03-23-2005, 01:01 AM
91 prostar

compounding and waxing....

would like to replace these decals both sides. Other side is much more faded

http://www.writeonrice.com/190.jpg

zorro
03-23-2005, 05:38 AM
Try www.edecalsdirect.com.

They have Mastercrafdt decals. I just bought the same decals you need, for the same boat.
I hope that the website address I indicated is correct, I am not at home now and i am trying to remember........

Cheers
Luca

jsonova99
03-23-2005, 06:00 AM
91 prostar

compounding and waxing....

would like to replace these decals both sides. Other side is much more faded

I need the exact decals for mine, both of mine have completely faded.

jsonova99
03-23-2005, 06:02 AM
Try www.edecalsdirect.com.

They have Mastercrafdt decals. I just bought the same decals you need, for the same boat.
I hope that the website address I indicated is correct, I am not at home now and i am trying to remember........

Cheers
Luca

That's the right site, I called them a few months ago about it, I think they only wanted $14 for each side. Not bad. I held off becuase I was going to have all of the nicks on my hull fixed and then have the whole hull wet sanded, so I don't know how nice they are.

86PowerSlot190MC
03-23-2005, 09:35 AM
Do you think they could reproduce the 86 Mastercraft decals??

• How do I go about having a Custom Decal made?

We are able to make virtually any design into a decal. Email or send us a picture, graphic, logo and we are able to replicate it into a decal. Decals can be made any size, color(s) and shape. With our digital imaging equipment we are also able to take a photograph of any object and turn it into a decal. Please contact us about making your custom decal.

jsonova99
03-23-2005, 09:43 AM
http://www.edecalsdirect.com/mastercraft.htm

this is a link to the MC decals they have. I'm pretty sure that they will make suctom ones though. In fact the Prostar190 decals Milkmania and I are looking for are considred custom. Although that was just for dimensions. I would give them a call and see what they say.

TonyB
03-31-2005, 11:39 AM
After viewing the link posted above, I gave them a call and ordered two decals for my 91 Prostar190. The cost was $45 and should arrive before the end of next week.

east tx skier
03-31-2005, 12:35 PM
Cool, I wonder if they can replicate them for my 205. The OEM are next to non-existant.

EDECALSDIRECT
03-31-2005, 06:01 PM
Hey Guys, we can pretty much do any mastercraft decals for your boat, trailer or window of your vehicle. If we don't have the decal we can replicate it.

TonyB... That price was $45.00cdn incl shipping, works out to be $28.00 for both Prostar decals and $6.00 for shipping.

Thanks
Tim
EdecalsDirect.com

MarkP
03-31-2005, 07:51 PM
Welcome aboard ede,

Cool site.

Larryp
03-31-2005, 09:23 PM
I could not find a good flat shot of decals off of an 82 or 83 s&s, the one with the star in the middle of the C. Does anyone have this picture along with stars I am going to use them for my '99.

ski_king
03-31-2005, 09:34 PM
I could not find a good flat shot of decals off of an 82 or 83 s&s, the one with the star in the middle of the C. Does anyone have this picture along with stars I am going to use them for my '99.
Got a unused set of 83 side decals. I am not willing to give these away or sell, but I will try to scan to jpg

east tx skier
03-31-2005, 10:14 PM
I can take a picture this weekend of the old school (star in the C) decals if you remind me. They were a gift (small version for my windshield), but if you know the size for the side decals, they should be able to do the rest.

6ballsisall
03-31-2005, 10:20 PM
Do you all think the newer style lettering would look cool on my 86? I seem to fancy that style lettering over what's on my ride.

Give me your $.02

ski_king
03-31-2005, 10:31 PM
Do you all think the newer style lettering would look cool on my 86? I seem to fancy that style lettering over what's on my ride.

Give me your $.02
For me, I prefer the 82 to 85 style (also used on 93 S&S) with the star in the C. :twocents:

JEREMY79
03-31-2005, 11:11 PM
I have a pic not real good but I think I can get a better one this weekend.

Larryp
03-31-2005, 11:12 PM
I think the size of the decal is my biggest problem. Next time I see one at the lake I am going to measure the lettering and stars.

JEREMY79
03-31-2005, 11:14 PM
The sticker on my window is off of an '82 I can measure the size for you. I think I also have another(I collect stickers) that I may be able to get you sizes on.

ski_king
03-31-2005, 11:53 PM
I just scaned mine in pieces full scale. I tried to stich it back together but my software wouldnt let me go that big.
If anybody wants to stich it together to make a template let me know and I will email my files.

