PDA

View Full Version : Cincinnati Boat Show

OhioProstar
01-13-2008, 11:33 AM
A sales rep from Hern Marine called me yesterday. He said that this Friday (Jan 18th) will be free to the public to celebrate their 50 yr anniversary.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-13-2008, 11:44 AM
Free to everyone?
BTW...they are not the local MC dealer anymore.

Mag_Red
01-13-2008, 12:59 PM
:mad: I haven't got my call yet. So do you have to get the tickets at Hern or is something else set up???? Or is it simply free for everyone showing up Friday???

OhioProstar
01-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I haven't called them back yet. We were at Hern looking at Cabin Cruisers in late summer not MC's...but I think they still had a few on the lot. The sales guy gave me a simple follow up call without being pushy....I give the guy some props. I will find out tomorrow what the deal is.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-18-2008, 02:14 PM
OK...who's going and when? I think my wife and I will be there tomorrow (Saturday)...late afternoon/early evening.

OhioProstar
01-18-2008, 11:13 PM
Went this evening. It was free and packed. There were more inboards than I have ever seen. All of the players turned out. MC was way in the NW corner with only a couple boats, but they just switched dealers. Chris Owen was working the booth from MC Corp. There were a number of other brands, I/O, there that I have never heard of.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-20-2008, 01:19 PM
We ended up going last night. Based upon past experience I thought we'd be there for an hour, maybe two, but we ended up staying for over 3hrs.

Dusty (owner of Cincinnati MasterCraft) was great to talk with. He's stoked on the product and having been an owner of MC's for many years, he's been in our shoes. I think it has the potential to develop into something great in our market...a MC only dealership that understands the expectations of MC owners.

I'm sure it'll be a challenging year. They came late into the show and that's why they were limited in space and location, but once they get the shop built and word out there...

Congrats to Dusty and Cincinnati MasterCraft. Again, it was great talking with them.

On a side note...I have to give Greg Loeser and his crew at KY BoatWorks (MC dealer outside Louisville, KY) major props. They are supporting Cincinnati MasterCraft while they get up and running. The TT 197 and X-Star were actually BoatWorks boats lent to CMC for the show. Awesome to see positive interaction b/w dealers.

Take care,
Paul