PDA

View Full Version : T.O. just a bit emotional

Jerseydave
01-14-2008, 01:46 PM
Anyone see the interview after yesterdays game? All I have to say is WOW!

Search Terrell Owens on youtube, you can't miss it. :D

Mikey
01-14-2008, 01:53 PM
What happend to the "Tough Guy", "Trash Talking" T.O. ? He was crying like a schoolgirl.

I like how he talked trash before the game telling everyone to get their popcorn ready. Well, now T.O. can get his popcorn ready and watch the rest of the playoffs and superbowl on TV.

Yellow X9
01-14-2008, 02:35 PM
You never know how to take T.O. all he's doing most / all the time, is making sure his name is in the media and gain furthur attention for him self. The Cowpunks didn't make it,so sad. Green Bay would have handed them there arse anyways.

Now if Jesica was in the end-zone, ole Romo would have got that ball there...if not 2.......bwhahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

jbfootin
01-14-2008, 02:39 PM
Were those tears for his QB or was his under armour body suit riding up a little too tight:confused: ;)

He lost his credability when he said " I have always got along with my QB. I have always had their back"

I think Garcia and McNabb may disagree:rolleyes:

Mikey
01-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Did anybody get a count of how many times he said "I" in that interveiw? It was alot.

T.O. is putting the "I" back in "Team".

learjet2230
01-14-2008, 02:55 PM
Man, you guys are brutal!! I'm not sure about GB beating us if we got past NY, although they have my vote from here on out. They (Cboys)came out strong in the 1st half. Marion Barber was on FIRE!! Penalties and dropped balls got us. Looked like our offensive line was 4th string in the second half. No one person to blame IMHO. Just wasn't their day. Let the lynching continue.....

kycat2007
01-14-2008, 03:01 PM
Can you say Jerry Mcguire. It looked like that was right out of the script. lol

Mikey
01-14-2008, 03:31 PM
Man, you guys are brutal!! I'm not sure about GB beating us if we got past NY, although they have my vote from here on out. They (Cboys)came out strong in the 1st half. Marion Barber was on FIRE!! Penalties and dropped balls got us. Looked like our offensive line was 4th string in the second half. No one person to blame IMHO. Just wasn't their day. Let the lynching continue.....

I dont beleive anyone was blaming anybody for losing the game. We were just commenting on how T.O. is a crybaby sissy girl.:D

TMCNo1
01-14-2008, 03:46 PM
The loss of all that post season bonus money would make me cry too! I guess he'll just have to hold off on having that 2008 Rolls Royce customized by Unique Autosport till next year!

jbfootin
01-14-2008, 04:24 PM
Maybe TO heard that getting emotional helped Hilary win votes and thought that he would try it:rolleyes:

Lennyp04
01-14-2008, 04:29 PM
Ever since T.O. left the eagles I havent been a fan of him.

Im glad he doesnt have an MC.

tex
01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
You never know how to take T.O. all he's doing most / all the time, is making sure his name is in the media and gain furthur attention for him self. The Cowpunks didn't make it,so sad. Green Bay would have handed them there arse anyways.

Now if Jesica was in the end-zone, ole Romo would have got that ball there...if not 2.......bwhahahahahahahaahahahahahahaha
TO is too much drama. I'm pulling for Green Bay because they are my 2nd favorite team but to say the would have handed the Cowboys ars is much. Love Farve but he is what, 0-9 at Texas Stadium! Watch/play a lot of football Yellow?

Yellow X9
01-14-2008, 05:04 PM
TO is too much drama. I'm pulling for Green Bay because they are my 2nd favorite team but to say the would have handed the Cowboys ars is much. Love Farve but he is what, 0-9 at Texas Stadium! Watch/play a lot of football Yellow?

Maybe so, and the Cowpokes were what 0 and ? till the last 3 games

tex
01-14-2008, 05:08 PM
Maybe so, and the Cowpokes were what 0 and ? till the last 3 games
????????????????

