PDA

View Full Version : SKIDIM drain valve kit

learjet2230
01-12-2008, 06:35 PM
Anybody have an experience with this. I put mine on today. Everything was going great....until I got to the ones on the block! Turns out whoever owned the boat before me put some wierd fittings in there with the wrong threads. I got one fixed, but one needs to have the threads chased. So I drove all over town looking for a tap, with no luck! CRUD! So if anyone in Granbury, TX has a 1/4" PIPE THREAD tap, PM me. Otherwise I'll have to order one.

Jerseydave
01-12-2008, 09:54 PM
1/4 pipe thread is a common size............check auto parts stores, Mac and Snap-on dealers, plumbing supply places, Lowe's and Home Depot, machine shops, auto repair shops, etc.

Good luck.

TMCNo1
01-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Anybody have an experience with this. I put mine on today. Everything was going great....until I got to the ones on the block! Turns out whoever owned the boat before me put some wierd fittings in there with the wrong threads. I got one fixed, but one needs to have the threads chased. So I drove all over town looking for a tap, with no luck! CRUD! So if anyone in Granbury, TX has a 1/4" PIPE THREAD tap, PM me. Otherwise I'll have to order one.

Check around town at the cheapo tools stores and you can find a decent 40 Piece DIY Tap and Dies set for less than $25 that you'll probably never wear out just using it around the house/home garage in a lifetime. If they were to be used by professional mechanic or for production work that would be a different story. I've had a set I got for $14.95 for over 20 years and have never had any problems with it even when using it on an occasional small stainless steel piece.

Footin
01-12-2008, 10:47 PM
A bit off topic, but I need to chase the threads in my exhaust manifold plugs this year as they are getting hard to get in and out. What size are the thread on a Indmar (chevy) motor? I'm guessin 3/4.

ski_king
01-12-2008, 11:24 PM
A bit off topic, but I need to chase the threads in my exhaust manifold plugs this year as they are getting hard to get in and out. What size are the thread on a Indmar (chevy) motor? I'm guessin 3/4.
3/4 NPT is correct

Most any decent hardware store should have the 1/4 NPT tap. Or like Harold said, pick up a cheap set. I have used the same $10 set for quite a few yearsd for around the house repairs. (I don't think I would want to tap a fresh hole, but for cleaning up threads, they work fine)

ski_king
01-12-2008, 11:24 PM
sory, double post....

but here is a link to a 3/4 plug on skidim.com to verify it is 3/4 NPT
http://skidim.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RS3533

stuartmcnair
01-12-2008, 11:58 PM
I have them...kind of a pain to get in since there are three pieces that need to be put on per drain. I hate teflon tape. The drains are great for a quick drain when the temp fluctuates a lot.

H20skeefreek
01-13-2008, 02:34 AM
One of my ski buddies has them on his OtherCraft. They are really nice. I've asked for them for 2 years for Christmas and haven't gotten them.

TMCNo1
01-13-2008, 07:57 AM
One of my ski buddies has them on his OtherCraft. They are really nice. I've asked for them for 2 years for Christmas and haven't gotten them.

I don't know why, but that's funny as can be! Must be the coffee!

Laurel_Lake_Skier
01-13-2008, 02:08 PM
Must be the coffee!
What are you putting in your coffee these days?:rolleyes:

TMCNo1
01-13-2008, 02:17 PM
What are you putting in your coffee these days?:rolleyes:

Teak Oil has it's uses other that what it was developed for!
I got a chemistry set for Christmas when I was young and have been having alot fun for many years!:rolleyes: :D