PDA

View Full Version : VHF antenna on and X-15

eyeball_jerry
01-15-2008, 05:46 PM
I realize it is a strange sight for a MasterCraft to have a VHF antenna. However, I am part of the Power Squadrons and US Coast Guard Aux. I want to have my boat certified to do safty partols. Part of that is a radio, so I know I want fixed mount radio. However, how can I mount the antenna? I was hoping for a rail type mount that woudl fit the tower, has anyone seen anything like that at all?

Eagle Lake Rebel
01-15-2008, 09:27 PM
I made up a rig that mounts/clamps to the bimini support post. If you are going to have a bimini on your boat I can help you out. Parts came from West Marine. Send me a PM with an E-mail address & I'll send you a coulpe of photo's to look at.

OhioProstar
01-15-2008, 09:40 PM
I have a rail mount with a 4' whip on the grip handles of my gunnel.

http://www.patriotmarine.com/patriot/details.php?ITEM=3904190

DanC
01-15-2008, 10:17 PM
I used a stainless steel "L" bracket to mount my 3' whip to my tower. Antenna unsrews easily from the base for transport or storage. Ran the cable up through the tower (which wasn't easy)

SteveO
01-15-2008, 10:25 PM
Dan

Good to see you around the board. Hope all is well

DanC
01-15-2008, 10:49 PM
Dan

Good to see you around the board. Hope all is well

New promotion, new house, new motorcycle, new girlfriend (who rides and wakeboards). Things are looking up.

eyeball_jerry
01-16-2008, 06:20 PM
I might be super jealous...

Oh wait my wife forced me to buy a X-15 to match the X-7 and "Get all the toys". So i guess i don't have it too bad either.

Thanks everyone. I think Shakespear has a ratchet mount that will work with the monster tower universal camp to attach to the tower. I will let you know how it works.