Lennyp04
01-14-2008, 05:24 PM
????????????????

Me too:confused:

atlfootr
01-14-2008, 07:25 PM
Ever since T.O. left the Eagles, I havent been a fan of him.
I'm glad he doesn't have an MC.
I've NEVER BEEN a fan of the Eagles period.
Nor of him, ither.

Aric'sX15
01-14-2008, 07:52 PM
San Diego Chargers!!!! woo!!!
maybe passes isn't the only thing romo practices with him. :D

JBaker
01-14-2008, 08:46 PM
T.O. is a mega-stud with wide receiver syndrome. Simple as that. I'll take him over anyone that fights dogs, beats women, kills while driving drunk or traffics drugs. If you know his background, he could have turned out a lot worse. Just my :twocents:

Great playoffs so far in general. From the standpoint of someone who isn't pulling for anyone in particular, there has been a lot of great football.

Mikey
01-14-2008, 09:01 PM
T.O. is a mega-stud with wide receiver syndrome. Simple as that. I'll take him over anyone that fights dogs, beats women, kills while driving drunk or traffics drugs. If you know his background, he could have turned out a lot worse. Just my :twocents:

Great playoffs so far in general. From the standpoint of someone who isn't pulling for anyone in particular, there has been a lot of great football.

Was anyone here comparing him to convicted criminals?:confused:

JBaker
01-14-2008, 10:22 PM

Not that I know of. :confused:

tex
01-14-2008, 11:16 PM
No, just making a great point!

CRAIGTHEMAN
01-14-2008, 11:39 PM
i look out my back door and look right at lambeau field..Woooooooh go pack go WE GUNNA BEAT NEWYORK!!!!!!

sand2snow22
01-15-2008, 12:28 AM
TO is to the NFL as Shaq is to the NBA, they're both the best players to ever play their respective sports. :cool:

cbryan70
01-15-2008, 01:20 AM
i will have to dissagree...untill to breaks jerry rices records....to wasnt even the best recieve in the league this year. and shaq....come on now MJ!!

h2oskifreak
01-15-2008, 02:09 AM
TO the best to play in his sport, get real. TO=BS One day very soon we will forget all about him, if he ever shuts up and lets us.

JBaker
01-15-2008, 03:10 AM
TO is to the NFL as Shaq is to the NBA, they're both the best players to ever play their respective sports. :cool:

I respect the outright boldness of this post. As for its content...:rolleyes:

IMHO TO should fall somewhere between the best player ever and forgettable - and definitely not BS. He is probably not the best wideout ever, but he almost certainly is the best after-the-catch wideout.

As for Shaq being the best ever, I have only one word: Kazaam.

SkiDog
01-15-2008, 09:41 AM

You've GOT to be kidding me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Did you EVER hear of a guy named Michael Jordan? Shaq couldn't hold Mike's jockstrap!
As for T.O., I guess you're too young to remember the likes of Dick Butkas, Walter Peyton, Joe Montana, Joe Namath, to name a few. I don't recall ANY of them crying like a baby after a post season loss.

tex
01-15-2008, 10:53 AM
Jordan
Rice
West
Montana
Johnson
Payton
Jabbar
Smith
Cousey
Unitas
Dr. J
Butkis
Bird
LT(both)

Do I stop there? He's not even in my top 10 of receivers? He has played and acted nice this year. We here in Dallas are holding our breaths! Stop all the drama and somebody beat the Pats! Go Chargers and Pack!!!!

jbfootin
01-15-2008, 11:03 AM
I respect the outright boldness of this post. As for its content...:rolleyes:

IMHO TO should fall somewhere between the best player ever and forgettable - and definitely not BS. He is probably not the best wideout ever, but he almost certainly is the best after-the-catch wideout.

