PDA

View Full Version : Braided Fuel Line

stuartmcnair
01-18-2008, 05:29 PM
Does anyone know the size fuel line and fittings for an 89 Prostar 351W?

TMCNo1
01-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Does anyone know the size fuel line and fittings for an 89 Prostar 351W?

It shows 3/8" at a known parts supplier!
The existing line will have the fittings on it because they won't come off for the flairs. Take the entire line with you as it came off the pump and carb and tell them you want a flexible line (your choice) with the same size end fittings, but longer length (your choice) and they will make it up.

stuartmcnair
01-18-2008, 06:59 PM
The places around here suck. Probably going to have to order from Jeg's and they were not sure of the exact fittings. I will have to make the line myself since they do not sell a put together unit.

TMCNo1
01-18-2008, 07:19 PM
The places around here suck. Probably going to have to order from Jeg's and they were not sure of the exact fittings. I will have to make the line myself since they do not sell a put together unit.

Where in the SE are you! There are very few areas in the SE that doesn't have someone who stocks and/or makes braided hoses for heavy trucking, construction, race cars, street rods, custom motorcycles, including local industry needs. Ask around and someone will hook you up with the right people.

learjet2230
01-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Try an aircraft supplier, such as Spruce and Speciaty or Wicks. You might be able to change the fittings on the fule pump and carb to AN style and get the supplies from them. They could also make them for you, but they will be more expensive. When I restored aircraft I got stuff like this daily from them.