Overall length: 45.5 in.
Height of M:5.56 in.
Height of C: 5.88 in.
Height of f: 7.25 in.

Larryp
04-01-2005, 12:18 AM
Do you think you could email to sticker guy, he probably has the software. Thanks for your help.

Larryp
04-01-2005, 10:32 AM
info@EDecalsDirect.com <info@EDecalsDirect.com>This looks to be there e-mail, I couldn't let you do all the work.

milkmania
04-07-2005, 05:01 PM
did anyone get their decals from Edecals yet?
I just started working with Tim, and I'm sending him my images.

I did not realize Tim had posted in here or I would have referred him back to this thread:o

east tx skier
04-07-2005, 05:14 PM
I've gotten a reasonable quote, but don't have the boat to photograph the rear "prostar" decal yet.

VTJC
04-07-2005, 08:46 PM
Does anybody know what the large MasterCraft costs for the newer boats from the dealer’s? I was thinking about updating my boat and putting the name where it belongs in the middle of the boat. Sportstars have MasterCraft towards the back. Thanks, Jamie

east tx skier
04-07-2005, 11:20 PM
Are you talking about the "domed" letters?

erkoehler
04-08-2005, 01:02 AM
VTJC,

Do you have a sportstar? I was just looking at one. How do you like it.

Sorry about not staying on topic.

east tx skier
04-08-2005, 10:24 AM
No, but I've skied one. I responded to the other post about the 98 SS/19Skier.

Brn85ss
04-08-2005, 11:15 AM
I thought I remember lettertech.com had the old school font (s&s) on file all you had to do was give them the color.

pmack
04-12-2005, 07:13 PM
First time post. Glad to know this is here.

I also want to know about the "domed" decals that ET Skier was talking about. I have an 02 Maristar and one of the Mastercraft "domed" decals on the side near the back was damaged. I would like to get another (although I'm not sure the color scheme can be matched). Does anyone know where to get the "domed" decals? Thanks.

6balls
04-12-2005, 07:19 PM
I use these guys - http://vehiclewraps.ca/

pmack
04-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Can you get factory ones, or do you have to have someone try to match the ones you have?

TonyB
04-12-2005, 09:17 PM
did anyone get their decals from Edecals yet?

I received my decals from edecalsdirect.com today and it wasn't at all what I expected. There was obviously some miscommunication.

Prior to ordering I had reviewed the decals listed on the website and then made the call to place the order (Decal #WAT-005). I told the guy on the phone (Tim?) that I wanted the decals for my 91 Prostar 190.

What I received is not at all like what is on the aft portion of my Mastercraft. The decals I received are more appropriate as a car window decal. The decals (I ordered two) are approximately 1/4 the size of the original decals and are on clear square plastic as opposed to the die cut, heavy rubberized vinyl decals that came with the boat.

I will call tomorrow to see what went wrong. Perhaps I did not communicate well.

east tx skier
04-13-2005, 10:31 AM
Can you get factory ones, or do you have to have someone try to match the ones you have?

For early 90s prostars, you can still get all the decals from a dealer except for the "Prostar 190" or "Prostar 205" decals on the rear sides of the boat.

jsonova99
04-13-2005, 10:40 AM
For early 90s prostars, you can still get all the decals from a dealer except for the "Prostar 190" or "Prostar 205" decals on the rear sides of the boat.
I forget which dealer I talked to, but they told me that they couldn't get the MasterCraft side decals for early 90's boats either

east tx skier
04-13-2005, 10:48 AM
I got mine a few weeks ago from Lex at Rambo Marine (after another dealer told me they couldn't get them anymore). Give Lex a call.

TonyB
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM

Sadly, it is Prostar 190 decals that I need.

jsonova99
04-13-2005, 11:04 AM
I got mine a few weeks ago from Lex at Rambo Marine (after another dealer told me they couldn't get them anymore). Give Lex a call.