As for Shaq being the best ever, I have only one word: Kazaam.
He is not even the best after the catch reciever. For the past 2 years Donald Driver has led the league in that category:) But since he does not do touchdown dances or try to make himself bigger than the game no one notices.

DanC
01-15-2008, 11:10 AM
I'm with Tex, TO is not even in the top ten receivers let alone all players. TO drops more passes in one season than Jerry Rice dropped in 10 years (exclude his rookie year and his last 5 after he tore his knee up). Why do you think the 49ers wouldn't throw to him in the red zone? Because he's afraid to reach out for the ball in traffic. And as for Run After Catch, instead of lowering his head and pushing upfield, TO dances out of bounds so fast he should be on dancing with the stars. He certainly is a physical stud, too bad he doesn't have a brain to go with the body.

Mikey
01-15-2008, 11:15 AM
Jordan
Rice
West
Montana
Johnson
Payton
Jabbar
Smith
Cousey
Unitas
Dr. J
Butkis
Bird
LT(both)

Do I stop there? He's not even in my top 10 of receivers? He has played and acted nice this year. We here in Dallas are holding our breaths! Stop all the drama and somebody beat the Pats! Go Chargers and Pack!!!!

What, no Barry Sanders? :confused: :mad:

learjet2230
01-15-2008, 11:24 AM
This is getting better than my muffler thread!

tex
01-15-2008, 11:25 AM
What, no Barry Sanders? :confused: :mad:
Just a partial list...I left a lot of people off!

h2oskifreak
01-15-2008, 05:26 PM
The best players ever have to include being a class act. TO is so full of himself it takes away from his greatness in my mind. Do you all remember the coaches who would even talk to him about playing for them because they viewed him as a cancer?

SkiDog
01-15-2008, 06:35 PM
If I hadn't seen it with my own eyes, I woulda thought that yellow78 started this thread!:D :D :D :D

Upper Michigan Prostar190
01-15-2008, 07:00 PM
T.O. probably lost his purple cat or something just as tragic. that's why he is crying.

Aric'sX15
01-15-2008, 08:39 PM

Best???Shaq couldnt make a free throw to save his life!
and t.o? what about LaDainian Tomlinson??
hmm...

x-10ron
01-15-2008, 10:48 PM
:cry: T.O. is a big puss!!! (thats my quarterback man!!):cry:
I just wish washington would have beat the seahalks so they could have stomped dallas again!!!!

tex
01-15-2008, 11:02 PM
:cry: T.O. is a big puss!!! (thats my quarterback man!!):cry:
I just wish washington would have beat the seahalks so they could have stomped dallas again!!!!
Let go of your anger...it's ok to admit that you have a problem.

sand2snow22
01-16-2008, 12:30 AM
I've always wondered why my friend argues Shaq is the best player ever. It gets people fired up. As for TO, I even like Steve Largent better!

x-10ron
01-16-2008, 08:58 AM
Let go of your anger...it's ok to admit that you have a problem.

I'm trying too, I'm more pissed off that Gibbs is retiring!!:D

tex
01-16-2008, 10:54 AM
I've always wondered why my friend argues Shaq is the best player ever. It gets people fired up. As for TO, I even like Steve Largent better!
That was my first thought!

tex
01-16-2008, 10:55 AM
I'm trying too, I'm more pissed off that Gibbs is retiring!!:D
His son JD has a kid with luekeimia.

JBaker
01-16-2008, 10:30 PM
He is not even the best after the catch reciever. For the past 2 years Donald Driver has led the league in that category:) But since he does not do touchdown dances or try to make himself bigger than the game no one notices.

Thankfully simply racking up YAC does not make you the best after-the-catch wideout.

I have some respect for Driver, especially his toughness. I think most perceptive or knowledgable fans do. As for no one "noticing" him...I would say that has more to do with his lack of dominance than a lack of dancing. Being consistently pretty good can only get you so far. Not once has he had a single season with 1300+ yards or 10+ touchdowns. This is particularly disappointing for someone who has played his career in a relatively pass-happy offense.

