01-11-2008, 02:37 PM
Who knows the best for an old S@S's?

captain planet
01-11-2008, 02:40 PM
On an older S&S?........

How about NO tower!

ShamrockIV
01-11-2008, 02:48 PM
Dude please do not ruin another S&S by putting a tower on it!!
You seriously devalue it!!!!!!
If you want a tower please get another boat!!

I bet you will hear this alot!

Monte
01-11-2008, 02:52 PM
Dude please do not ruin another S&S by putting a tower on it!!
You seriously devalue it!!!!!!
If you want a tower please get another boat!!

Yeah I have to agree with Shamrock on this one.. The S&S's were not meant to have towers installed.. Go with an extended Pylon.. Then you get the height you are looking for without drilling holes..

That being said.... it IS YOUR boat.. Do what you want

ShamrockIV
01-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Thanks monte!!
You would have to brace and have hella backplates for tower to not get ripped out of a S&S. especially a 79!!

my friend at the lake has a 79 he bought new!!! green and white itlooks like it is new!! worth alot!!

Monte
01-11-2008, 03:02 PM
Thanks monte!!
You would have to brace and have hella backplates for tower to not get ripped out of a S&S. especially a 79!!

my friend at the lake has a 79 he bought new!!! green and white itlooks like it is new!! worth alot!!

Yeah there's a blue and white 79 in mint condition that shows up on my home lake on special occasions like July fourth.. It is a beutiful boat:cool: He keeps it in a warehouse year round.. brings it out maybe once/ twice a year.... sad really:( But well preserved.. I'd buy it;)

Chas
01-11-2008, 03:34 PM
I have the same vintage boat, and I have purchased a pylon extension with board rack. I found it on Craigslist. It is a Skylon setup, haven't tried it yet.

Monte
01-11-2008, 04:00 PM
I have the same vintage boat, and I have purchased a pylon extension with board rack. I found it on Craigslist. It is a Skylon setup, haven't tried it yet.

I personnaly think that is the way to go with an S&S:cool:

etduc
01-11-2008, 04:11 PM
:cool: Who knows the best for an old S@S's?

NONE! :)

If you want an extended pylon, cheap, pm me. A S&S is to cool, to hang a head-ache rack, on. :cool:

Mikey
01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
It is YOUR boat so do what YOU want to it. If others dont like towers on their vintage S&S boats than they dont have to put one on.

Since you asked "what is a good tower" and not "should I put a tower on my vintage S&S" I will answer your question. There are many options out there for aftermarket wakeboard towers. You just have to decide on what fits your budget and what style you like. Check out www.monstertower.com although they might not make the most attractive tower it is relatively inexpensive and very strong. They get great reviews from users. Another option is www.newdimensiontowers.com They are a bit more expensive but are alot more stylish. Again its all about your budget. There are many more companies out there so just try a google search for wakeboard towers and see whats out there. Hope this helps.

79GhettoStar
01-11-2008, 05:04 PM
I have a 79 S+S and the extended pylon works well. It's a '10 foot pole'.
Found it on craigslist for $120 with Board racks.

rwoznock
01-12-2008, 07:24 AM
www.diywake.com is having a sale for the winter. You get a free board rack! Good luck in whatever you choose.

H20skeefreek
01-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Go with the extended pylon! It works great w/o ruining the boat. I really don't know how well the deck would hold up to the strains of a tower w/o some serious reinforcement. I have a 7" skylon that works great!

If you INSIST on getting a tower, I'd get a new dimension. I almost bought a brown S&S from MYMC, but couldn't do it b/c is had a HIDEOUS cheap tower on it (it also leaked a good bit, but that would've been fixable).

Jayc
01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
If you want a tower go for it. If you sell the boat and the buyer doesn't want it its not a big job to fill the holes and make it good.

I put a joystick tower on my pro comp which is a similar shape to your boat. It suited the lines of the boat better than a monster would. I mainly went for the tower as a place to stick 4 wakeboards and some speakers.

You could try speaking to Ken at www.bulletlines.com They are just bringing their own line of towers to the market and they look cool.

TMCNo1
01-12-2008, 12:34 PM
Yeah there's a blue and white 79 in mint condition that shows up on my home lake on special occasions like July fourth.. It is a beutiful boat:cool: He keeps it in a warehouse year round.. brings it out maybe once/ twice a year.... sad really:( But well preserved.. I'd buy it;)

I hope that gets me off the top of the bashing totum pole!:D

Monte
01-12-2008, 08:04 PM
I hope that gets me off the top of the bashing totum pole!:D

Not quite Harold.. His Teak is not as shiny8p

stuartmcnair
01-12-2008, 11:50 PM
I think Harold has two boats and the one in pictures has never been wet...

TMCNo1
01-13-2008, 09:21 AM
I think Harold has two boats and the one in pictures has never been wet...

You are absolutely right!
I have been preserving it so it can be inducted into the MasterCraft Museum, Hall of Fame, ProShop and Factory Outlet Store complex!

We do have a second boat,

Sorry for the threadjack, http://www.gottadeal.com/forums/images/smilies/new/gdbacktopic.gif

79stars
01-25-2008, 09:37 PM
Thanks for all the info. IM sold on the pylon and no tower. Keepin it CLASSIC!

Monte
01-25-2008, 09:50 PM
Glad to hear it...

JLeuck64
01-25-2008, 09:55 PM
I helped a friend put a Big Air Pylon on his 81 Nautique last summer. Looks great, BUT if I had it to do all over again I would have recommended just going with an extended pylon. Those older boats are more narrow than what is being produced these days. That fact alone made it a very challenging project! It was tough getting it to fit just right...