

Dave@BAWS
01-26-2008, 01:04 PM
Pro tour X9- MasterCraft built two ProStar190's specifically to travel the country and pull the Budweiser Pro Tour. These 190's had options specifically for the tour including the LT1, PowerSlot, Saf T Top with net, and the graphics package. The LT1's were listed at 310 horse, but the ECM's were "tweaked" to put out much more horsepower. Tommys Slalom Shop bought both tour boats after the 93 Pro Tour and then sold them. I wanted to buy the boat in 94, but I was a poor college grad. In 2005 I saw it for sale on Team Talk, and was then able to purchase it.
Captain Planet- I'll keep an eye out for those decals.
Stuart- What boat do you need the trailer for? I probably have one for an X2 hull.

ProTour X9
01-26-2008, 01:16 PM
We used to have a ProTour 190, 1994, w/ LT-1 and slot. Safe-T-Top and all.
I'm guessing the two travelers were 93's w/ LT-1 which is probably rare.