JBaker
01-16-2008, 10:38 PM
His son JD has a kid with luekeimia.

That's terrible. Best of luck to Gibbs and his family. I was admittedly really down on him during his comeback until this year. He is such a class guy and as much as he irritated me with the Arrington and Archuleta situations, he impressed the heck out me with the Taylor tragedy. My hat goes off to Gibbs and the entire Redskins roster for not packing it in after losing not only a friend, but arguably their greatest player.

damaged442
01-16-2008, 10:45 PM
I've been a Dallas fan my whole life. I can't stand TO. He needs to STFU and play. Anyone else that has dropped that many passes would be all sorts of benched! He has no concept of team. Go get misty eyed somewhere else. Cry me a river. :cry: :rant:

tex
01-17-2008, 10:26 AM
That's terrible. Best of luck to Gibbs and his family. I was admittedly really down on him during his comeback until this year. He is such a class guy and as much as he irritated me with the Arrington and Archuleta situations, he impressed the heck out me with the Taylor tragedy. My hat goes off to Gibbs and the entire Redskins roster for not packing it in after losing not only a friend, but arguably their greatest player.
His son JD runs the NASCAR end of their business and is also a really good guy.

jbfootin
01-17-2008, 10:46 AM
Thankfully simply racking up YAC does not make you the best after-the-catch wideout.

I have some respect for Driver, especially his toughness. I think most perceptive or knowledgable fans do. As for no one "noticing" him...I would say that has more to do with his lack of dominance than a lack of dancing. Being consistently pretty good can only get you so far. Not once has he had a single season with 1300+ yards or 10+ touchdowns. This is particularly disappointing for someone who has played his career in a relatively pass-happy offense.
If racking up yards after the catch is not a good measure of being good at getting yards after catching the ball....what is? Expecially when most of his catches are short slants with defenders drapped on him. For someone 3 inches shorter and 35 lbs lighter, DD is much tougher to tackle than TO.

I did not say that Driver is the best WR in the league, but he has lead the "pass happy" Packers for the past 4 years and this is the first year that he is not in the top 10 of the NFL, during that time....yet many do not know him because he is not making head lines. And in addition to being a consistant reciever, he is always making blocks and does not take plays off.

I will say that given a choice between TO and DD...I would take DD:twocents:

JBaker
01-17-2008, 01:13 PM
If racking up yards after the catch is not a good measure of being good at getting yards after catching the ball....what is? Expecially when most of his catches are short slants with defenders drapped on him.

Not trying to do battle here, but you basically answered your own question. Receivers with an inability to catch the ball down the field generally yield higher YAC averages. For instance, RBs always lead WRs in YAC because they are catching screens, swing passes, etc. This is why you have to look at YAC relative to average yards per catch. DD averaged 12.8 yards per catch this year, a testimonial to his inability to catch the ball down the field. In fact, Driver's first season as a starter ('02) was the only year that he averaged more than 14.4 yards per catch. TO has bettered that in 3 out of his last 4 years and averages 14.8 for his career. Even if want to suggest that the YAC average alone determines who is the better player after the catch, Terrell has Driver stomped out. For their careers, Driver averages 4.4; Terrell 5.5. TO has 6 seasons averaging 6 or more yards after the catch. Donald Driver has never done that.