I will, do they have the transom decals as well? How about other various decals like the ones that go on the spark arrestor cover. I'd like to replace all that I can if possible

east tx skier
04-13-2005, 11:06 AM
They have the transom decal "MasterCraft World Record Ski Boat"

94PS190
04-13-2005, 11:07 AM
I just ordered all five decals for my 94 prostar from Edecalsdirect. I hope I have better luck. I E-mailed pic's, so they should match.

milkmania
04-14-2005, 02:11 PM
I received my decals from edecalsdirect.com today and it wasn't at all what I expected. There was obviously some miscommunication.

thanks for the reply
I too talked to Tim, and inquired about the ProStar190 #wat-005 and offered to send the images you see on my first post.
Sent the images on 4-7-05 and have not heard from him as of yet. I just passed it off as him being busy (since I had no money involved so far)

I may need to stay local, since my registration numbers were made locally (turned out great), and I have a little more control with the artist before the image is sent to the plotter.

keep us informed how it turns out, and you may remind him that he's got some VERY LARGE IMAGES from me in his e-mails inbox for reference:popcorn:

erkoehler
04-14-2005, 02:14 PM
This board could be like a gold mine for somebody who is fair priced and does a good job on decals! :D :twocents:

scott88prostar
04-14-2005, 04:41 PM
Do you have any of the decal art work?....Im having trouble getting the right decals myself....not sure how to get them close to perfect :D

milkmania
04-14-2005, 10:59 PM
All I have is photos....

keep in mind, these are VERY LARGE images....(dial-up customers)

smallest is 4.77 mb...largest is 5.65mb
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_1.jpg
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_2.jpg
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_3.jpg
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_4.jpg
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_5.jpg
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_6.jpg

the boat has been compounded since these pics were taken, so now there is no white color on the ProStar190 images on the back:(

scott88prostar
04-15-2005, 10:16 AM
Thanks Milk...thats a good idea...take pics and give dimensions....thanks for the help.

Scott

milkmania
04-16-2005, 11:49 AM
you're more than welcome!
this site is great for help......giving and receiving:toast:

did you see that my registration pics were "pretty close" to the MasterCraft decal?

daves
04-20-2005, 09:03 AM
Any luck with the edecal folks? I have a '91 Prostar with "buffed out" rear decals. Would really like edals to come through.
Last year I spoke with the dealership, they warned against getting factory replacements. The said they were all 10+ years old, if I could even find decals, and probably would not stick.
I should note that the guy I spoke with made a jab at my "old" boat, and spent the next 5 minutes telling me why I needed a "new" prostar. So his motive may have been impure.
Let me know if the decals turn out ok.
Thanks,
Dave

daves
04-20-2005, 09:09 AM
Any luck with the edecal folks? I have a '91 Prostar with "buffed out" rear decals. Would really like edals to come through.
Last year I spoke with the dealership, they warned against getting factory replacements. The said they were all 10+ years old, if I could even find decals, and probably would not stick.
I should note that the guy I spoke with made a jab at my "old" boat, and spent the next 5 minutes telling me why I needed a "new" prostar. So his motive may have been impure.
Thanks,
Dave

jsonova99
04-20-2005, 09:15 AM

Did you tell him why you didn't need a huge boat payment! :D

daves
04-20-2005, 09:30 AM
Good point, $45 for decals, $45K for boat. I'll take the stickers, besides I don't think the new prostars come in teal!

east tx skier
04-20-2005, 09:58 AM
Thanks,
Dave

Be they old or not, the decals I got looked perfect. My only other replacement decals were the "25th Anniversary" window decals. They were 11 years old, but they adhered perfectly and show no signs of any problems.

Of course, I bought them from a dealer who asked for pictures of the boat to be sure I was getting the right decals and then spent a couple of minutes telling me how much he liked it. I've said it before and I'll say it again, without those of us who are nuts for these older boats and who are interested in buying and maintaining them, MC would have a harder time getting top dollar for the new boats.

scott88prostar
04-20-2005, 10:03 AM
Spoke to Lex....txs East Texas!....he's a very helpful....hes sending me all the 1988 Prostar stickers in red, grey, and white...( has the little boat on the back that seems tough to find).They are all mismatched but I will have them made in red......at least they should be the right dimensions and color match.....if anybody else want some in other colors let me know.

H20skeefreek
04-20-2005, 10:35 AM
As for the guys looking for the S&S decals, this may be helpful. A guy from the site sent these to me. Just take this file to a sign shop, and they should be able to duplicate it.

pm me and i'll send you a larger version.

east tx skier
04-20-2005, 10:37 AM
Looks great, H20.

daves
04-21-2005, 01:15 PM
Does anybody have the number for Lex in Texas with respect to decals?
I agree with east tx on the issue of beautiful old boats protecting resale. Most people on the street thing my boat is new, and there are plenty of boats on this site that are 10+ years older and look better. Would make me more confident dropping big bucks on a new MC when you see "old" boats holding up well.
No desire for a new boat yet, just decals.

east tx skier
04-21-2005, 03:04 PM
Lex is the parts guy at Rambo Marine (not in Texas). I forgot his last name, but it's not Lex Rambo. In other words, they have two Lexes.

