PDA

View Full Version : Paintball....??

Workin' 4 Toys
01-14-2008, 11:48 AM
Anyone here into Paintball?

east tx skier
01-14-2008, 11:57 AM
Had a couple of pistols when I was younger, but quickly discovered that I don't enjoy being shot at. Had lots of friends who enjoyed it though.

point1234
01-14-2008, 03:10 PM
I was really big into paintball for about 12 years. I played on a national team going to alot of tournaments all over the US. Played on alot of 5 and 10 man teams. Pretty much got out of it when everything started to change over to Xball. I saw paintball come out of the woods and on to Hyperball fields and the Airball. Played at the big tourneys when they were moved to Disney world and Raymond James Stadium, and even playing on the beaches of Aruba. The technology in the equipment as far as the paintball guns and clothing has changed leaps and bounds. Since I started playing. At one time I remember paying over 10 cents a ball.

But I ended up buying a MC and now I spend all my time on that instead of getting shot at.

But I do have to say that was the best times of my life. I still get out once and awhile

Mikey
01-14-2008, 03:16 PM
I go a couple times a year with a group from church. It is a good time, nobody in the group is a pro so we just go out and have fun. When you end up playing against pro's its not that fun because they take it way too seriously.

Leroy
01-14-2008, 03:50 PM
My son's did and I have guns and equipment that they would probably sell if anyone is interested.

puck_11
01-14-2008, 04:15 PM
First time I played was with my squadron which is half Marines and half Navy, the Marines have had far more training with regards to weapons and tactics, they were good. The second time I played yesterday with one of my good friends who coaches a D1 softball team. It was fun cause the girls weren't very good and made good targets haha.

SDAhockey21
01-14-2008, 04:39 PM
I was/am really into woods paint ball, not speed ball. i am a one shot one kill kind of guy. I do not play to often because it is $$$$ usually $60 a day, but then again gas is $$ too, but i get more enjoyment out of gas in a boat than to paint splattered on people, and random objects...

88 PS190
01-14-2008, 05:47 PM
Played alot in highschool, it got to the point where our team was getting small sponsorships, but had not gotten paint/field fee assistance, we were just getting things like jerseys and that, and it was just way too expensive to keep going.

I was at the point where I needed to move into more reliable and faster cycling markers. A few of the guys joined onto teams and kept with it, but I just spent more time with other hobbies.

Now my brothers and I play airsoft. BB's are cheap as heck, the gear is affordable relatively, 300$ gets everything you need to play. Additionally the mess is much less, and the range at which the projectile can be damaging is lower, we would set up in fields near our houses, or in powerline right of ways for practice, and if you had a miss shot head towards a house you could break windows, with an airsoft gun the bb's are so light that they just fall off.

Biggest disadvantage is somewhat the realism of the equipment which can make some people very nervous if they see you, paintball markers with the hoppers and tanks don't look very realistic and people don't get the wrong idea about them.

Workin' 4 Toys
01-14-2008, 06:16 PM
I went several times years ago. Always rented the equipment. But now, some of my buddies are getting into it and requested I also jump in.

88PS190- I know what you mean about the realistic equipment in airsoft. I was at a shop not so long ago that had them. Other than the flourescent orange on them, I'd guess they were the real deal from a distance.

88 PS190
01-14-2008, 07:24 PM
even more realistic when you do match play, some people have added longer tight bore barrels which extend into a suppressor (looking) object. And many of the guns purchased out of japan (dentrinityshop or similar) have removable orange, mine for example is a screw on peice shaped like a flash gaurd, which I keep in my pocket and would swap if ever an issue.

Game play is more interesting, I liked speed ball, but some teams are just too good, and woods ball I never enjoyed.

VOLFAN
02-03-2008, 10:36 PM
I use to play for a team called Precision. We traveled all over the country play the NPPL/PSP series. It was fun, but took up alot of my time.

erkoehler
02-03-2008, 10:48 PM
My brother in-law is getting into air soft. If there were more places to play locally, I'd consider it.

88 PS190
02-04-2008, 12:46 AM
My brother in-law is getting into air soft. If there were more places to play locally, I'd consider it.

heck turn over your kitchen table, and flip over a couch and wham... instant airsoft. Play in the apartment a few times a week.

454Prostar190
02-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Our company plays paintball another general contracting company here in San Francisco at least once a year. It is really a kick! We play at a place in Burlingame and by "their" rules... If you get hit... You're out! The last couple of times that we have been we have talked them into bending the rules for us and "only 'head shots' count" as a hit! You can take a lot of body shots before anyone shoots you in the head and most everyone is pretty beat up at work the next morning! Last year we played on Valentines Day.... and won.... again! We ended up calling it the Valentines Day Massacre! Got the call for a rematch this Valentines Day.... These guys just don't learn!

Workin' 4 Toys
02-20-2008, 12:15 AM
I have now been corrected more times than I can count.:o
It's a "PAINTBALL MARKER" not a paintball gun. Not sure when or why it changed, but it is what it is.

The airsoft pistols (or whatever the heck they call them now) I looked at the other day were all clear with the orange accent pieces. Not sure if they made them change them all to look less like the real deal or what. Now they look like toys.

Workin' 4 Toys
02-20-2008, 12:16 AM
Our company plays paintball another general contracting company here in San Francisco at least once a year. It is really a kick! We play at a place in Burlingame and by "their" rules... If you get hit... You're out! The last couple of times that we have been we have talked them into bending the rules for us and "only 'head shots' count" as a hit! You can take a lot of body shots before anyone shoots you in the head and most everyone is pretty beat up at work the next morning! Last year we played on Valentines Day.... and won.... again! We ended up calling it the Valentines Day Massacre! Got the call for a rematch this Valentines Day.... These guys just don't learn!

How did it go?

454Prostar190
02-20-2008, 01:10 PM
How did it go?
Went well but, still have bruises that are healing:( ! We played for about 3 hours on an indoor course. We had 8 players, they had 11 players. HEAD SHOTS ONLY would score as a kill! We lost the first 3 rounds and I think that is was because we were out numbered and the team with the last man standing wins. Then there was round #4! We decided that it was time for a Bum Rush!! No hiding behind bunkers, ducking for cover, no wimps and take it as it comes. So, when the referee said GO, the battle was ON!!!! We rushed down to their end as fast as we could and it was the battle of battles! They didn't know what was happening! I took more hits in that battle than in all of the other battles combined but, we focused on their key players and had them running for the safety net! After that, they were broken. NO more confidence! We won 3 of the 4 following rounds! We were smiling, they weren't! It could probably be called a draw but, they know who WE are and what we're about now!