But hey, I am just a boat owner.:D

DanC
01-17-2008, 04:50 PM
TO has bettered that in 3 out of his last 4 years and averages 14.8 for his careerD

That's because TO can only catch the ball in the open field. Put him in traffic, across the middle or the red zone and he gets what the San Francisco announcers call "alligator arms"

h2oskifreak
01-17-2008, 04:55 PM
Dan,
I like the term "Aligator Arms", never heard that before. I was thinking more like "Croc.l Tears".

jbfootin
01-17-2008, 05:55 PM
Not trying to do battle here, but you basically answered your own question. Receivers with an inability to catch the ball down the field generally yield higher YAC averages. For instance, RBs always lead WRs in YAC because they are catching screens, swing passes, etc. This is why you have to look at YAC relative to average yards per catch. DD averaged 12.8 yards per catch this year, a testimonial to his inability to catch the ball down the field. In fact, Driver's first season as a starter ('02) was the only year that he averaged more than 14.4 yards per catch. TO has bettered that in 3 out of his last 4 years and averages 14.8 for his career. Even if want to suggest that the YAC average alone determines who is the better player after the catch, Terrell has Driver stomped out. For their careers, Driver averages 4.4; Terrell 5.5. TO has 6 seasons averaging 6 or more yards after the catch. Donald Driver has never done that.

But hey, I am just a boat owner.:D

I guess my original point is lost on you. I did not mean to say that Driver is the best at yards after the catch. I was just giving him as an example of someone that has had more YAC than TO in the last 2 years to say that I do not think TO is the best in the NFL in that stat. For as physical of a specimen he is, I do not think TO is the best runner after the catch or the best at catching the ball in traffic.

"looks like tarzan but plays like jane":twocents:

:popcorn: :popcorn:

JBaker
01-17-2008, 10:52 PM
That's because TO can only catch the ball in the open field. Put him in traffic, across the middle or the red zone and he gets what the San Francisco announcers call "alligator arms"

Well that might be a bit extreme but TO certainly isn't in line for any "great hands" awards. Just a trip to Canton.

h2oskifreak
01-17-2008, 11:12 PM
I am not a T.O. hater at all, and I remember his days with San Fransisco. Most of the greats do it on the field with actions and he does so much self promotion and destructive (verbal) things for the teams he plays for it takes away from his greatness. I'm just sayin. What other H.O.F. inductees were that mouthy, I can't remember that many, because the people who vote remember.

JBaker
01-17-2008, 11:25 PM
he does so much self promotion and destructive (verbal) things for the teams he plays for it takes away from his greatness. I'm just sayin. What other H.O.F. inductees were that mouthy, I can't remember that many.

Maybe an older gentlemen might know of another TO, but I don't. Irvin and LT (I'm sure there are others) had multiple run-ins with the law, but the TO situation is somewhat unique. His behavior had direct impact on his team. He was an extremely destructive teammate. You can make a strong case that he has done more harm to his teams than good over the years.

That being said, he is a lock for the hall. If he had a borderline career then his personal crap could keep him out, but he is going to be near or at the top in almost every receiving category if he gets even a couple more healthy years.

I will say that if it were baseball, he would have a more difficult time. Thankfully, football inducts the greatest players, not just great players who sportswriters deem to be good enough citizens.

h2oskifreak
01-18-2008, 12:00 AM
I don't doubt he will be there. I just get tired of all the extra things in all sports now. Every play has to be a celebration in football. I long for the days (and it's been a while now) when a guy would score a touchdown and he would act like he had been there before. More Money, More Problems.

JBaker
01-18-2008, 02:48 AM
I don't doubt he will be there. I just get tired of all the extra things in all sports now. Every play has to be a celebration in football. I long for the days (and it's been a while now) when a guy would score a touchdown and he would act like he had been there before. More Money, More Problems.

:toast: I totally agree. That's part of the reason why I love college sports so much. After March you will find me in a depression until the boats are summerized.:(

jbfootin
01-18-2008, 09:26 AM
I agree also. There are a few players that, like Walter Payton or Barry Sanders did, just hand the ball to the ref and go back to the sidelines while getting butt pats from team mates. But they are very rare these days.

The lack of ego makes college sports great. In my opinion, March madness is the best couple weeks of sports there is.:cool:

sand2snow22
02-01-2008, 11:55 AM
A closet TO fan! This is good if you've got 3 minutes to spare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2triiYXSY8