The number is listed at www.rambomarine.com

Tennesseeski
04-22-2005, 05:17 PM
Hey Doug I just talked to Lex about the rear world record ski boat sticker and he asked about color. Mine has been buffed out or the color has all faded. I just got the boat so don't know what it looked like original. Since my boat is same model as yours what does your sticker look like? I saw the pic in you file but still not sure. My back part is black so I know I need white letters, but does that sticker have the same "shadow" like the mastercraft sticker on the side. I have never saw one as noboby else has a boat I can look at. My side stickers are white letters with a grey shadow. Any info will help thanks.

east tx skier
04-22-2005, 05:30 PM
Mine are white with black shadow, lower left. I don't know if the "WRSB" part has shadowing or not and don't have my boat to look at at the moment. You might tell Lex just to send you what he sent me. It hasn't been too long (Just tell him Doug in Tyler, TX).

Tennesseeski
04-22-2005, 05:38 PM
Thanks man. I will ask him to do that. Get that sticker on and get my new depth finder in place of the clock in the dash and I will be set. Bought a humminbird HDR600 so I will see how it turns out.

milkmania
04-23-2005, 03:45 PM
here's a close-up link to the 1991 WRSB decal on my boat.

large file
http://www.writeonrice.com/PS190_2.jpg

looks pretty close to Doug's..... the only physical difference I see is the grab bar, and the Red gel-coat above the rub rail

just found out today, the local graphics guy is going to do my MasterCraft side x 2 , and my PROSTAR 190 x 2 for $100.00 installed!!!
I have to remove the old decals, but it was pretty easy to remove the old registration numbers and letters....

bonus:
I get to approve the decals before he sends them to the plotter!

pics available soon:popcorn:

Tennesseeski
04-23-2005, 04:04 PM
Does anyone know what font(letter style) the side Mastercraft sticker is?? I found a place to make me 2 but they can't figure it out and I want the letters to be right.

aprgriggs
04-23-2005, 05:39 PM
For those looking for vinyl stickers.....I am thinking of using this guy for some custom stickers on my X9. He also does all of the work for the mastercraft dealer here. He has all of the factory graphics for the newer boats and can duplicate anything with a picture.

Call Him.....John LaVigne 817-913-2991

He does great work.

Maybe a group buy for you prostar guys

milkmania
04-23-2005, 10:52 PM
Does anyone know what font(letter style) the side Mastercraft sticker is?? I found a place to make me 2 but they can't figure it out and I want the letters to be right.

a good graphics guy can take "HemiHead 426" font and modify it and get pretty close for the 1991 model year.

I see by your profile you have a 1993... you'll need to wait for a more stable answer for that year model since mine's older.

the way I'm looking at it:
The only real people that know that it's not copyrighted quality are the true die-hard MasterCraft fans. (not too many of them in my area)

Hemi Head 426 http://www.1001fonts.com/font_details.html?font_id=2161

James O'Keefe
04-24-2005, 12:33 AM
I have a '93 205 as well. I few years ago, I replaced my WRSB decal, I ended up getting the wrong one, it had the grey shadowing as opposed to black, I just couldn't tell until I took the backing off. The grey shadowing is not attached to the white lettering, so there are a lot of small, seperate gray shadow stickers that did not hold up well. I was just at the Mastercraft Dealer in G.R., MI and they still had the decal with the black shadowing in stock for $20. They probably have more. It's action watersports @616-896-3100...

erkoehler
04-24-2005, 12:34 AM
Stop scratching your boats guys and you won't need all these new decals!

milkmania
05-01-2005, 03:28 PM
note:
this is a poor image because it's cloudy and rainy here.....

but here''s the rear medallion my local guy built & installed:headbang:

http://www.writeonrice.com/medallion.jpg

new decal.......................yes! it's dirty.........rainy crappy weather here
http://www.writeonrice.com/prostar_a.jpg

old decal

east tx skier
05-02-2005, 12:58 PM

It's a proprietary font. But as someone mentioned, Hemihead426 is close. But the "C" doesn't exactly match. I'd take a picture of the real deal and get it copied.

rem_pss308
05-02-2005, 02:52 PM
Here is a place I had do my truck graphics. It was $120.00 for both sides. I sent him a picture and he made them. I installed them. They are of good quality.
Maybe he can hook some of you up with what you need.
I am very pleased with my decals. they have been on over a year, and no problems.
http://signspecialist.com/