PDA

View Full Version : Ski Help again!!

ShamrockIV
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
hey ya'll
i may have found my wife a ski. she is a beginner but i think she will be more excited about it if i get her a ecent ski of her own. Anyone have any knowledge about a HO Odyssey. i found one for a good price i just need to know if it would be any good? thanks i am sure ya'll will be helpfull as usual!!

JohnnyB
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
I don't know much of anything about that particular ski.

Here's one you may be interested in for someone beginner to intermediate:

http://wileyski.com/waterskis/skis-240.htm

Also, what size are you looking for??? Dare I ask, what is your wife's approximate weight and height?

You may consider shopping ski-it-again.com for something used for her.

ShamrockIV
01-12-2008, 02:56 PM
63" ski length is all i can say without fear of a reprisal

D3skier
01-13-2008, 12:39 AM
63" ski length is all i can say without fear of a reprisal

I think that pretty much says it all........... total hottie!!!!:eek: :cool:

ShamrockIV
01-13-2008, 10:30 AM
Come to CSM 08 and see!!! lol thanks D3!!

As soon as i get a pic that she approves of i may put it on here. lol

and 132 on the wakeboard!!! lol

Ski-me
01-14-2008, 08:03 PM
I bought my wife an HO Burner last summer and she loved it! She really had a hard time deep water starting on my ski. After 3 kids, her strength was on the light side. With the wider surface area, it really helped he come up easier and now she is excited to ski this summer.

Half the battle is equipment. I also got her a shorty wetsuit to keep her feeling confident/looking good.

It also works with kids. :D

88 PS190
01-14-2008, 08:07 PM
I don't know if I would go down to a 63" ski, when I was younger I briefly skied on one, and i kept burying the tip into the wakes. I suppose the isue being that on the short ski, and at those speeds it was quite easy for the tip to dip through the trough and catch.

The 64 was much better as far as dealing through the trough.

ShamrockIV
01-14-2008, 09:24 PM
This all may have been for naught!!
she says she wants to just wakeboard instead!! dangit but at least she told me b4 i bought her an expensive ski!!